over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Jay Cutlers training routine EXPLAIN

itrain

Registered
he has had great improvements from 1999-2009 but his heaviest weights are maxed you never see him row more then 4 plates, squat smith 4 plates, incl bench 4 plates flat bench 5 plates,,

do you think to reach these lifts training one body part per week is the way to go or is it training 4-8 reps something like chest/ back ... legs/... sh/bi/tri ,, or a doggrapp routine, or big As routine which reach those heavy weight better then you have to work on higher reps for those weights...

He just makes those heavy weights look so easy and really only works hard on the last set of each ex.

"He just makes those heavy weights look so easy and really only works hard on the last set of each ex. "

The same as most other pros. Whats your point?

bodybuilding aint about lifting heavy weight easy, its about lifting light weight hard(if that makes sense, lift as low as possible while still growing) because, if you do aim to become nr1, u cant risk getting an injury, all about the stretch and the contraction

bodybuilding aint about lifting heavy weight easy, its about lifting light weight hard(if that makes sense, lift as low as possible while still growing) because, if you do aim to become nr1, u cant risk getting an injury, all about the stretch and the contraction

I do not believe that for one sec, your right its not about making heavy weight feel easy by cheating,,, im saying actually being able to move heavy weight creating more fiber recruitment and more muscle,,, have you not read anything on this board if you start benching 135 for 8-10 reps your telling me in ten years if you bench 135 8-10 reps but maybe doing 2 sec pauses your chest will have grown substantial amounts??? common brotha

Last I knew he was doing fst-7 which pretty much pumps whatever muscle with blood and nutrients and stretches the facia...I've been going it awhile and rarely max out because I'd be too pooped to finish the workout.

There's a diff between bbing and strength training

Cutler needs to be a 3nd string QB so who cares how he works out lol

What do you hope to learn from a guy who turned professional I think around age 17 and hasn't actually been forced to put bread on the table by coaching others:confused:

NZ...true...not only that, why the hell would anyone want to train like the "pros" do...when so much of it is drugs anyway. Some look at Branch, they say, dipshit is going to get hurt...train like Heath, and they say he doesn't train hard enough.

They can do what they want, when they want. Hell Kevin Levrone didn't do anything until 4 months or so before the O.

Unless you see him train in person, don't think for a second that you know how he (or any other pro) trains from the videos they choose to post.

There's also a big difference between what they do now to maintain, and what they did to get there. A lot of people fail to make that distinction.

heavy is relative to the individual...heavy to me and you can be 2 diffrent things...NOW, i beleive that you need to be able to move some substantial weigth but at a certain point you can train lighter THEN YOU PREVIOUS DID and still grow...i doubt jay has been using that weight his entire career...

and to the poster taking shots at not coachin anyone cuz he was a pro @19- who cares..does him being young and a pro matter? cant be the best at an obsessive sport by not putting in work dude

...i doubt jay has been using that weight his entire career...

actually, I remember watching a video with Jay training Evan (around the time Evan won the NY Pro) at Bev's powerhouse gym, and Evan asked Jay if his weights have increased. Jay said that the amount of weight he uses has not changed since he turned pro.

Simply put, these pros have the genetics to grow and with the amount of gear they use, they don't need to keep going heavier....they just need to keep stimulating the muscle to grow

Ive realized a while ago that the regular joe shouldnt train like the pros at all.

If you feed your muscles properly and let them get the proper rest you are going to grow regardless.

Theres also I difference between lifting heavy and lifting to actually work your muscles. Ever see those guys at the gym curling a straight bar with a 45 on each side throwing there entire body into it. Then youll see cutler with the 25's on each side standing straight up not swaying and really contracting the bicep

thats lifting

see thats I have heard jay talk before and read many articles and watched all his dvds he use to train low volume and heavy weights he stated his maxes but now and in the 2010 videos he stay 1 plate under his maxes for 5 - 6 reps and now does 10-12 reps for ex for flat bench he maxed 5 plates sometimes 5- sometimes 6 reps starting first in his routine,,, now I guess to avoid injury he does flat bench after flies and maxes out at 4 plates but with 10-12 reps ,,, he also takes 1 minute breaks to making the weights heavier because he doesnt want to go heavier.... WHat im saying is

There's also a big difference between what they do now to maintain, and what they did to get there. A lot of people fail to make that distinction.

Thats what i mean everytime I try to see how different big pros go to there size there early workout routines were all Low volume basic compound movements big body parts mashed together in the 6-8 rep range some even 4-8

Dorian yates has states this, Big ron coleman, Jay cutler,,, So i guess I asnwered my own question thanks lep100 for pointing that out to me

I don't follow the pro scene a great deal... the person to listen to IMO would be the guy who has BB'd for something like 20 years... and made gradual progress year after year... and finally cracked a pro card or something wayyy beyond his potential from 20 years ago... wouldn't matter if he gets dead last his first couple of years either... he has spent his whole career learning from mistakes.

nz rabbit im sorry but assuming he started training at 19 20 years would put him at 39 at least probably in the early 40s i dont think hed be getting a pro card now adays all these companies are looking for that young guy they can ride for as long as possible for example phil heath

take as much steroids as him, eat and train and you most likely will be able to lift those kind of weights aswell

i know from my own personal experiences i can stop squating or dead lifting for 5 months, hit a big cycle and still squat 600 and deadlift 700 first time doing the lift in 5 months

drugs work, and even better if ya have the genetics

try remember though, bodybuilding is not about what you lift, so what jay lifts is not important

Unless you see him train in person, don't think for a second that you know how he (or any other pro) trains from the videos they choose to post.

i agree. i bet jay when he first started training had the "low reps" phase to build up his strength

"The muscle has no idea how much weight you are lifting, only how much stress it is under. If you can get more stress in the muscle with less weight you will get better results with less chance of injury."

^^^ kaladryn if this is so true then why do you see all pros benching 4 plates, rowing 3-4 plates squating 4-6 plates, leg pressing 15-25 plates , common man we get your point but strength must be aquired first

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws