over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mass building workouts

woodbs

Registered
What are some of you guys doing for a mass routine? I've done low rep, heavy weight compound moves etc...
Saw this in a search

WEEKLY SPLIT:
DayBodyparts Trained
1Chest, triceps
2Legs, calves, abs
3Rest
4Shoulders, traps
5Back, biceps, abs
6Rest
7Rest

Are you kidding?

Here's what most of us do for our mass routines. Stimulate/tear down the muscle. Feed the muscle. Rest. Repeat and don't be afraid to change it up.

Ok? More detail would be good

There is no more detail available. Find a workout plan that works for you, hit it hard, eat, rest, grow. You are trying to make it way to difficult

Ok? More detail would be good

basically what he is saying is: keep it simple.. get in, lift heavy with perfect form for 6-12 reps or whatever, get out. Eat, sleep, repeat.

people tend to get lost in the minutia, and that's when they make no progress.

as long as you are avoiding injuries and making steady progression...there doesn't need to be anything complex going on

I like classic upper body/ lower body split. been training this way for the last 2 years. I train for structural balance too. So for instanse, upper body workout A is centered around the bench press and Pendley Row. while Upper body workout B is focused on heavy overhead press and pullups.

here's what I have been doing

Workout A-Monday

bench press 5x5
Pendley Rows 5x5
Incline db 1-2 x 8-10 reps
nuetral grip pull ups 1-2 x 8-10 reps
BB curls 2 x 8-10
scull crushers 2x8-10
Face pulls or shruggs for a few sets of 8-10

lower body ATuesday
Dead lift ramp up to a heavy triple or single
leg press 3-5 x 6-8
seated leg curls 3x 8-10
standing calf raises 3 x 5-8
some ab work

workout B- Thursday
pull up(weighted) 5x5
OHP 5x5
DB bench press 2x 8-10
Seated rows 2x 8-10
DB hammer curls
cable press downs
reverse pec deck 2x8-10

lower body B-Friday
squats 5x5
good mornings ramp up to a top set of 5 reps
leg ext 2x 8-10
standing calf raises 3-5 x 8-10
some ab work

apply progressive overload and it will work...........but so will just about anything else. for me training this way has really helped balance out my physique and kept me feeling healthy injury free. no more bodybuilding workout split for me

And let's not forget adding our favorite mass building hormones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are some of you guys doing for a mass routine? I've done low rep, heavy weight compound moves etc...
Saw this in a search

WEEKLY SPLIT:
DayBodyparts Trained
1Chest, triceps
2Legs, calves, abs
3Rest
4Shoulders, traps
5Back, biceps, abs
6Rest
7Rest

do something to create new innervations, this will lead to new growth.

if you have been doing heavy weight high rep for a while, switch it to high reps.

high reps doesn't always mean low weight.

high reps can be brutal.

create a plan that involves constant progression, you need too overload the muscle and cns, then recover.

I prefer

chest/shoulder
back
rest
legs
arms with secondary chest and shoulder

with this you really hit muscle groups 2x wk, once hard and direct the next easy and indirect.

do something to create new innervations, this will lead to new growth.

if you have been doing heavy weight high rep for a while, switch it to high reps.

high reps doesn't always mean low weight.

high reps can be brutal.

create a plan that involves constant progression, you need too overload the muscle and cns, then recover.

I prefer

chest/shoulder
back
rest
legs
arms with secondary chest and shoulder

with this you really hit muscle groups 2x wk, once hard and direct the next easy and indirect.

You can overload the muscle without killing your CNS :) Heavy weights create a lot of stress on the CNS. Now, we know using heavy weights progressively creates muscle damage and has a good deal of mechanical tension, which hypertrophy the muscle... BUT if you train like this day i and day out, your CNS gets burnt out. High rep sets taking the sets to failure also have create hypertrophy but through different mechanisms... High rep sets recruit muscle fibers differently than heavy sets, but if taken to failure, your body will pull from all resources (all muscle fibers) when reaching failure to lift the weight. So you still create muscular damage, but also have a great deal of metabolic stress (which also includes a lot of blood in the muscles).

By combining different rep schemes as such, one can train more frequently and fatigue the muscle without fatiguing the CNS.

Some good suggestions on here. Sticking to the basics and keeping it simple is a good idea. Put a good amount of work into the big 3 - bench, squat, deads. Rotate between low and high volume work and varied techniques - drop sets, rest pause, partials, negatives, etc. Diet always plays a huge role, too. It can be challenging sometimes to consume enough cals depending on your size.

You can overload the muscle without killing your CNS :) Heavy weights create a lot of stress on the CNS. Now, we know using heavy weights progressively creates muscle damage and has a good deal of mechanical tension, which hypertrophy the muscle... BUT if you train like this day i and day out, your CNS gets burnt out. High rep sets taking the sets to failure also have create hypertrophy but through different mechanisms... High rep sets recruit muscle fibers differently than heavy sets, but if taken to failure, your body will pull from all resources (all muscle fibers) when reaching failure to lift the weight. So you still create muscular damage, but also have a great deal of metabolic stress (which also includes a lot of blood in the muscles).

By combining different rep schemes as such, one can train more frequently and fatigue the muscle without fatiguing the CNS.

yes all true.

;)

the idea is to push the whole thing without over training, or really by prolonging your over training, at some point if doing it right this is kind of where you end up. constant progress then cant any more, pull up rest and recover. if you didn't you would end up over trained and or injured.

I find training the cns has helped me add more size/better shape.

at this point I feel cns is more important then muscle damage, its easy to damage the muscle.

I believ what Knight was saying is it doesnt have to be all overly-complicated like soo many people make it out to be. Very basic rules:

1) contstant progression (best thing is keeping a journal)
2) compound moves as your staples (ex: squats, rows, deadlifts etc)
3) doing movements that actually work for your particalr body type/bodypart
4) when you feel your stalling or plateauing, experiment and make the necessary changes
5) experiment and think outsidfe the box (DC creator Dante always says this)
6) very very very important: No matter how good your training protocol is, it will not work if your nutrition/diet is not in check
7) excerising/lifting is just tearing the muscle down! Recovery comes from your nutrition protocol and rest! This is where the GROWTH omes in

I can and know many others can keep the list going even further. But i just wanted to point these very important and simple FACTS out for those who have questions reguiarding training. I've learned so so sooo much from this form and many of the very intellihent and respected members from this forum especially people like Dante, Meadows, Shelby, Phil and many others as well.
My biggest advice to anyone and everyone is to always be "OPEN-MINDED" and to contantly try and experiment on yourself. You'll nebver know whats good or bad until you try it yourself. And rememeber there is no limit and knowledge is power!!!

Great points made! Open minded and thinking out of the box are always good things.

Been reading on the DC workout...just unclear on a couple things. How many sets per body part is one...

Been reading on the DC workout...just unclear on a couple things. How many sets per body part is one...

On the 2 way, one rest pause set ;3 failure points) after progressively heavier warm up sets for each bodypart.

Back thickness is different, you do progressively heavier straight sets (regular sets) to absolute failure. 2 to 3 sets

For quads, you do 1-2 heavy straight sets and do a widowmaker.

Hamstrings, depending on the exercise could also be 2-3 straight sets. RDLs would be this way due to stress on your back. Lying leg curls can be rest paused...

PM me if you have questions about the structure, but only after reading all of the stickies on intense muscle :)

Gotcha.. Just seems like one rest pause set isn't enough? Thanks mental

Gotcha.. Just seems like one rest pause set isn't enough? Thanks mental

After doing progressively heavy warm-ups (say 4 sets), trust me, it is enough...After the rest pause set, you can also do a static rep, a super slow negative or a pulsing negative (as you do the negative pulse the weight up a few inches as it comes down... like come down 4 inches, pulse up 3, come down 4 inches pulse up two... and you do that very very slow) The you have extreme stretches, these are like an occlusion static... they are crucial to program success.

I've posted picture on here before of just one of my DC blasts (while only on prescribed HRT) and I gained 40lbs in 14 weeks... Here is a back shot I found

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Off-season i just go on a plain 4 day workout.......

1. CHEST @ BICEPS
2. BACK @ TRAPS
3. OFF
4. LEGS @ CALVES
5. SHOULDERS @ TRICEPS
6@ 7 OFF

What i do is i go by feel ,if i don't feel strong i will do more reps.Course if i do feel strong i go lower reps.
Sometimes i don't know what exercise i am going to do until i walk through the gym doors.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131