over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Need some math help asap please!

7_Deadly_Sins

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Super basic trig stuff, it's extra credit and I wana get a good grade in the class.
Thanks if you got time, just post and I'll PM it

Super basic trig stuff, it's extra credit and I wana get a good grade in the class.
Thanks if you got time, just post and I'll PM it
Sorry I don't understand the question..Do you want someone to post some Trigonometry for you or help you with solving some Trig problems...It's been yrs but my favorite thing through high school and College..I was going to be a math teacher before ending up in a professional entertainment field.

TOM, I need help.

I'll just post it in the open.

Ok, basically the teacher didn't go over this yet, and I need some help so I can get a good first grade.

Section 1.1
3. If the x-coordinate of a Point P on the unit circle is 5/13(5 over 13) and P is in quadrant IV, find the y-Coordinate of P.
4. If the y-coordinate of a point P on the unit circle is -(2 Square rooted)/2 and P is in quadrant III, find the X-coordinate of P.

Secion 1.2
1. On the unit circle, sketch the arc T /w initial point (1,0) and name the quadrant that contains the terminal point of the arc. Use the arror head at the terminal point of the arc to indicate direction.
a T = 5 pie/6

B T = -3 pie/4

There's a picture of a circle that has point (1,0)(unit circle stuff)

2. what is the definatio of Sin t in terms of the unit circle? Is it Sin t = y

3. What is the defination of cot t in terms of the unit circle? Is it cot t = x?

4. If cos t = -5/13 and pie/2 <t <pie, find each of the following.
A. The quadrant that contains the terminal point of T

b. Sin t

easy man..the answer is 6

ha...been too long and too many brain cells, i went up into calc classes so ive def done this stuff and man it doesnt even register anymore...i feel for ya bro...hope you do well, more power to ya, i dont think i could even go to class for it these days!

easy man..the answer is 6

ha...been too long and too many brain cells, i went up into calc classes so ive def done this stuff and man it doesnt even register anymore...i feel for ya bro...hope you do well, more power to ya, i dont think i could even go to class for it these days!

It shouldn't be to bad when the teacher actually shows the stuff, it's extra credit and I Dont wana miss out on it.
I gota take Calc I Pre calc and statictics..lucky me!
Oh and
6 chem classes 2 bio classes and 2 physics
Woot!

good luck.bro

It shouldn't be to bad when the teacher actually shows the stuff, it's extra credit and I Dont wana miss out on it.
I gota take Calc I Pre calc and statictics..lucky me!
Oh and
6 chem classes 2 bio classes and 2 physics
Woot!

shxt man..you are bringing back nightmares!ha...stats was actually easy for me...physics tough...didnt go the total science route so didnt need chem or bio...chem is what knocked my wife out of pre med program so i understand that can be tough if you are not great at math like she isnt. good luck bro, i really need to go back to school and finish up!
btw...i did what yo said for legs(with workin in partials etc)...and even between cycle put on some ok size and decent strength

and yes a good teach can make all the difference...some just regurgitate from the book and dont really teach which sucks when that happens

shxt man..you are bringing back nightmares!ha...stats was actually easy for me...physics tough...didnt go the total science route so didnt need chem or bio...chem is what knocked my wife out of pre med program so i understand that can be tough if you are not great at math like she isnt. good luck bro, i really need to go back to school and finish up!
btw...i did what yo said for legs(with workin in partials etc)...and even between cycle put on some ok size and decent strength

and yes a good teach can make all the difference...some just regurgitate from the book and dont really teach which sucks when that happens

I've heard stats is really easy, I'm going to take it at a different school over the summer(7 week class instead of 16 at my current school)
I'm Bio major..pre dental to be exact.
I hope chem won't be to hard..I'm pretty good at math..I'm taking CHem I Trig and Bio II(i need to get this changed to I) and some labs and some BS class.

You sure that was me? I dont remember giving you advice. lol was it in a thread or PM?
Reguardless, glad you got some size and strength!
Oh I remember now I found your thread.
PM me and I'll tel lyou what I'm doing now that's working wonders if you wana hear.

Last edited:
I've heard stats is really easy, I'm going to take it at a different school over the summer(7 week class instead of 16 at my current school)
I'm Bio major..pre dental to be exact.
I hope chem won't be to hard..I'm pretty good at math..I'm taking CHem I Trig and Bio II(i need to get this changed to I) and some labs and some BS class.

You sure that was me? I dont remember giving you advice. lol was it in a thread or PM?
Reguardless, glad you got some size and strength!
Oh I remember now I found your thread.
PM me and I'll tel lyou what I'm doing now that's working wonders if you wana hear.

Only class that gave me any trouble was Organic Chemistry. Do you have to take that one for 1 year? Its not nearly as bad though as physical chemistry. P chem makes math majors shudder. Pray you dont need to take that. It sounds like youre pre med or something, so you shouldnt have to take P Chem.

#3) The unit circle means that the radius is equal to 1. Any point on the circle that doesn't lie on the x or y axis can be found using pythagorean theorem c^2=a^2+b^2...So if c=radius, which is equal to 1, then 1=a^2+(5/13)^2...rearrange algebraically and solve for a=[1-(5/13)^2]^(1/2), the 1/2 power is square root. Once you solve for a, check the quadrant and apply the appropriate sign

#4) same as above

section 1.2.

#1) can't sketch a unit circle here

#2) yes, y coordinate of a point on the unit circle is the sin of the given angle

#3) cot(t)= cos(t)/sin(t), which is equal to (x/hyp)/(y/hyp), the hyp cancels and leave cot(t)=(x/y)

#4) the quadrant is between hte points (0,1) and (-1,0), pie/2 is equal to 90 degrees and pie is equal to 180 degrees. When an nagle is defined using pie it is a measure of radians

To find sin(t) use pythagorean theorem again or do the cos inverse to find the aangle and then use the angle to find sin(t)

I took regular business math when I was in school. Best decision I every did. The kind of math you are doing is only be good if you have a speciality field. In my business, you need to know basic figures, Profit and Loss ratios, check book balance, interest rates and calculations, and basic accountant skills. In school, this is seldom taught.

I took regular business math when I was in school. Best decision I every did. The kind of math you are doing is only be good if you have a speciality field. In my business, you need to know basic figures, Profit and Loss ratios, check book balance, interest rates and calculations, and basic accountant skills. In school, this is seldom taught.

yep yep yep. doing all that now. you can kind of tell what you should actually remember

Luckily your future math requirements are pretty light, you'll make it through that no problem.

I quickly glanced through rotty's work and it all looks right, but the important thing is do you understand everything that was posted? The answer is always easy, getting there is the hard part. If not post up questions.

Thanks rotty.
And thanks Liph, I understand it now that the teacher has went over it.

Rotty's work looks good... As a student of the dismal science of Economics, my personal math/stats agenda includes Calc I and II, Stats I and II, Econometrics, Forecasting, Game Theory, Linear Algebra, and Differential Equations.. I'm a year and a half away from completing/defending my thesis. What fun!

#3) The unit circle means that the radius is equal to 1. Any point on the circle that doesn't lie on the x or y axis can be found using pythagorean theorem c^2=a^2+b^2...So if c=radius, which is equal to 1, then 1=a^2+(5/13)^2...rearrange algebraically and solve for a=[1-(5/13)^2]^(1/2), the 1/2 power is square root. Once you solve for a, check the quadrant and apply the appropriate sign

#4) same as above

section 1.2.

#1) can't sketch a unit circle here

#2) yes, y coordinate of a point on the unit circle is the sin of the given angle

#3) cot(t)= cos(t)/sin(t), which is equal to (x/hyp)/(y/hyp), the hyp cancels and leave cot(t)=(x/y)

#4) the quadrant is between hte points (0,1) and (-1,0), pie/2 is equal to 90 degrees and pie is equal to 180 degrees. When an nagle is defined using pie it is a measure of radians

To find sin(t) use pythagorean theorem again or do the cos inverse to find the aangle and then use the angle to find sin(t)

speak english please...:D

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshely