over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New study says more people should use statins

Gizmo

Registered
I've always been wary of statins, and I also think the lipid hypothesis isn't as simple as it is portrayed. I know some see statins as a poison, others say they only work through reducing inflammation.My dad has been on them for 15 years without a problem, I'd rather still stay away from them, just thought I'd share this study and see what people think.

Forbes Welcome

I disagree with this statement......

“You don’t have to treat based on cholesterol or LDL level. You don’t have to treat based on CRP,” he says. “If somebody is above a certain age and above a certain amount of risk, you should give a statin.”

Wouldn't touch them.........rhabdomyolysis risk not worth it !

Yeah...... And who do you think paid for this "skewed" study that was made in such a way? BIG PHARMA.. THE HIGH CHOLESTEROL/statin drug information was one of the biggest scams perpetrated on the American public! What THEY DON'T want you to know.... Is that if you keep taking them it weakens your muscles(just one of the side effects)....and if you take them long enough,, THEY WILL give you cancer!
Ask any HONEST cardiologist are people dropping dead with low cholesterol numbers.
You body, brain, cells, eyes, and heart NEED cholesterol.
Why bros on this forum are still getting blood work done to check their "good" and "bad" cholesterol is a mystery to me.. THERE IS NO SUCH THING as good or bad cholesterol..... They are simply a combination of proteins.. High density lipoprotein, and low density lipoprotein.. The only time cholesterol comes into play, is if you have atherosclerotic lesions in your arteries that the cholesterol attatches it, and creates plaque.. Cholesterol score is MEANINGLESS! WAKE the fuck up brothers! You want to see if you have plaque buildup in your veins or arteries? TELL.... Not ask, your doc to order an ultrasound of your car prod artery.. This will visually show you if your batteries are narrowed.. Want to prevent this and clean out your veins and arteries?
Start by taking....
Cayenne caps(100,000 btu.. 2 -3 X/day
Vitamin E complex
Cranberry extract caps(recent study shows it cleans out your arteries
Nattokinase(natural blood thinner)
Also... Probably get a good Oral Chelation product(EDTA)...THIS IS like a roto rooter for your veins..... I recommend the best one I know of..... Google Dr.. Karl Loren's oral chelation

Tom is right btw...... Good info!

Yes sir

Yeah...... And who do you think paid for this "skewed" study that was made in such a way? BIG PHARMA.. THE HIGH CHOLESTEROL/statin drug information was one of the biggest scams perpetrated on the American public! What THEY DON'T want you to know.... Is that if you keep taking them it weakens your muscles(just one of the side effects)....and if you take them long enough,, THEY WILL give you cancer!
Ask any HONEST cardiologist are people dropping dead with low cholesterol numbers.
Why bros on this forum are still getting blood work done to check their "good" and "bad" cholesterol is a mystery to me.. THERE IS NO SUCH THING as good or bad cholesterol..... They are simply a combination of proteins.. High density lipoprotein, and low density lipoprotein.. The only time cholesterol comes into play, is if you have atherosclerotic lesions in your arteries that the cholesterol attatches it, and creates plaque.. Cholesterol score is MEANINGLESS! WAKE the fuck up brothers! You want to see if you have plaque buildup in your veins or arteries? TELL.... Not ask, your doc to order an ultrasound of your car prod artery.. This will visually show you if your batteries are narrowed.. Want to prevent this and clean out your veins and arteries?
Start by taking....
Vitamin E complex
Also... Probably get a good Oral Chelation product(EDTA)...THIS IS like a roto rooter for your veins..... I recommend the best one I know of..... Google Dr.. Karl Loren's oral chelation

From all that ive researched about cholesterol numbers and their over exaggerated meanings what you wrote is complete truth addams. Ibelieve around 25 to 30 % of your brain is composed of that white matter. Squashing cholesterol in the brain could possibly lead to early dimentia and alzheimers.. good post addams.. pro

Start by taking....

Vitamin E complex

I love when u post man! Got a lot of good advice im gonna have to get on a few of these aswell!!

What brand of cranberry caps??

misinformation on statin drugs

Statin drugs are a scam by big pharma.You want to lower your risk by 75% from having a heart attack donate blood 3 times a year.Plus its mostly inflamation in your body from excess sugar and high fructose corn syrup.Cholestrol is a resonse from your body to repair inflammed areas.So if you keep getting inflamation cholestrol will build up in arteries.Plenty of info on this stuff.John Bergman on inflamation,johnnattan v Right on the 75% factor.
DR edward GRoup on overall wellnes in the body.His good read is secret to Health.Do your research.

This whole topic of statins needs to be put to bed. They are evil and kill people, end of story.

fuck statins, they are strictly a money maker for big pharm. The whole cholesterol myth is based on a study that even the person who did it has recanted its validity, but the FDA and Big Pharm like the study because it produces a disease they can make money treating so they stick with it.

makes me sick when I hear someone talking about how their doctor told them to take a statin and they cant eat any saturated fats so they load up on all the FAT FREE chemical shit storms in the grocery store as so called healthy alternatives.. trans fats, vegetible oils ect ..

The food and drug companies are in it together not to help people from getting sick, but to make sick people dependent on drugs.. Period

Statin drugs are a scam by big pharma.

DR edward GRoup on overall wellnes in the body.His good read is secret to Health.Do your research.

All of this conspiracy crap is ridiculous. This study was produced by a university team. A researcher would not risk tarnishing his scholarly reputation by skewing a study to favor a company

Although I have not inspected the article closely, this misinformation about "conspiracies" is ridiculous and needs to be put to bed. Think rationally instead of like some crazy Alex Jones follower

Last edited:
I take a low dose statin. High family and probably personal risk too for CVD.

Statin drugs are a scam by big pharma.You want to lower your risk by 75% from having a heart attack donate blood 3 times a year.Plus its mostly inflamation in your body from excess sugar and high fructose corn syrup.Cholestrol is a resonse from your body to repair inflammed areas.So if you keep getting inflamation cholestrol will build up in arteries.Plenty of info on this stuff.John Bergman on inflamation,johnnattan v Right on the 75% factor.

Lol donating blood prevents MIs? Really bro?

Donating blood could help prevent one, especially if it's caused from elevated hematocrit/hemoglobin

.. lots of bros repeat what they read on here. I worked in a cath lab.. 100% our patients had HGB within normal range

.. lots of bros repeat what they read on here. I worked in a cath lab.. 100% our patients had HGB within normal range

I personally am not opposed to the use of statins in higher risk populations and it seems that AAS boards have demonized statins for reasons i cant understand yet are more then willing to use and inject questionable and knowingly dangerous substances. I cant understand why the community has drawn such a hard line in the sand regarding statins.

I take a low dose statin and I will continue to despite being overall very healthy.

As for HCT levels and MI. Yes most of patients you will see in cath lab will have normal HCT levels because 99% of patients will including those with CAD however in our patient populations of AAS users in additions to the normal things that cause CAD they are also at risk for endothelial damage from a jacked up HCT as well as hypercoag from viscosity increase.

I would advocate keeping HCT in normal ranges to reduce risk of vascular issues that can be associated with elevation.

Now before i get a ton of PMs about statins im not advocating everyone go on them but if your risk is high enough then it might be worth considering. I personally thought it through at length and figured it was the best path for me at this time. And no I never had any sides from low dose.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws