over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T: Tour de France starts today!

SacToSD

Registered
I don't know if there's anyone on here that follows cycling, or not, but if you do then you might like to know that le tour is starting today (July 4th). I was caught off guard today when I heard it, because yes, I forgot! So, I'm hoping that that doesn't happen to anyone else and that they remember to tune into versus or whichever channel it is to check it out. Yes, Armstrong is racing... but it looks like he's supporting Contador (I wish it wasn't so). My vote for the yellow jersey goes to Armstrong, anyways, even though it probably won't happen. There are some pretty serious contenders in this year's field... Menchov, Contador, Leipheimer, etc. I'll try to keep updates going on this thread if anyone is interested.

I don't know if there's anyone on here that follows cycling, or not, but if you do then you might like to know that le tour is starting today (July 4th). I was caught off guard today when I heard it, because yes, I forgot! So, I'm hoping that that doesn't happen to anyone else and that they remember to tune into versus or whichever channel it is to check it out. Yes, Armstrong is racing... but it looks like he's supporting Contador (I wish it wasn't so). My vote for the yellow jersey goes to Armstrong, anyways, even though it probably won't happen. There are some pretty serious contenders in this year's field... Menchov, Contador, Leipheimer, etc. I'll try to keep updates going on this thread if anyone is interested.

I'd keep an eye on Andy Schleck as a dark horse outside bet.

This years Tour should be very interesting to say the least. It really is anyone's race this year although Contador is supposedly considered the favorite. I don't think Armstrong will win but I don't count him out, he should be a major factor in this Tour.

Vintagemuscle

Tour De France

I hear all tour riders are Kilo Members on this board!

I hear all tour riders are Kilo Members on this board!

LOL! :D

Lance placed 10th today, which is pretty good!

Anyway the mountains will be sole judge... let's wait a week or so. :)

Stage 1 update

#1 Fabian Cancellara, Saxo Bank
#2 Alberto Contador, Astana, at 0.18
#3 Brad Wiggins, Garmin, at 0.19
#4 Andreas Kloden, Astana, at 0.22
#5 Cadel Evans, Silence-Lotto, at 0.23
#6 Levi Leipheimer, Astana, at 0.30
#7 Roman Kreuziger, Liquigas, at 0.32
#8 Tony Martin, Columbia, at 0.33
#9 Vincenzo Nibali, Liquigas, at 0.37
#10 Lance Armstrong, Astana, at 0.40

Lance hung in there. Very respectable for a 150 man field. Not really any surprise that cancellara won the opening prologue... but I expected some other big names like hushovd etc to show up... the powerful short distance riders like him, in other words.

They don't call it the world's toughest sport for no reason. I caught Lance's time trial today and then went on a 65 mile ride. Astana's team is stacked and it looks like Lance will be a domestique this year for Contador. The Tour is pretty much on Versus all day long for the whole Tour. Should be a great race this year.

Lance To Win Tour No.8

I've never met Lance Armstrong in person but hope to do so one day....as a former competitive cyclist I've met my fare share of former cycling champions during my racing days and cycling holidays to France during Le Tour, including Sean Kelly, Greg LeMond, Stephen Roche, Miguel Indurain, Bernhard Hinault, etc.
Having competed (at a reasonably high level) in many sports during the past 25 years (i'm closing in on 40 now) I can honestly say that cycling is by far the most physically demanding sport on earth and for those of you that believe otherwise I suggest that you take yourself off to the Alps or Pyrenees for a two week cycling holiday and attempt one or two of the mountain passes, whilst catching le tour during a mountain stage....there is simply no other experience on earth that will come even close....those guys go through the mincer day and daily for practically a month.
Lance is without doubt the greatest of them all in terms of le tour and I would love to see him win his 8th simply to prove the doubters wrong....the fact that I have £50 on him to win at 7/1 makes it more interesting!

Cycling is unimaginably hard, yes. The pros make most athletes look like pansies.
I've never met Lance Armstrong in person but hope to do so one day....as a former competitive cyclist I've met my fare share of former cycling champions during my racing days and cycling holidays to France during Le Tour, including Sean Kelly, Greg LeMond, Stephen Roche, Miguel Indurain, Bernhard Hinault, etc.
Having competed (at a reasonably high level) in many sports during the past 25 years (i'm closing in on 40 now) I can honestly say that cycling is by far the most physically demanding sport on earth and for those of you that believe otherwise I suggest that you take yourself off to the Alps or Pyrenees for a two week cycling holiday and attempt one or two of the mountain passes, whilst catching le tour during a mountain stage....there is simply no other experience on earth that will come even close....those guys go through the mincer day and daily for practically a month.
Lance is without doubt the greatest of them all in terms of le tour and I would love to see him win his 8th simply to prove the doubters wrong....the fact that I have £50 on him to win at 7/1 makes it more interesting!

Thougth you might all want to know that lance is sitting in second right now

First of all, these pro riders are complete bad asses! The endurance it takes to be at their level is unreal.

However I am NOT a fan of "fat yuppie bike enthusiast guy". You guys know the peeps I'm talking about. :mad:

I hope Lance does it again. Not only is his cycling amazing, I was floored by his first marathon time! I saw an interview with him shortly after it. The guy is pretty incredible.

Eventhough I have always been a Bodybuilder/Powerlifter, I have always admired and respected the cyclists. I watch the Versus coverage constantly now....very addicting. I now look forward to July bigtime with all the coverage they have on TV of the tour..

Just watched the Stage Four time trial and it was awesome!! Lance is out of first place by a NANOSECOND. I cant believe that guy can come back from what he went through, won it seven times, retired, came back again and is still at the top of his game. My money is on him for the overall win. His motivation and deterimination is unreal. The guy just wont be denied it seems...

The team time trial was pretty exciting to watch, those guys were putting the hammer down. Average speeds 30+ ooo!
Eventhough I have always been a Bodybuilder/Powerlifter, I have always admired and respected the cyclists. I watch the Versus coverage constantly now....very addicting. I now look forward to July bigtime with all the coverage they have on TV of the tour..

Just watched the Stage Four time trial and it was awesome!! Lance is out of first place by a NANOSECOND. I cant believe that guy can come back from what he went through, won it seven times, retired, came back again and is still at the top of his game. My money is on him for the overall win. His motivation and deterimination is unreal. The guy just wont be denied it seems...

That is the truth! Took my neighbors bike out for a spin yesterday. I was so exhausted after a few miles I could barely get out of the peddle clips!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws