over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Off days

Don't forget gentlemen, to take some time for yourself. Please. Enjoy the peace, calm, walk on the beach, catch a fish, go to the range, watch a sunset, blow something up. Deep breaths, lowered heart rate, dopamine...

Because soon you'll be my age and looking back and thinking where did all the time go?
Brother, I don’t even know what that means bro lol

I am retired too. I like to say, every week has 6 Saturdays and 1 Sunday....cuz you never want to give up your Sunday.
I hear ya. That is what most say. But in my working years my saturday was up fairly early and busy all day doing things i liked and staying up late. Just can't find that amount of fun all day now so it is a leisurely pace segwaying into my fun then a slow tapper down and try to get to sleep at a decent time although i am not sure why.

I have always two days off for years from work , even when I was doing overtime my boss asked me what i want cash or time back in 99% cases i said time back. My time off is sacred , i wanna go to the gym go fishing play games. The more you have cash the more you spend so no point in chasing money too much, real freedom for me is doing what I want when I want with who I want. I will never had to look back and said i wasted years.I am no rich but I am not poor either so I think I am good, time goes fast so every day is a gift.

Don't forget gentlemen, to take some time for yourself. Please. Enjoy the peace, calm, walk on the beach, catch a fish, go to the range, watch a sunset, blow something up. Deep breaths, lowered heart rate, dopamine...

Because soon you'll be my age and looking back and thinking where did all the time go?
Let-the-waters-settle-and-you-will-see-the-moon-and-the-stars-mirrored-in-your-own-being-683x1024.jpg

world-grain-sand-heaven-wild-flower-hold-infinity-palm-quote-at-storemypic-70e7b.png

You are the quintessential, epitome of a ProfessionalMuscle Philosopher my brother. Elected Hand Selected With Pedigree. leave it to one of us to sprinkle some awe and wonder into these manufactured citizens jk lol . your post is important though, we have to detatch and disassociate form the monotonous routines imposed by cultural and societal norms.

Other than my job I don't do much extra on non-gym days.
My wife can't understand how I don't want to go out and do things. She's full of restless anxiety, I'm cool just chilling.
I spent time in university studying Eastern religions and philosophy and I'm pretty much a practical Taoist.
These days I read, study topics that interest me, and watch documentaries. Lately I might spend an hour or two a week in VR.

Let-the-waters-settle-and-you-will-see-the-moon-and-the-stars-mirrored-in-your-own-being-683x1024.jpg

world-grain-sand-heaven-wild-flower-hold-infinity-palm-quote-at-storemypic-70e7b.png

You are the quintessential, epitome of a ProfessionalMuscle Philosopher my brother. Elected Hand Selected With Pedigree. leave it to one of us to sprinkle some awe and wonder into these manufactured citizens jk lol . your post is important though, we have to detatch and disassociate form the monotonous routines imposed by cultural and societal norms.
You give me way too much credit. On a true philo forum they would eat my lunch, truly. But seriously, I really think these meditations and contemplative relaxation and study are important. Maybe it's too new agey or just not everyone's cup of tea. Too often we have these types that have watched John Wick one two many times or imagine we're Ragnar Lothbrok or some shit. LOL! Which is cool. But also, an occasional sabbatical never made anyone soft. And yes, just unplug once in a while.
My wife can't understand how I don't want to go out and do things. She's full of restless anxiety, I'm cool just chilling.
I spent time in university studying Eastern religions and philosophy and I'm pretty much a practical Taoist.
These days I read, study topics that interest me, and watch documentaries. Lately I might spend an hour or two a week in VR.
Taoism has always fascinated me. The physical Tai Chi Chuan, I Ching, cultivation of energy (the yin and yang), our physical meridians, even divination. I never practiced those arts but know of them. I've witnessed these things in nature. Yin and yang for example, where a snake will appear to shrink but while it appears to be diminishing (the yin), can burst forth with a powerful strike (the yang). Taoism would be a good discussion all its own.

A friend of mine from childhood entered the seminary and was eventually ordained. He actually got sanctioned temporarily by the Harrisburg Diocese for continuing to teach Tai Chi classes. Apparently it was thought by some that Taoism ran antithetical to Catholic dogma (as he was a Franciscan, Byzantine Rite). Perhaps it was. But he was just teaching the physical exercises and meditation. It wasn't heretical at all in my opinion. But you always have your fundamentalists. Remember Alfresco mentioned confirmation bias? Well, there's an example of full-on Dunning-Kruger.

The funny thing about bias is that we all know we're susceptible to it, we know we all are indeed biased, and we know that bias is even essential to our survival.

But tell someone they're biased once and observe. SMH... Only man could be so irrationally offended by his very own nature.

You give me way too much credit. On a true philo forum they would eat my lunch, truly. But seriously, I really think these meditations and contemplative relaxation and study are important. Maybe it's too new agey or just not everyone's cup of tea. Too often we have these types that have watched John Wick one two many times or imagine we're Ragnar Lothbrok or some shit. LOL! Which is cool. But also, an occasional sabbatical never made anyone soft. And yes, just unplug once in a while.

Taoism has always fascinated me. The physical Tai Chi Chuan, I Ching, cultivation of energy (the yin and yang), our physical meridians, even divination. I never practiced those arts but know of them. I've witnessed these things in nature. Yin and yang for example, where a snake will appear to shrink but while it appears to be diminishing (the yin), can burst forth with a powerful strike (the yang). Taoism would be a good discussion all its own.

A friend of mine from childhood entered the seminary and was eventually ordained. He actually got sanctioned temporarily by the Harrisburg Diocese for continuing to teach Tai Chi classes. Apparently it was thought by some that Taoism ran antithetical to Catholic dogma (as he was a Franciscan, Byzantine Rite). Perhaps it was. But he was just teaching the physical exercises and meditation. It wasn't heretical at all in my opinion. But you always have your fundamentalists. Remember Alfresco mentioned confirmation bias? Well, there's an example of full-on Dunning-Kruger.

The funny thing about bias is that we all know we're susceptible to it, we know we all are indeed biased, and we know that bias is even essential to our survival.

But tell someone they're biased once and observe. Only man could be irrationally offended by his very own nature. SMH...
I'm a Taoist by philosophy only, combined with Zen Buddhism.

I believe in the "be like water" mindset. Bend like the tree in the wind, be absent of corrupting desires, pride, and envy.

I believe in the "be like water" mindset. Bend like the tree in the wind, be absent of corrupting desires, pride, and envy.
You're much like me then - shrugging off indulgences, anger, drunkeness, etc not for the good or evil in any of it, but because it pulls you further and further away from the path, your path, to our zen. And the pilgrim continues his way...

much like a sculptor starts with a granite block, he removes pieces, and eventually reveals a beautiful image. much like this, Buddhism is the discarding of concepts.

Michaelangelo said "I saw an angel in the marble and I carved and set her free". I have studied a lot of the tao/dao via lao tzu, prana/mana its "sisters", holyspirit its cousin

lots of names for that life force in various cultures its quite interesting. alan watts gave me a solid intro of zen buddhism as he did for a myriad of westerners.

you cant direct the wind but we can adjust the sails. TAO TE CHING is an amazing book changed my life, lao tzu is hysterical.

I go to a Buddhist monastery out here semi-frequently, founded by

Thich Nhat Hanh | I've studied him a lot, as well as other forms of Buddhism, tantric is strange but its used in abremelin egyptian magic (one of the most difficult and hard black magick types there is) aleister crowley the mage from England in 1900s fucked his world up and those around him ravenously by famously attempting to summon his holy guardian angel with abremelin, but accidentally summoned a demon. the guys from the Beatles bought his house years later that he was doing all his black magic in, guy was a WACKO, 666 incarnate​

👍

I go about four, one week silent Buddhist retreats a year. (Just got back from one.) And I have a Buddhist teacher I see once a week. For me, it has been a game changer.

I have always two days off for years from work , even when I was doing overtime my boss asked me what i want cash or time back in 99% cases i said time back. My time off is sacred , i wanna go to the gym go fishing play games. The more you have cash the more you spend so no point in chasing money too much, real freedom for me is doing what I want when I want with who I want. I will never had to look back and said i wasted years.I am no rich but I am not poor either so I think I am good, time goes fast so every day is a gift.
Agree with this. Time is more sacred than money. If anyone wants my time, they better be someone I like. On off days from work I hit the gym though, then have Monday and Thursday as my non gym days. Feel like 5 days of work and gym is a bit much so have 2 days I only work then I can do an afternoon training session Saturday and Sunday then relax, no rush.

Time is all money is nothing! Guess that's easy to say when you have a nice life like I do. That is why I try to help the poor every chance I get. I'm not wealthy by any means but I try to give back every single day!

Lately it's been Fridays and Sundays for me. Saturdays kind of, it's leg day, but I just do glutes, calves, and hams, very easy day, maybe some light leg extensions.

I have always enjoyed our talks big bro. You are well-informed and a wealth of knowledge. You are an interesting person period. Keep shining your light homeboy

Exactly. Just curious what your age is?

Maaannnnn tomorrow is my scheduled cheat meal for the week! Smokehouse combo with Mexican Tres Leches pancakes from IHop is what I am planning! 🤤
They fucking finally opened a Raising Canes in Palm Beach! Thinking about hitting it up tomorrow for my cheat and grabbing a Caniac then picking up a Publix birthday cake on the way home 😬.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear