over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

ONLY CHANGE WAS GOING TO GRASS FED BEEF

I just did some shopping today at our local Wegmans store here in Western, NY and here are the prices I found for ground beef:

93/7 Grass Fed Beef: $4.99 lb

95/5 Ground Beef: $3.69 lb

90/10 Ground Beef: $2.69 lb

80/20 Ground Beef: $2.49 lb

Fat Free Milk $1.79 a gallon

Organic Whole or Fat Free Milk $5.99 a gallon

1 dozen of large eggs .99

1 dozen of large organic w. omega-3 eggs $3.69

Big difference in price for organic. I could never justify spending that much more on food, imo. Are you gonna live 20 years longer? What is the benefit of organic?

then don't do it. whats the point in arguing with you....its better for you....and taste better...if you don't see the benefit in that then cool

guess what I also run synthetic oil in my car? why cause like my body I run it hard and know that it works better in the engine...its more expensive but I plan on running it till the doors fall off....if I can buy beef that has healthier fats in it...I will....if I can buy raw milk..Im gonna.....I also pay way more for omegas 3 eggs....my cholesterol is a whopping 110 , my hdl and ldl levels are in the normal range....so is it worth it? guess only you can answer that.

then don't do it. whats the point in arguing with you....its better for you....and taste better...if you don't see the benefit in that then cool

guess what I also run synthetic oil in my car? why cause like my body I run it hard and know that it works better in the engine...its more expensive but I plan on running it till the doors fall off....if I can buy beef that has healthier fats in it...I will....if I can buy raw milk..Im gonna.....I also pay way more for omegas 3 eggs....my cholesterol is a whopping 110 , my hdl and ldl levels are in the normal range....so is it worth it? guess only you can answer that.

I use to run synthetic too. It burned oil like crazy. I went back to regular 5/30 and now I don't even have to add oil between oil changes. Just sayin, you don't have to always re-invent the wheel. All these threads are up for debate, welcome to PM

I use to run synthetic too. It burned oil like crazy. I went back to regular 5/30 and now I don't even have to add oil between oil changes. Just sayin, you don't have to always re-invent the wheel. All these threads are up for debate, welcome to PM

oh gee thanks for welcoming me to the board...that's really nice...

wasn't I just debating you? so I agree your right.

its not re-inventing the wheel...40 -50 years ago that's what we all ate...tell me this ....when you go out in public average joe america there is an obesity epidemic that is spreading...and its because our food sources have changed...cows are fed corn and so are we. You right why pay 5 bucks for lbs grass feed beef when you can buy corn fed 80/20 for 2.99

Big difference in price for organic. I could never justify spending that much more on food, imo. Are you gonna live 20 years longer? What is the benefit of organic?

There was a Penn & Teller episode on organic food. It was funny, like their shows always are. I don't think it talked about meats and eggs but there was some stuff about veggies and fruits. Talked about nutrition content, taste, pesticide use. For example, they said organic veggies are grown using older, more dangerous pesticides. How some think organic means no pesticides when in fact everyone uses pesticides, without exception. I'm sure you could download it off the net and some excerpts are on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M4MiobwycE

The fat profile of organic beef is better, but is it worth the price? It's a reasonable question, just like Shelby said in the piece I copied earlier.

oh gee thanks for welcoming me to the board...that's really nice...

wasn't I just debating you? so I agree your right.

its not re-inventing the wheel...40 -50 years ago that's what we all ate...tell me this ....when you go out in public average joe america there is an obesity epidemic that is spreading...and its because our food sources have changed...cows are fed corn and so are we. You right why pay 5 bucks for lbs grass feed beef when you can buy corn fed 80/20 for 2.99

Not arguing, just giving my point of view on the thread. Most of us eat chicken and do cardio besides, so chol. shouldn't be a big issue. Most bbers know your diet has to be in check, we're not the general public. If you want to spend the extra money and if you don't mind the taste then go for it. It's a discussion board, sorry if I appeared to be argumentative.

Maybe someday I can be as smart as you...

JM

Sorry bro you could offer more than just a simplistic one word blanket statement that is not true. It is more expensive, and a lot more if you buy black angus.

Not arguing, just giving my point of view on the thread. Most of us eat chicken and do cardio besides, so chol. shouldn't be a big issue. Most bbers know your diet has to be in check, we're not the general public. If you want to spend the extra money and if you don't mind the taste then go for it. It's a discussion board, sorry if I appeared to be argumentative.

your right there aren't many guys on this board or in the gyms that have cholesterol issues.

There was a Penn & Teller episode on organic food. It was funny, like their shows always are. I don't think it talked about meats and eggs but there was some stuff about veggies and fruits. Talked about nutrition content, taste, pesticide use. For example, they said organic veggies are grown using older, more dangerous pesticides. How some think organic means no pesticides when in fact everyone uses pesticides, without exception. I'm sure you could download it off the net and some excerpts are on youtube.
YouTube - ‪Penn & Teller Organic Food is Bullshit!‬‎

The fat profile of organic beef is better, but is it worth the price? It's a reasonable question, just like Shelby said in the piece I copied earlier.

I agree there is a lot of pesticides in it. Especially the stuff that comes from China (broccoli) that Walmart sells, which was in the news. I wonder how much better the meat is than 95/5 ground sirloin? The grass fed I saw was 93/7. I guess it all depends on your income and how much you want to spend.

your right there aren't many guys on this board or in the gyms that have cholesterol issues.

Not saying they don't but is it due to eating beef? Maybe if you eat fast food like Burger King. You really think that switching from 95/5 or 90/10 ground sirloin to grass fed is going to make a huge difference?

Last edited:
Not saying they don't but is it due to eating beef? Maybe if you eat fast food like Burger King. You really think that switching from 95/5 ground sirloin to grass fed is going to make a huge difference?

no I don't THINK it will make a difference...you're right.

I agree there is a lot of pesticides in it. Especially the stuff that comes from China (broccoli) that Walmart sells, which was in the news. I wonder how much better the meat is than 95/5 ground sirloin? The grass fed I saw was 93/7. I guess it all depends on your income and how much you want to spend.

You have to educate yourself.. That is the only way to make an informative decision on your own.. I will eat 85% lean.. Even 75% lean grass fed beef over 99.9999999% grain fed anyday.. Because i don't fear the fat in grass fed beef..

Read some of the great links posted in this thread.. Or in the below threads..

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...503-mountain-dog-diet-guiding-principles.html

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...reak-i-would-like-hear-your-opinion-diet.html

YouTube - ‪Penn & Teller Organic Food is Bullshit!‬‎

Hahaha, LMAO! That was some funny shit, lol:D

Not saying they don't but is it due to eating beef? Maybe if you eat fast food like Burger King. You really think that switching from 95/5 or 90/10 ground sirloin to grass fed is going to make a huge difference?

So basically you are saying Phil is full of crap. I mean look at what the title of this thread says. I and many others in this thread also had very positive experiences..so I guess we are full of crap too. You aren't debating us, you are saying we are full of crap. That is why it isn't worth it to craft a well thought out response to guys like you. It's like trying to teach calculus to a 3 year old. Is it worth it to pay a little extra to get a better cholesterol profile...are you saying it's not....are you sure I am the ignorant one here???

JM

Last edited:
You have to educate yourself.. That is the only way to make an informative decision on your own.. I will eat 85% lean.. Even 75% lean grass fed beef over 99.9999999% grain fed anyday.. Because i don't fear the fat in grass fed beef..

Read some of the great links posted in this thread.. Or in the below threads..

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...503-mountain-dog-diet-guiding-principles.html

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...reak-i-would-like-hear-your-opinion-diet.html

The grass fed I saw was 93/7 not 99.9

Ironone1, it is not so much the amount of fat that is the issue. It is whether the fat is healthy or not. This not only means omega-3 ratios, but also how much pesticide, artificial hormones, and even antibiotics are stored in that fat. So a fattier cut of beef from a clean and healthy animal is not even a big deal. It is good for you.

I believe animal fat is great stuff when from a healthy clean animal, but terrible stuff from an unhealthy animal. I mean think about it; how can you expect to have healthy gut flora if the meat you eat every day contains antibiotics? Things like this are the reason behond eating organic or grass fed. To me that is worth the extra cost.

So basically you are saying Phil is full of crap. I mean look at what the title of this thread says. I and many others in this thread also had very positive experiences..so I guess we are full of crap too. You aren't debating us, you are saying we are full of crap. That is why it isn't worth it to craft a well thought out response to guys like you. It's like trying to teach calculus to a 3 year old. Is it worth it to pay a little extra to get a better cholesterol profile...are you saying it's not....are you sure I am the ignorant one here???

JM

Not 100% sure to be honest with you. imo I don't think it would make a big difference if you already ate lean beef. I would have to do bloodwork and keep everything else the same as I did before except for switching to grass fed beef to see if it made a difference. On paper it doesn't look like there is much of a difference if you eat ground sirloin. So yeah, I do question the results....

Ironone1, it is not so much the amount of fat that is the issue. It is whether the fat is healthy or not. This not only means omega-3 ratios, but also how much pesticide, artificial hormones, and even antibiotics are stored in that fat. So a fattier cut of beef from a clean and healthy animal is not even a big deal. It is good for you.

I believe animal fat is great stuff when from a healthy clean animal, but terrible stuff from an unhealthy animal. I mean think about it; how can you expect to have healthy gut flora if the meat you eat every day contains antibiotics? Things like this are the reason behond eating organic or grass fed. To me that is worth the extra cost.

-see the clip KillerStack posted. The scientists on there say there is no evidence that shows that organic is any more nutritious or healthier for you than regular food. Limit your red meat and do cardio along with your AAS and your gtg. :D

Organic does not necessarily mean grass fed like these guys are talking about.

-see the clip KillerStack posted. The scientists on there say there is no evidence that shows that organic is any more nutritious or healthier for you than regular food. Limit your red meat and do cardio along with your AAS and your gtg. :D

Use your brain and think about it for a minute instead of blindly following scientists with ulterior motives.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131