over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

OT-Does anyone remember the 80's wrestler "The Thing"

gungalunga

Kilo Klub Member / Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I just finished reading the book "American Desperado" which was about Jon Roberts...one of the biggest cocaine kingpins in America during the 80's. He was featured in the documentary "Cocaine Cowboys".

In the book he talks about his bodyguard Bryan Carerra, who was also known as "The Thing" as a pro wrestler. I thought this paragraph might interest some of you as Jon describes Byan's EQ usage....

"Bryan was truly insane. He got addicted to horse steroids. I blame myself for this. I had my racehorse business that I started in order to launder money, and Bryan spent time in the stables with me. Back then they had a drug called Equipoise that you give to your horse to make him stronger. Equipoise was not just a steroid, it had horse testosterone in it. You would give it to a gelding- a horse with his nuts cut off- and it would give him back his male hormones. It was a heavy, oily juice that came in IV bags. You'd hang it by the horse and drip it into his veins. I came in the barn one day, and Bryan had a bag of Equipoise hooked into his arm with the needle. He juiced himself with horse testosterone and steroids every couple of weeks. "

Now that's what I call megadosing EQ....

Does anyone remember seeing "The Thing" on TV in the 80's?

Attachments

• The-Thing-Brian-Carr.jpg
    The-Thing-Brian-Carr.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 369
I love reading about those guys though. How was the book? I want to see American Made this week!!

I love reading about those guys though. How was the book? I want to see American Made this week!!

Great book. I highly recommend it. Jon Roberts actually worked with the guy Tom Cruise is playing in American Made for a little while. Roberts was involved with the mafia in NY before he moved to FLA and got in the coke biz. He was also a paratrooper in Vietnam and did some insane things over there. Ended up with a steel plate in the back of his skull when a bomb went off near him while he was sleeping in a tree. The documentary "Cocaine Cowboys" is a great watch too. Jon is interviewed in that documentary as were others that worked and did business with him.

Was IV Gear usage ever a thing?

I think this guy did IV because that's what they did to the horses. Jon said when he and Bryan would get lunch Bryan would typically eat three lunch entrees. More proof that EQ increases appetite. That and the fact of Bryan was 6'4" and a solid 300 lbs.

Brillianrlt book!!

The documentary is also great, not as good as the boom though.

American Made was pretty good.

Supposedly Walhberg and J-Lo were making a film about Griselda Blanco a few years back doesnt seem as though anything has come of it.

In the late 90s I bought quite a bit of EQ from Brazil and want to say it was only 50 mg/ml. That is probably what they gave the horses, what I had was actual vet stuff. You do wonder how much he was using though! Just looked up one of the brands I used and it was Ganabol 50, 50mg/ml.

I remember watching him on tv. I thought he was pretty cool. I think he might have been on Georgia Championship wrestling. Mr Fuji was on there too, he was a manager. My dad and I had a lot of fun watching those shows. Saw a couple of nights live in our area too.

Last edited:
Im calling BS on IV use of oil based steroids. Also EQ is NOT horse testosterone.

This is some cool stuff. Thank you for sharing. Back then it was the wild west when it came to these drugs, no widespread information, guys just winging it more than half the time.

Im calling BS on IV use of oil based steroids. Also EQ is NOT horse testosterone.

He might not have known how Bryan was actually administering it; most folks think steroids are like shooting heroin.

That was Jon Roberts description. He knew nothing about steroids. Read the book....

Race Horses and drugs

I wouldn't doubt that he used IV bags. This video shows what goes on these days.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TJVA2lwW4A"]Horse Racing Exposed: Drugs and Death - YouTube[/ame]

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131