over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pet Peeves In The Gym

I feel like im gonna come off as such a douche. BUT...my pet peeve is when intermediate lifts THINK and ACT like they are advanced. You will neeeevvver see this from newbies. They are already insecure and just trying to learn. But weirdly, the intermediate dudes realllly believe they are superior. For instance, the fake lat flair syndrom, ONLY done by intermediate dudes.
Like guys who workout, but don't quiiiite have the "oh shit that guys works out" look that most of us have. They want it sooo bad that they try so hard. They wear stringer when they DEFINITELY shouldn't wear stringers. Honestly, unless you are sub 10% and above 220, don't wear stringers lol

There are 2-3 40 something dudes at my gym that are like this. Intermediate lifters. 1 old guy has ok arms. Another has decent shoulders. Definitely looking for compliments. And I'm at the cable machine doing cuffed cable side raises. I hear a newbie young guy walk over to them and start talking to them about their diet. And juuuust listening to the "oh, I'm pretty hardcore... i do macros" and the insane bullshit that comes out of their mouth is laughable. I don't make a face or say a word, just keep lifting. But I'm eye-rolling the fuck out of them.

Like fuckin read the room dude. Even myself, I'm a big 1%....but i used to lift at Gold's and other big gyms. I did a back workout with Breon like 2 months ago. And around him, the fuckin 0.0001 %, i keep my mouth shut and just do what he's doing. I realize I'm out done and he's got me. I'm a realist. Seeing the REAL 0.0001% is a humbling experience and these guys never get it. I remember being in gold's and seeing Sergio get his shoulder/tri workout in...my GOD. I look like a child next to him haha

Most everyone feels tiny next to that dude!

I feel like im gonna come off as such a douche. BUT...my pet peeve is when intermediate lifts THINK and ACT like they are advanced. You will neeeevvver see this from newbies. They are already insecure and just trying to learn. But weirdly, the intermediate dudes realllly believe they are superior. For instance, the fake lat flair syndrom, ONLY done by intermediate dudes.
Like guys who workout, but don't quiiiite have the "oh shit that guys works out" look that most of us have. They want it sooo bad that they try so hard. They wear stringer when they DEFINITELY shouldn't wear stringers. Honestly, unless you are sub 10% and above 220, don't wear stringers lol

There are 2-3 40 something dudes at my gym that are like this. Intermediate lifters. 1 old guy has ok arms. Another has decent shoulders. Definitely looking for compliments. And I'm at the cable machine doing cuffed cable side raises. I hear a newbie young guy walk over to them and start talking to them about their diet. And juuuust listening to the "oh, I'm pretty hardcore... i do macros" and the insane bullshit that comes out of their mouth is laughable. I don't make a face or say a word, just keep lifting. But I'm eye-rolling the fuck out of them.

Like fuckin read the room dude. Even myself, I'm a big 1%....but i used to lift at Gold's and other big gyms. I did a back workout with Breon like 2 months ago. And around him, the fuckin 0.0001 %, i keep my mouth shut and just do what he's doing. I realize I'm out done and he's got me. I'm a realist. Seeing the REAL 0.0001% is a humbling experience and these guys never get it. I remember being in gold's and seeing Sergio get his shoulder/tri workout in...my GOD. I look like a child next to him haha

After decades of being in the gym not much really bothers me much as getting pissed off isn't going to do me any good. But when some guy thinks circuit training with a few machines, especially slowly is OK because they are his! But once I walk over and plop down he knows things have changed.

i just hate modern gyms period. they smell musty and sweaty, and the equipment is always sub par. no ventilation. my place now opens the garage doors in the back, its amazing,
my insurance has silver sneakers, so i get a free membership to the big chains, i chose a golds because it was close by. theres a planet fitness and LA fitness nearby too.
but ill tell you, now i am paying $180 for 3 months, out of pocket to be in a really better gym with amazing equipment. old machines and big dumbells.
too many women also in those chains, for me, but i will say my niche gym has better looking women than the chain. quality.
1611382307853.png

When someone does snatches with like 10 pound bumper plates aside And just throws the weight from the top portion. But they’re doing like 20 sets so it never ends

Seems like a lot of girls are selfie Queens anymore in the gym. Go to Instagram, they all think they are all coaches or celebraties. 🙄 The worse is now guys are doing it. 😒

I see all these things all u guys are sayin it’s sickening-I also see lots of trainers that look like they never touched a weight / I don’t see how these people getting trained by them don’t see this / it’s hysterical when they count out the reps too / even when boyfriend girlfriend workout tgether !

I see all these things all u guys are sayin it’s sickening-I also see lots of trainers that look like they never touched a weight / I don’t see how these people getting trained by them don’t see this / it’s hysterical when they count out the reps too / even when boyfriend girlfriend workout tgether !
Absolutely the trainers that look like they never lifted a weight in there life...

There's a guy at my gym that as soon as you get to a machine or rack or whatever he'll come up to you like you've been there for an hour and hit you with "You still using this?"
"...yeah man, still using this machine I've been or for the last 45 seconds."

Might not sound that bad, but it's to the point that it's become sort of an inside joke with a few of us regulars there, if he's not there we'll go up to one another as soon as they set up and say it as a joke. He does it THAT OFTEN.

it has to be entitled people who leave weights on the bar or machine and casually walk away after their sets or when confronted they say, "oh i forgot to put it back". Bullfuckingshit you did you entitled dipshit. Yes, i find it offensive even though i shouldn't. Even though it's a nice big "fuck you" to everyone i'm still part of "everyone". Growing up i didn't see this in my local gym. Maybe i didn't notice but i'm pretty sure almost everyone, even the asshole tough guys put their weights back.

I worked out in one semi-famous gym, very hardcore. It had a very grumpy owner and he would get on the PA and continue to call out whoever left weight on a machine or bench. He wouldn't stop either until someone put it back where it belonged. Never cared for the guy but more power to him! Gyms should enforce their own rules and policies.

Even there's nothing special about Planet Fitness and most of their equipment is crap, I will say that it is nice that assholes have limited chances to leave messes around because PF mostly has machines in their gyms and consequently, rarely do i see dumbbells laying around or plates sitting on machines or bars there.

I dunno...there's just something about the type of person who loads up a leg press with a bunch of plates, does their sets, and then walks away. And believe it or not, me and another guy almost came to blows over this once.

Absolutely the trainers that look like they never lifted a weight in there life...

The worst are the Kinesiology majors. UMD is well known in that department and has tons of graduates who tell everybody that they don't know what they are doing. These trainers then make lifting so complicated that they often just stop working out themselves, lol.

Fat asses who think they're strong

There's this fat, loud, attention whore piece of shit at ours. This dude came up to me while I'm doing shrugs and said, "dang, you almost do as much as me!" You're fuckin 350 lbs, I should hope you're stronger than me, you fat cunt

Fat asses who think they're strong

There's this fat, loud, attention whore piece of shit at ours. This dude came up to me while I'm doing shrugs and said, "dang, you almost do as much as me!" You're fuckin 350 lbs, I should hope you're stronger than me, you fat cunt
Damn...props to you. What did he say when you told him he was a fat cunt?

MS

Anyone who’s playing on the phone while sitting hogging up a machine. I literally saw this guy do that and I had knocked out a complete 4 sets and this dude was still looking at his phone before he even started back. It was obvious he wasn’t there to workout because he looked like he never stepped in the gym a day in his life. It actually passed me off because I was wanting to use that specific one but I held my tongue and moved on.

Recently, its these over 55 fk faces, ( im 52) but they strut around, hog machines, thinking they are bad asses.. lmao I look 35 but these dudes are fkn clowns. Ret LE, etc whatever. Its a fkn joke. Just be a nice dude. They could not carry my boots Honestly but they boss around gym ( powerhouse ) all bs

I love all the guys claiming to be 40 or 50 but saying they look like they are 30...lol. We have a bunch of woman on here....I am kidding but come on guys, you sound like these woman who say 45 is the new 25.

I love all the guys claiming to be 40 or 50 but saying they look like they are 30...lol. We have a bunch of woman on here....I am kidding but come on guys, you sound like these woman who say 45 is the new 25.

It might be harder to keep the face looking young, but I seen plenty of 50 years in better shape then most half their age. You keep looking younger by healthy food choices all year round too. This is what contributes me looking years younger in the face. I can also keep up with the best of them in the gym. Since a picture is worth a thousand words, here is a recent picture of me. Click picture for a better view. Trust me, the waist is flat as a pancake. I will be 61 end of February.

Attachments

• IMG_20210104_182149_350~3.jpg
    IMG_20210104_182149_350~3.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members