over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Phil Hernon's Training Routine

npcnj8

Newbies
Over at muscle mayhem there was a thread about Phil's 3 set per bodypart training system. Does anybody have any info on it? I already did a search but didn't find that much. Thanks

training

He laid it out in an old thread, but it still wasn't completely clear how he goes about it. With a LITTLE ENCOURAGEMENT maybe we can get him to post it again but with his actual exercises and poundages used.......just for a 2 day run

Phil, please ol' please!!!!!! With a pump on top!

|--[\\\]>-------- I worked out with him b4...dont' bother, all he does is talk...doesn't train to hard! LOL! J/K!

Re: Reply

bigbadasian said:
|--[\\\]>-------- I worked out with him b4...dont' bother, all he does is talk...doesn't train to hard! LOL! J/K!

Could you give a brief description then BBA. I have the basics, just want to know if Im doing it right!

|--[\\\]>-------- Well, if i can remember correctly, back and chest is what he did, i only did chest. He would do 1 set of chest, then a set of back...he would do plenty of warm-up sets, then one set all out until failure. What really surprised me was that he only did like 2 or 3 exercises for each bodypart...actually 2 if i remember correctly. The man just responds and grows just in the presence of the gym air! LOL!

PHIL....YOU'D BETTER POST IT AGAIN!!

THE BROTHERS ARE HAILING THE MASS MONSTER FOR A LITTLE ENLIGHTENMENT! :D

Well, this really sucks

A few months ago, I would have had no problem telling you my routine on here. I am training a few guys on here for pro, national and state level shows. The quandry I am in is that these guys paid me for this and if I tell it on here, it would be very disrespectfull to these guys. I hope you guys understand, I know this sucks big time. Let me just say this about the 3 set routine. Things are not always as they appear, and this is really more of a process of growing and a small peice of the puzzle as opposed to the number of sets one does.

PHIL,

I totally respect your choice not to share at this time...you are right, the guys would feel that they got screwed...pay you for something you would give for free...

A TRUE PROFESSIONAL...not too many of those around

Re: Well, this really sucks

PHIL HERNON said:
A few months ago, I would have had no problem telling you my routine on here. I am training a few guys on here for pro, national and state level shows. The quandry I am in is that these guys paid me for this and if I tell it on here, it would be very disrespectfull to these guys. I hope you guys understand, I know this sucks big time. Let me just say this about the 3 set routine. Things are not always as they appear, and this is really more of a process of growing and a small peice of the puzzle as opposed to the number of sets one does.
I'm glad that you're in a position where you can help others bro!

I think everyone can respect your decision to not post info when you're in the business

xcel

hey phil,

must say i totally respect that. i would be PISSED if i just paid some hard earned cash for training, etc. and then the dude posted it for free. however i didnt just pay so its ok go ahead and post it. LOL

Later,

Todd

There was a storytime with Lats that outlined a similar training routine, I started that and am still growing with it, this was more than a year ago, I recall it was close to what Phil recomends but either one is worth looking into to change the way you think about training now.

undertraining

we all know it is way better to do less than to much remember this I work out 25-35 minutes per workout not including warming up and I am by far the biggest guy around my area and my friend s joke about how little I do last monday did 505 on bench easy!at 39 I wish I knew what I know now undertrain................And yes I am on but not 2 grms of test a week!!!!!

There isn't another workout that's better

I've had the pleasure of training with Phil for the better half of two years. Even now that we are on diferent schedules and we don't see each other as often I still train using his principles and his advise. He has never steered anyone wrong and his "3 set workouts" as you describe them are amazing. When Phil and I train legs we only do 3 sets of squats (followed by some calves or abs) but that's it. There have been times when we have warmed up for 20 minutes and then squated 3 sets and were out of there 8 minutes later. My legs have responded tremendously especially for me who isn't blessed with the best leg genetics. From the time I started training with him until now my squat has gone from 225 to 450 and at times when I was using test for a few weeks it was up well past 500. His training style relys strictly upon rest. Lift heavy and hard, rest and eat... do it again tomorrow.

-Bryan

LEX said:
There was a storytime with Lats that outlined a similar training routine, I started that and am still growing with it, this was more than a year ago, I recall it was close to what Phil recomends but either one is worth looking into to change the way you think about training now.
I came across that thread when doing a search. Great post by LATS. I started doing the routine today so will see how it goes. I saved the thread into a word doc. If anybody is interested I will post it here.

"when I was using test for a few weeks "

INTERESTING DIDNT KNOW SOME GUYS GO ONE FOR A FEW WEEKS . DO YOU DO IT FOR ENERGY LEVEL PICKUP ??? I MIGHT TRY IT IF MY LEVELS GET TO LOW ... DOES IT GIVE THAT BOOST ???

one thing i think is the most important part of the equation is the hitting body part more often.. on the routine you are hitting the bodypart two to three times a week.. this makes a huge difference..OVERLOAD AND FREQUENCY.. to hit that bodypart with three sets than wait a week to do it again is missing the point..i wholeheartedly recommend that you pay a little cash phil's way and get a full blown routine.. trust me.. he does not charge much and it is worth the money.....

are all 3 sets High Intensity?

|--[\\\]>------- Lats, could you pls outline your workout routine at this point? M-chest, tues-legs, ect?

day 1 chest back delts, tris...day 2 bis legs calves abs..day three rest day 4 repeat day 1 with different exercises and so on..:D

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear