over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Phil Hernon's Training Routine

where does diet fall into al of this? after reading gavin kanes hard core bulking over and over again ive been making my best gains by what some would say is gross over eating, i have days where ill go to mc donalds and put down a couple of big macs fries and a shake, and at work im eating tons of steak with pasta and veg in cream and cheese sauces and just pretty much everything i can get my hands on. its verry hard for me to put on any weight so im trying to stick with calorie dense foods and lots of them. since the last pic i posted my bodyfat has come down quite a bit and im not sure what ot attribute this to. if i follow a split like this- wed- back, chest, shoulders, thurs- legs, arms, abs, fri off, sat repeat, mon and tues off wed, repeat but with different exercises from week 1 and 3 sets per body part all to failure is my diet at around 6500 cals too much or too little?

HUH?

where does diet fall into al of this? after reading gavin kanes hard core bulking over and over again ive been making my best gains by what some would say is gross over eating, i have days where ill go to mc donalds and put down a couple of big macs fries and a shake, and at work im eating tons of steak with pasta and veg in cream and cheese sauces and just pretty much everything i can get my hands on. its verry hard for me to put on any weight so im trying to stick with calorie dense foods and lots of them. since the last pic i posted my bodyfat has come down quite a bit and im not sure what ot attribute this to. if i follow a split like this- wed- back, chest, shoulders, thurs- legs, arms, abs, fri off, sat repeat, mon and tues off wed, repeat but with different exercises from week 1 and 3 sets per body part all to failure is my diet at around 6500 cals too much or too little?

EVER SEE THE FILM "SUPERSIZE ME" ? DO YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR OUTSIDES ONLY? HOW OLD ARE YOU? IS IT ALL ABOUT GET AS BIG AS POSSIBLE AS FAST AS POSSIBLE? CURIOUS............

do you have kids? after hearing "i want mcdonalds" 5 times a day. the thought of a double quarter pounder makes my gag reflex kick in.

EVER SEE THE FILM "SUPERSIZE ME" ? DO YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR OUTSIDES ONLY? HOW OLD ARE YOU? IS IT ALL ABOUT GET AS BIG AS POSSIBLE AS FAST AS POSSIBLE? CURIOUS............
Phil to the rescue.....Hi buddy how you doing old man...LOL

im 28 ofcourse i care about my insides but it seems to be the only way i put on weight is to over eat, i dont do mc donalds every day or anything likethat its more like once a week. the food im eating at work is all fresh yes i do eat alot of heavy sauces but its not like theyre loaded with butter, just a lot of cheese. if i had the money id hire you but trust me right now im pretty strapped. its pretty hard with my lifestyle too baing up until 4 in the morning at work and eating every meal standing up(the restaurant is really busy) im probably buring so many calories at work its making my gains verry verry slow.

Diet

im 28 ofcourse i care about my insides but it seems to be the only way i put on weight is to over eat, i dont do mc donalds every day or anything likethat its more like once a week. the food im eating at work is all fresh yes i do eat alot of heavy sauces but its not like theyre loaded with butter, just a lot of cheese. if i had the money id hire you but trust me right now im pretty strapped. its pretty hard with my lifestyle too baing up until 4 in the morning at work and eating every meal standing up(the restaurant is really busy) im probably buring so many calories at work its making my gains verry verry slow.

Tell me the difference of what I BOLDED above. IMO.........thats crazy .........your decision, I have said enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkav1980

Tell me the difference of what I BOLDED above. IMO.........thats crazy .........your decision, I have said enough

(i never post...im a lurker)...i wanted to defend tkav here becasue i know what it feels like to be a hard gainer. it wasnt untill i started eating 6k to 8k calories per day that i changed my body (drastically). i got fat, felt like shit, and had high blood pressure. BUT! i did gain 30lbs and once i started to diet down, i had a solid 15lb gain.

now that im older and my metabolism has slowed down, i dont have to eat so much so often. but i know the feeling of "having" to gain weight 'no matter what'.

these posts confuse me.

you can eat above maintenance by consuming healthier foods... add walnuts, almonds, olive oil, yams etc. if you plan it, it is actually cheaper than eating fast food.

Seroiusly

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkav1980

(i never post...im a lurker)...i wanted to defend tkav here becasue i know what it feels like to be a hard gainer. it wasnt untill i started eating 6k to 8k calories per day that i changed my body (drastically). i got fat, felt like shit, and had high blood pressure. BUT! i did gain 30lbs and once i started to diet down, i had a solid 15lb gain.

now that im older and my metabolism has slowed down, i dont have to eat so much so often. but i know the feeling of "having" to gain weight 'no matter what'.

This is a joke right???

Over at muscle mayhem there was a thread about Phil's 3 set per bodypart training system. Does anybody have any info on it? I already did a search but didn't find that much. Thanks

I have no info on it but 3 sets/part sounds right to me. I would only go to 4 if its an exercise your body really responds well too. I know for me there are certain exercises I can just do with perfect form and precision reaching failure ever time cleanly. These are the only exercises I will do 4 sets on.

This is a joke right???

:p I think its not a joke, but I'm right with you phil on the "eat when you're hungry, yet make your self hungry theory" The Micheal Phelps diet has no place in bbing.

Quote:

now whats healthy about fealing like shit, being fat and having high blood pressure? :rolleyes:
What Phil is trying to say is that there is a healthy way of doing this. you allready put a strain on yourself by AAS and hard training.
Ok you gained some pounds, how do you think your body will look on the inside? And is that worth the 15 pounds.........
And you can gain pounds while being a hardgainer with healthy foods also, it just takes more effort and money.

Loser,
Im bummed. I didnt know that I had to eat for a heart-attack in order to gain mass. :rolleyes: All those meals I missed with my grandma at IHOP. Give me a corndog, its time to make some gains.

I guess iv been doing things wromg. I get alot of compliments on my progress year to year, but i guess its just an illusion. Christ what makes ME grow best is eating when im hungry (il even WAIT post workout until im hungry) as i feel the body is more receptive to nutrients when its TELLING you it wants them, and eating clean food. Actually...i grow best precontest on 2500 calories (i rarely drop a single 1lb and have stepped on stage heavier than when i started my diet on numerous occasions)...just all clean food..timed properly...used when needed...sources considered(digestion speed, macro content) to accomplish what i need at that time of day...somebody tell me what im doing wrong

This is a joke right???

absolutely not!

here is a link to a body dismorphia Q&A but it says nothing about gaining weight.
http://www.btinternet.com/~david.veale/bddinfo.html

basically its body dismorphia mixed with OCD. i dont, and will NEVER, eat like that EVER again in my life! i had to find out for myself what my body was capable of...in that department. now that im older, i gain weight just fine on 2-3k calories per day.

now whats healthy about fealing like shit, being fat and having high blood pressure? :rolleyes:
What Phil is trying to say is that there is a healthy way of doing this. you allready put a strain on yourself by AAS and hard training.
Ok you gained some pounds, how do you think your body will look on the inside? And is that worth the 15 pounds.........
And you can gain pounds while being a hardgainer with healthy foods also, it just takes more effort and money.

totally 100% agree. except for the money part. it doesnt take a bunch of money to be big.

WEll, I am loving Phils program, i am getting leaner and feeling better by the day...11 weeks to go to the show...

Yeah...cheese... I dont touch the stuff. And through the years Ive bulked from the 130's to the 220's. Eat big but eat CLEAN.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131