over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Question for Mens Physique Competitors, coaches and Judges

You are bad...keep up the good work. :D

I was out of the sport for many years (still lifted) and when I came back and saw MP I thought "what a bunch of girly men pansies...."

However, I have become more tolerant. I am even prepping a quy for a MP show. Had another but he went to jail. This kid has pro genetics, gained 25 lbs on his first test only cycle.

The problem was his legs. They not only had the stereotypical African American challenge (no calves) but he had huge cankles, weak hams, no thigh sweep.

The other kid I am prepping does not have good genetics overall. I will bring him in conditioned that should cover flaws.

This kid is a regional manager of personal trainers for a huge chain, and a MP title will help him earn more money.

He trains hard, disciplines his diet and gear use and should do well.

I still give him sh&t, ask him how his mangina is doing. I send him this clip every now and then: Old Gregg Full Version

So what part of him have "pro genetics"?

You say he has "pro genetics" but his legs suck and are nonexistent. Not quite sure anyone would follow that?

You are bad...keep up the good work. :D

I was out of the sport for many years (still lifted) and when I came back and saw MP I thought "what a bunch of girly men pansies...."

However, I have become more tolerant. I am even prepping a quy for a MP show. Had another but he went to jail. This kid has pro genetics, gained 25 lbs on his first test only cycle.

The problem was his legs. They not only had the stereotypical African American challenge (no calves) but he had huge cankles, weak hams, no thigh sweep.

The other kid I am prepping does not have good genetics overall. I will bring him in conditioned that should cover flaws.

This kid is a regional manager of personal trainers for a huge chain, and a MP title will help him earn more money.

He trains hard, disciplines his diet and gear use and should do well.

I still give him sh&t, ask him how his mangina is doing. I send him this clip every now and then: Old Gregg Full Version

So his legs sucked and he gained the same amount as everyone else the first time they ever did AAS?
What part of that is pro genetics?

I'm older and compete in MPD with a shaved head. It's becoming more common especially in the 35+ 45+ classes. I asked if it effects the judges and was told by one that if your good looking it doesn't matter. If you've been beat by the ugly stick hair style is the least of your worries.

As for the make up it's not just in Europe. I was at one of John Lyndsay's "workshops" for bikini and MPD. He had a IFBB physique pro (forget his name) talking about using blush on his cheekbones.

Steve,

I think you should compete.
It sounds like you need "a goal" to re-motivate you.

Regardless of all the hate MPD takes, the competitors still have to get
their BF levels very low, have good shape and good muscularity.

I've judged several competitors who shave their head.
It's very common these days. Plus you will look younger if it's
shaved as opposed to thinning.

The poses are pre-determined so no worries on that and I have
never seen any MPD dudes wearing makeup.

A shaved head will not be viewed as distracting.
A beard will, even at a local NPC show.

Good luck and remember......it's all about doing the best with what you have.

-MT

So a beard will mark you down in mens BB at local and national shows? Goatees even?

Its funny when people make fun of Male physique. A lot of the physique guys would beat the haters in any bodybuilding show.

Look as gay as possible. What does that even mean? People are so uneducated and close minded its so sad.

Has anyone looked at big shows? The physique guys out condition every bodybuilder.
This is hilarious. I actually choked on my food when I read this. Are you delusional? In what show regardless of how large or small are Men's Physique out conditioning bodybuilders??
If you want to look like a normal beach body and prance around a bodybuilding stage in board shorts... fine. You paid the entry fee, but don't for a second compare that to bodybuilding. It's just ridiculous...

Hi Red,

It's not that cut and dry.

I'd say a beard like Jason Huh had would not be desirable because it detracts
from the physique.

I think a neatly trimmed beard or goatee is fine.

Think of it this way.
When any class is first called out, let's say 10 guys, there is an immediate
impression that is made in the judges eyes.

Everything matters. The top five guys are quickly determined.
So I think what I'm trying to say is to look your best, good color, proper
trunks, grooming, etc.

All the things that you can control.......control.
Looks we have no control over.
So no one loses points based on that, especially in BBing.

-MT

So a beard will mark you down in mens BB at local and national shows? Goatees even?

Its funny when people make fun of Male physique. A lot of the physique guys would beat the haters in any bodybuilding show.

Look as gay as possible. What does that even mean? People are so uneducated and close minded its so sad.

Has anyone looked at big shows? The physique guys out condition every bodybuilder.

They shouldn't be that is not the criteria.......the idea was to award fit male model looking contestants who could be on the cover of a magazine.

Judging Criteria: Men's Physique Division
Muscularity and Body Condition
Judges will be looking for fit contestants who display proper shape and symmetry combined with muscularity and overall condition. This is not a bodybuilding contest so extreme muscularity should be marked down.
Stage Presence and Personality
Contestants will be asked to walk in board shorts (shorts must be just above the knee in length and can be one inch below the belly button, no spandex and no logos are permitted on the board shorts however a manufacturer’s logo such as Nike symbol or Billabongs are acceptable.)
Competitors will enter the stage without a shirt and barefoot.
No lewd acts allowed for example the moon pose.
Judges are looking for the contestant with the best stage presence and poise who can successfully convey his personality to the audience.

They shouldn't be that is not the criteria.......the idea was to award fit male model looking contestants who could be on the cover of a magazine.

Judging Criteria: Men's Physique Division
Muscularity and Body Condition
Judges will be looking for fit contestants who display proper shape and symmetry combined with muscularity and overall condition. This is not a bodybuilding contest so extreme muscularity should be marked down.
Stage Presence and Personality
Contestants will be asked to walk in board shorts (shorts must be just above the knee in length and can be one inch below the belly button, no spandex and no logos are permitted on the board shorts however a manufacturer’s logo such as Nike symbol or Billabongs are acceptable.)
Competitors will enter the stage without a shirt and barefoot.
No lewd acts allowed for example the moon pose.
Judges are looking for the contestant with the best stage presence and poise who can successfully convey his personality to the audience.

when did the criteria ever matter? it's all over the place...

seriously though, MP guys conditioning is not on the same level as BB unless you have only ever been to some small local shows.

what's a "moon pose"
and i always get jealous of the mp guys, cuz they all have awesome hair.
i have the george costanza thing goin on and i hate it.

when did the criteria ever matter? it's all over the place...

seriously though, MP guys conditioning is not on the same level as BB unless you have only ever been to some small local shows.

Of course not.....marathon runners have low bodyfat % they don't look like mens physique guys just like men's physique guys don't look like bodybuilders

what's a "moon pose"
and i always get jealous of the mp guys, cuz they all have awesome hair.
i have the george costanza thing goin on and i hate it.

bending over to show your glute hamstring tie in.......it became a problem when women starting doing it. lol

The man who just won masters in my past competition was buzzed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member