over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Reason #89743658943 why you should be doing HIIT

My only issue with HIIT is that it taps into your CNS recovery when you're already training and pushing up weights progressively.

If you're a logbook person; chances are, every blast your CNS is getting pounded. HIIT will drive you into the ground.

Now someone with a different training style or more ironclad CNS would benefit more from doing HIiT than boring steady state cardio.

My only issue with HIIT is that it taps into your CNS recovery when you're already training and pushing up weights progressively.

If you're a logbook person; chances are, every blast your CNS is getting pounded. HIIT will drive you into the ground.

Now someone with a different training style or more ironclad CNS would benefit more from doing HIiT than boring steady state cardio.
Yeah...when I'm hitting the weights really hard....I don't do any cardio and add rest days when I feel like my body needs them.

But the system I'm running also includes deload periods where I cut way back....and it's like a week of active recovery.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Pretty amazing

http://ergo-log.com/interval-training-versus-worst-imaginable-diet.html

Daily half hour of interval training cancels out the negative health effects of the worst imaginable diet

In 2004 filmmaker Morgan Spurlock showed in his documentary Supersize Me [Wikipedia] what happens to your body if you eat nothing but McDonald's products for a whole month. He gained 13 kg and his cardiovascular health, his liver function and insulin balance deteriorated. All of these disastrous effects would probably not have happened if Spurlock had trained intensively every day that the experiment lasted.

Study

Canadian sports scientists at the University of Quebec in Montreal got 15 healthy men aged 18-30 to eat nothing but junk food for two weeks.

The participants "had to consume an extra value meal of their choice for breakfast, lunch and dinner. All meals for lunch and dinner consisted of a sandwich (e.g., Big Mac, McChicken, or Quarter Pounder with Cheese), medium fries and a non-diet medium soft drink. As for breakfast, it consisted of a sandwich (e.g., Egg McMuffin, or Sausage McMuffin), hash browns and a small fruit drink or coffee. In addition, participants had the option to consume a muffin of their choice as a snack depending on their appetite."

Ugh.

The table below gives you an idea of the quality of their diet.

In addition, the men did a half-hour interval training session on a treadmill every day. This consisted of 15 sprints lasting 1 minute each, where the men ran at 90 percent of their VO2max. Between the sprints the men walked for a minute to recover.

The researchers examined the participants before the 14-week experiment started and at the end.

Results

Thanks to the interval training the junk food diet had no negative effects on the health of the participants. Nearly all the variables that were measured remained the same.

Most noticeable was the decrease in the HDL level, although the amount of the decrease was not alarming, and this was offset by a decrease in the fasting glucose level.

Conclusion

"In summary, high intensity interval training seems to protect, in large part, the cardiometabolic profile against the potential negative effects of a fast food diet in young healthy men," the Canadians wrote. "Therefore, these findings contradict the popular belief of the general population."

"Indeed, our results may be useful for clinical and practical purposes. It is important to educate health care professionals and athletes/coaches regarding the potential protective effects of high intensity interval training against a fast food diet."

"Nevertheless, these findings should be considered preliminary, but they may stimulate interest for additional research on the impact of a fast food diet in combination with high intensity interval training on metabolic diseases in different populations."

Sponsor
The study was funded by the University of Montreal.

Source:
Nutrients. 2017 Aug 26;9(9).

wasn't HIIT supposed to raise HDL??

It can still be done. Just have to find the optimal routine where it won’t overtrain you.

Lmfao @ everyone who has an excuse to not do HIIT...

Oh it hurts your recovery, what about Your CNS?! OMG how will it get stronger if I’m tired all the time?!

Oh, by not being a bitch, that’s how...

You think NFL players don’t train 99% harder than most of this board? They’re life is HIIT...

Actually scrap that because some quack on here is going to come up with some bullshit excuse about genetics... Yea I get it, no one here is in the NFL or going there, but another perfect example is, look at ALL the athletes that DONT make it to NFL, NHL, UFC, NBA, Pro Boxing etc etc....

ALL majority train HIIT with some of those sports needing a bit more stamina than others...

So, guarantee ALL those amateur athletes who you can’t use the “elite genetic” excuse with train 99% harder than most on this board... I can name probably 15-20 that I know personally and all look amazing and for the most part maintain pretty good health and in regards to the study I can believe it because some of these guys drink like animals and eat like them too but train so fucking hard I can see it being all used up.. (sure they’re not all 300lbs of muscle but Who gives a fuck? The point is to be fit for some people, not a freak show)

None of you guys are going to Mr.O even in your wildest fucking dreams... Or let me say, probably one of you in the next 50 years... Maybe...

So what’s all the excuses for?

Stop being a bitch, do some REAL HIIT and watch at how surprised you’ll be at how much better you feel and how much faster your results will come..

I’ve gotten in better shape on TRT before my blast in 2 months, losing what you’d think is about 17-19lbs of fat but probably fat and water (I say this because the weights went up in the gym the entire time yet I lost almost 20lbs) because of HIIT than I did doing old fashioned OLD PEOPLE cardio and a “diet” for 12+ weeks.... Oh that’s right, no diet for the 2 months either, as in not junk all the time but only count protein, everything else can land where it wants.

I used to do crazy amounts of HIIT when I was younger and I remember I was literally able to eat anything I wanted (not saying to do this or use an excuse but from a kid to about 20-21 I was pretty ignorant about diet but was doing a lot of training/mma stuff) and NEVER LOSE MY ABS... Then I followed the other route I have no idea why, being fucking lazy, and then thought to myself “Oh, metabolism really does slow down as we get older” and “Yea I actually have to watch what I eat and really diet to get ripped now” etc etc...

No.... Again... Got off my lazy ass, pushed myself to REAL HIIT levels and I impressed myself, I HIGHLY recommend the change for anyone...

Lmfao @ everyone who has an excuse to not do HIIT...

Oh it hurts your recovery, what about Your CNS?! OMG how will it get stronger if I’m tired all the time?!

Oh, by not being a bitch, that’s how...

You think NFL players don’t train 99% harder than most of this board? They’re life is HIIT...

Actually scrap that because some quack on here is going to come up with some bullshit excuse about genetics... Yea I get it, no one here is in the NFL or going there, but another perfect example is, look at ALL the athletes that DONT make it to NFL, NHL, UFC, NBA, Pro Boxing etc etc....

ALL majority train HIIT with some of those sports needing a bit more stamina than others...

So, guarantee ALL those amateur athletes who you can’t use the “elite genetic” excuse with train 99% harder than most on this board... I can name probably 15-20 that I know personally and all look amazing and for the most part maintain pretty good health and in regards to the study I can believe it because some of these guys drink like animals and eat like them too but train so fucking hard I can see it being all used up.. (sure they’re not all 300lbs of muscle but Who gives a fuck? The point is to be fit for some people, not a freak show)

None of you guys are going to Mr.O even in your wildest fucking dreams... Or let me say, probably one of you in the next 50 years... Maybe...

So what’s all the excuses for?

Stop being a bitch, do some REAL HIIT and watch at how surprised you’ll be at how much better you feel and how much faster your results will come..

I’ve gotten in better shape on TRT before my blast in 2 months, losing what you’d think is about 17-19lbs of fat but probably fat and water (I say this because the weights went up in the gym the entire time yet I lost almost 20lbs) because of HIIT than I did doing old fashioned OLD PEOPLE cardio and a “diet” for 12+ weeks.... Oh that’s right, no diet for the 2 months either, as in not junk all the time but only count protein, everything else can land where it wants.

I used to do crazy amounts of HIIT when I was younger and I remember I was literally able to eat anything I wanted (not saying to do this or use an excuse but from a kid to about 20-21 I was pretty ignorant about diet but was doing a lot of training/mma stuff) and NEVER LOSE MY ABS... Then I followed the other route I have no idea why, being fucking lazy, and then thought to myself “Oh, metabolism really does slow down as we get older” and “Yea I actually have to watch what I eat and really diet to get ripped now” etc etc...

No.... Again... Got off my lazy ass, pushed myself to REAL HIIT levels and I impressed myself, I HIGHLY recommend the change for anyone...
Yeah bro totally.

Reason I don't have arms like Arnold are probably because of my bitch volume.

Bitch doses too...I gotta up the juice.

Who needs sleep, it's for bitches. Real men sleep 5 hours.

I'll get back to you when I change my bitch approach to things. Who cares what years of trial and error and seeing how ones body reacts to these things mean. I mean we're all designed the same way at the end of the day right?

[emoji41]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

HITT is a fast increase of hr followed by decrease in hr,repeat,etc.. so how isn’t the traditional lifting routine of say 8-12 reps followed by a 60-90 sec break with deep breathing like Hitt? After a set of 8-12 depending on the exercise my hr can be maybe 150’s and then few min later maybe back down to 120’s or so. So how would that be any diff than say stairclimber for 1min with HR at 150 followed by a pause for 2min to let it return to say 120 and then repeat,etc.?

Last edited:
Yeah bro totally.

I'll get back to you when I change my bitch approach to things. Who cares what years of trial and error and seeing how ones body reacts to these things mean. I mean we're all designed the same way at the end of the day right?

[emoji41]

This study aside, there is overwhelming scientific evidence that HIIT is far and away the superior form of cardio, and it's not even close really. If you play around on google, you will see what I mean. He isn't saying you'll grow more from it (although there are studies that say you could), he is just saying it's best for overall fitness and health. Personally, I can't dismiss all the facts based on how heavily researched it is. I will say that I haven't seen any studies on people who also train like bodybuilders but I don't think it matters all that much to be honest. Maybe it makes sense to avoid cardio in general when trying to build all out mass, but that is debatable. I get that a lot of people don't want to do it because it's difficult, but it also saves a lot of time and is less impactful on losing muscle.

Guys...... Reading comprehension 101. Come on

HIIT = High intensity INTERVAL training
HIT = High intensity training

I use 20 rep supersets all the time to make “cardio” less boring BUT aside from high rep squatting that leaves you out of commission for 5 minutes chances are you’re not gonna get you’re HR past 180 BPM like real HIIT “sprints” do

This study aside, there is overwhelming scientific evidence that HIIT is far and away the superior form of cardio, and it's not even close really. If you play around on google, you will see what I mean. He isn't saying you'll grow more from it (although there are studies that say you could), he is just saying it's best for overall fitness and health. Personally, I can't dismiss all the facts based on how heavily researched it is. I will say that I haven't seen any studies on people who also train like bodybuilders but I don't think it matters all that much to be honest. Maybe it makes sense to avoid cardio in general when trying to build all out mass, but that is debatable. I get that a lot of people don't want to do it because it's difficult, but it also saves a lot of time and is less impactful on losing muscle.
No disagreements here. For anybody whose built up majority of the size they need, 20 minutes of sprints a few times a week are far more effective than 40 min ss cardio everyday. They're also way way more time efficient and fun.

My thoughts are that you have a finite amount of recovery stores (mostly genetic), so you have to allocate them wisely when trying to gain muscle.

Just my thoughts. Otherwise, HIIT is the way to go for health, longevity, performance, and maintaining leanness.

No disagreements here. For anybody whose built up majority of the size they need, 20 minutes of sprints a few times a week are far more effective than 40 min ss cardio everyday. They're also way way more time efficient and fun.

My thoughts are that you have a finite amount of recovery stores (mostly genetic), so you have to allocate them wisely when trying to gain muscle.

Just my thoughts. Otherwise, HIIT is the way to go for health, longevity, performance, and maintaining leanness.

Dead on. Personally I’m no longer at the point where I want all out muscle. I went from 135lbs to 220lbs at 5’10 so that’s more than enough for me. I was not doing HIIT when putting on the majority of that size, but that’s really because I wasn’t aware of the benefits at that point in time.

Yea definitely. I figured you meant do a set, wait 3-5 Minutes, repeat. The way you proposed is more like HIIT I’d say.

It’s not pure HIT like on a stationary bike as mentioned above however in terms of energy systems n effect on the body I do feel it’s similar n more fun than the bike for me which bores me to death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah bro totally.

[emoji41]

I never said up the juice...

I sleep perfectly fine... And actually if you LISTEN to advice from Arnold he WAS sleeping 6 hours a day via his schedule...

Actually has a speech and my favorite part is;

“I recommend you work 18 hours a day and sleep 6, and for those of you who say ‘oh but I NEED 8 hours of sleep’ etc, my advice to you is SLEEP FASTER if you want to get anything done”

So yea, maybe the reason you don’t have arms like Arnold is FIRST because you don’t have a type A personality like him, clearly..

2 I never said anything about MORE VOLUME, or bitch volume as you put it. I myself have stated a few times recently that I train DC style.. But it’s ok I wouldn’t expect you to single me out on here, I’m no one important..

But let me also guess, you’re the type of guy that also doesn’t eat your girl’s pussy because she’s on her period? And you made her shower first before you fuck?

Sounds like you better change your bitch approach to things before you find a “guy like me’s” number in her phone 😏💁🏻‍♂️

PS: I noticed you thought I was singling you out because I quoted similar statements to yours. There are other people on here that said similar things.. I’m saying it in general and not singling anyone out...

Like a “locker room roast” of shit talking between the homies...

Now that we’ve got our day off our chest.... Can we let it go? Love you... 😚

Last edited:
I never said up the juice...

I sleep perfectly fine... And actually if you LISTEN to advice from Arnold he WAS sleeping 6 hours a day via his schedule...

Actually has a speech and my favorite part is;

“I recommend you work 18 hours a day and sleep 6, and for those of you who say ‘oh but I NEED 8 hours of sleep’ etc, my advice to you is SLEEP FASTER if you want to get anything done”

So yea, maybe the reason you don’t have arms like Arnold is FIRT because you don’t have a type A personality like him, clearly..

2 I never said anything about MORE VOLUME, or bitch volume as you put it. I myself have stated a few times recently that I train DC style.. But it’s ok I wouldn’t expect you to single me out on here, I’m no one important..

But let me also guess, you’re the type of guy that also doesn’t eat your girl’s pussy because she’s on her period? And you made her shower first before you fuck?

Sounds like you better change your bitch approach to things before you find a “guy like me’s” number in her phone [emoji57][emoji1326]‍♂️

PS: I noticed you thought I was singling you out because I quoted similar statements to yours. There are other people on here that said similar things.. I’m saying it in general and not singling anyone out...

Like a “locker room roast” of shit talking between the homies...

Now that we’ve got our day off our chest.... Can we let it go? Love you... [emoji9]
Man PM has had an influx of weirdos

How do we go from HIIT training to eating period pussy?

In case you didn't notice the sarcasm in my original post...[emoji846]

Edit: k fine...I forgive. But now I've got a picture of myself eating period pussy...[emoji853][emoji33]

Last edited:

Edit: k fine...I forgive. But now I've got a picture of myself eating period pussy...[emoji853][emoji33]

I've eaten period pussy before. The girl conned me into turning off the lights and by the time we were finished, I looked in the mirror and had blood around my mouth.

Anyways, back to HIIT

I've eaten period pussy before. The girl conned me into turning off the lights and by the time we were finished, I looked in the mirror and had blood around my mouth.

Anyways, back to HIIT
I will admit I had the same experience once before. Pissed me off because I thought I had chipped a tooth or did something that screwed up my veneers.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

“Oh I talked shit to this guy who had nothing to do with me or my name and he singled me out and talked shit about my girl, made it laughable and explained/apologized and moved the conversation on........ But I wonder why he said what he said? 🤷🏻‍♂️ It mustn’t be because of the above, that would only make sense! He’s a weirdo” 🙄🤦🏻‍♂️

People sometimes lol

Sometimes I wish the internet didn’t exist....

Anyway, back to HIIT.... And the thread about WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING IT...

Not the excuses you make not to...

“Oh I talked shit to this guy who had nothing to do with me or my name and he singled me out and talked shit about my girl, made it laughable and explained/apologized and moved the conversation on........ But I wonder why he said what he said? 🤷🏻‍♂️ It mustn’t be because of the above, that would only make sense! He’s a weirdo” [emoji849]🤦🏻‍♂️

People sometimes lol

Sometimes I wish the internet didn’t exist....

Anyway, back to HIIT.... And the thread about WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING IT...

Not the excuses you make not to...
Gee what a weirdo...

[emoji41]

Anyways, back to HIIT

That reminds me of a few stories I have. One time it looked like I am murdered someone in her bed :eek:

This was the same girl (and night) who came up to me in a bar and said do you have any ice. I didn't know what she meant and thought it was an Irish name for drugs. Then she said an ice cube. I said why and she replied I will give you the best blow job of your life. I got back to her house and as soon as she opened the door she walked to the freezer and put ice in her mouth and well the rest is history :eek::D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mvdds
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity