mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Restaurants... What's everyone ordering?

The sirloin at Texas Roadhouse for sit down and a naked grilled chicken burrito
from Qdoba fore something quick. Yum!

WOW, it must be like living in fairy tale land not to have your kids bugging you for Micky D, Chick Filet and Subway.

With that said if I go out on my own I love the Deluxe Sonic Burgers.

I usually only go to Golden Corral because it is an all you can eat steak buffet and if I go anywhere else I leave still hungry. Golden Corall is $10 bucks all you can eat and all I eat is steak, nothing else untill the end, I usually eat about 8-10 steaks and then when I can't get one more bite of steak down I will eat an ice cream or dessert for the sugar rush. I figure with all those aminos from the steak digesting the insulin rush takes them where they need to go.

Subway has been the bane of my existence for probably 6 years now...

When I played football, a post practice Foot long Italian BMT with extra mayo and sub sauce plus all the veggies on white bread was the name of the game.

Now, 6 inch double meat roasted chicken breast with all the veggies and "light" mayo.

At sitdown restaurants I just go gang busters for foods I cant prep well i.e. Vietnamese pho soup and some of the more difficult/time consuming foods like Barbecue ribs/brisket etc.

One of my favourite restaurants is Boston Pizza(a popular restaurant chain here in Canada) Full rack of ribs, ceasar salad, pound of hot wings and a 7up hits the spot. Delicious!

Chipotle. I like to get the salad bowl with brown rice, chicken, guacamole, and black beans on it. Can't get any healthier for fast food and it is good.

Generaly when i go out to eat its planned so that its a "cheat" meal typicly a big pasta dish , Crawfish fettucini , shrimp and tasso pasta , crab stuffed eggplant parmasian.

I never go out to eat steak anymore , i have better beef at home and its cooked exactly the way i like it.
If its a spur of the moment thing and im dieting i'll try to find somthing light like grilled chicken or fish and veggies , but if the fam wants to go out and eat som,place inparticluar i just pack my food if dieting.

Generaly when i go out to eat its planned so that its a "cheat" meal typicly a big pasta dish , Crawfish fettucini , shrimp and tasso pasta , crab stuffed eggplant parmasian.

I never go out to eat steak anymore , i have better beef at home and its cooked exactly the way i like it.
If its a spur of the moment thing and im dieting i'll try to find somthing light like grilled chicken or fish and veggies , but if the fam wants to go out and eat som,place inparticluar i just pack my food if dieting.

I saw where you had posted that before and I was going to ask. Do many people do that? It proves you have a lot determination and I think it's awesome, by the way. I just don't think I'd have to willpower to eat something from home if I'm going out. I'm a far worse cook. :eek:

Scotch, on the rocks, single malt.

Thats what I get when I eat out.

I saw where you had posted that before and I was going to ask. Do many people do that? It proves you have a lot determination and I think it's awesome, by the way. I just don't think I'd have to willpower to eat something from home if I'm going out. I'm a far worse cook. :eek:

most of the competitors I know do especially close to a show with somthing small can cause a problem , the way I see it I have invested far to much time and effort for some lazy ass cook that hates his job to make things harder!!

it's actualy pretty common for me especially when I chaperone my kids field trips , they always end up eating some crap food place.

as far as will power goes when people ask how I do it I just tell them I have a goal to reach and this makes it easier. Most people that don't compete can't grasp the concept but it is what it is.

I learned to cook real young and have figured out alot of ways to make my meals taste better , at times it adds some cost but it sure helps break up the routine of same boring meals.

little things like adding some shrimp or lump crab meat to a salad or rice , trying differant spices and ways to cook things

A massive steak...texas road house or longhorn steak are my favorite chain resturants.

Other than that...chicken breast.

It is really easy for me to eat clean these days living by myself - I buy exactly the foods that are on my diet for the week and nothing else. Problem solved. Thus, when I go out it is for something I can't have at home - typically it is a loaded burger with bleu cheese sauce, mushrooms, and bacon plus a large order of fries and a good IPA or stout, depending on my mood. Once every couple of weeks I'll also go nuts and get a large (or extra large if they have it) blizzard from Dairy Queen. Compared to when I lived with other people with an occasional, small 'cheat' here and there this 97% spartan and 3% all out cheat combination is keeping me lean as ever for off season.

I live my life by the 80/20 rule so if I'm gonna make the effort to go to a nice restaurant, I'm gonna eat whatever the hell I want to eat. Life is waaay too short to not enjoy the little things. I should also add that I don't eat out all that regularly. Unless you're prepping, if one restaurant meal blows your diet, you're doin' it wrong.

usually when i go out...

i get the biggest steak they have
and whatever brownie dessert they have..

and when i order i tell them to bring the dessert
out first, it always gets a weird reaction...(love it)

:cool:

Ditto for me. If it's a cheat meal, I definitely order dessert when everyone else is ordering appetizers. I started doing this when I was fat and dieting, because god forbid I get full before dessert time, lol. Now I do it because I love my desserts!!

Restaurants are notorious for putting something that looks "healthy" on the menu, but once you check their nutritional guides (if they have one), you may have been better off ordering something else. :banghead:

I'm curious...

a) What is your favorite restaurant?
b) What do you order from there?
c) What restaurant/menu item do you try to avoid?

Fav restaurant- Yosake - local sushi joint

What do I order from there- Was there a few nights ago and shared- Firecracker Shrimp - fried shrimp in a spicy/sweet sauce with scallions on top, hot crab dip with ginger, a variety of sashimi and two salmon and tuna rolls!

What items do I try and avoid - Firecracker Shrimp! It's got to be loaded with lots of fat and tons of extra calories, but it is so damn good:devil-s:i

Great thread...

Steak buffet or somewhere where i can get unlimited MEAT!! :D

If i have already hit up my weekly buffet and want to go out I'll just ask for a chicken breast and some broccoli w/o the butter or something like that

Carrabbas - chicken trio !! With big italian salad

Blu sushi - all u can eat lunch special

Golden coral - all u can eat steak , along with sum shrimp and maybe a slice of pie

Beef obradys - grilled chicken Cesar tossed in hotsauce double the chicken

Wing joints
Hog body's - 20 wings sour cream flavor with blue cheese dip, sweetpotatoe fries with Stevia and natty honey dip

Famous daves - sweet n sassy wings with onion strings , ranch dip carrots n celary

Fast-food
Subway - ft long sunrise melt with eggwhites on toasted wheat or grilled chicken ranch on same

Wendy's triple baconator and replace buns with wheat buns..

Granted not all these choices r the most healthiest but still pretty good considering eating out...

steak most the time if its a restaurant with fries.

Sushi I love as well.

If I want my true cheat meal, large deep dish pizza (oreganos not sure if you guys know of it), 30 piece of boneless wings, 1 pint of Ice cream something with peanut butter/cookies/pecans.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
saltseeker
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws