advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Staying motivated for older guys..ideas??

mrcat

Registered
I'm having a tough time staying motivated. I'm being forced out of my apt in june/july and considering a out of state move. The stress of the unkown really is taking it's toll. I've decided to run a little var, hoping that will kickstart my motivation. It usually does. Any other ideas. I use to use sports and weman as major motivators. Will sports wise, right now I have no outlet. And the quality of weman even 10 years younger is to scarry to provide any movtivation......

I now use age as my motivator....

I am now far past the wow factor that I use to have on women, so now I am motivated by the age factor. When I first decided to get into bodybuilding, I promised to never let myself become a "has been". Get off your butt and train, don't be that old guy walking up to some younger guy in the grocery store, saying "I remember I use to look like you". :D

Well, the reason I still lift is to keep the younger guys from f..ckin
with me. Just kidding.... kinda.

Last edited:
Just today I watched a guy at least twenty years younger than me huffing and puffing to pull his fat body out of his car just to pump gas. I never want to do that kind of weight lifting. That's motivation enough for me

Hello Guys, Im in my late 40s, The one thing I that motivates me is Martial arts, Brazillian Jiu-jitsu in particular. At first I would get may ass kicked in there but as time went on and my conditioning and technique got better I feet great. Mayby when you move find a School or Academy that teaches BJJ

mrcat said:
I'm having a tough time staying motivated. I'm being forced out of my apt in june/july and considering a out of state move. The stress of the unkown really is taking it's toll. I've decided to run a little var, hoping that will kickstart my motivation. It usually does. Any other ideas. I use to use sports and weman as major motivators. Will sports wise, right now I have no outlet. And the quality of weman even 10 years younger is to scarry to provide any movtivation......

consider getting a training partner to be accountable to.

AG
www.ag-guys.com

Being under stress is distracting, but if you can force yourself and get to the gym, a good workout will make you feel much better and ready to take on the world. I am older too and when I see other men my age and the sorry shape 90% are in, it makes me feel really good about myself and I keep hitting the gym. Do it for you.

Var isnt very good as a motivating drug. Use a little test to bring up the androgen levels equally.
Im one of the strongest guys in my gym at 47yo. And honestly as far as overall package (size cuts symetry-proportions) I dont think anyone in my gym is better. But honestly its not really hardcore, except for a few of us.
Still Im proud. At my old Golds, there were some bad-asses though. I fit in the hardcore bunch, although I could hold my own, I was not elite there.
Somehow, I look better every year. I think its just consistency in diet and training continuing to make me better.

this is what i do
watch some dvd;s or videos
or get some new ones like darrem charles or milos new one
or have a look at some of the older guys on the net photos
and think like i do next time you are training with heavy weight
the look on the youngs guys faces :):):)
thinking you shouldnt be doing that at your age :):):)

• Try joining a new gym even if it is a short term membership, or if you train at home, go buy a new piece of equipment.
  • Buy a short-term personal training program.
  • If you already have a decent physique, pick a contest six months down the road or so and train for it. Even if it is a readers' self-improvement contest in some magazine, a competition is a great motivator. (Maybe PM could start one. Sponsors?)

Find a masters comp and do it...........i find the best motivation to be competition..........the bigger the show, the more you'll try to come in at your best, gives you that much more motivation:p

Not wanting to be the old fucker that can't anymore works for me, wanting to lead the way fr old guys works for me, not wanting to have to start over or beneath where I am works for me. I started lifting with my boys and three friends at the high school in the morning three days a week. I see their young asses trying and I feel like a punk if I don't do well at night when I lift with my partner. And then there is the "if I die today, do I want to look like this?" thing that fucks with me. Lifting....it does a body good! Just keep lifting till the motivation comes back.

250mg Test E every 10 days and 4iu GH every night and get a GF half my age.

Big Bapper said:
250mg Test E every 10 days and 4iu GH every night and get a GF half my age.

Yes. Thank you! :D

Thanks guys. This week is starting out better (training week starts Sat for me). Bjj was one of my sports, I need to get back into it. The time they meet doesn't allow now but will soon.

May run some test with the var. Going to see how it goes in a week or two..

I had great luck with GH in the past. $$$ prevent in for another month or so....

I think you have to decide who you really are and what your dislikes and likes really

A book I found very helpful in clarifying that is Paul Cantrells ( I think I have his name right ) The principles of Success.

For the spiritually minded Rick Warrens Purpose Driven Life.

I didn't participate much in the thread about the commonality between monkeys and man as there isn't much hope or power in that for me personally.

It's no big deal to me whether we are exactly the same, I found no power in a natural solution or hope for that matter.

Allbeef

This guy might motivate you. Sometimes when I feel like I can't go on, I talk to this guy and look at what he's done.

Attachments

• mick colm.jpg
    mick colm.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 110
PassionateBB i hear ya. Whenever i watch any show were handicapped people are out doing all kinds of things im ashamed that i b*** about anything in life. I feel like one lazy bum.
Hats off to that bodybuilder. He is an inspiration.
There is a documentary on A&E called Murderball. Its kill the man with the ball with guys in wheelchairs. These dudes are insane.

RC

motivation should be as simple as looking into a full length mirror completely naked.

if you like what you see, then you're on the road to success.

if you don't like what you see, change your diet, hire a personal traininer, hit the gym and endure the pain. it's that simple. there's no secret or quick answer. it's all about setting realistic goals, creating a realistic plan to achieve the goal, and being committed 100% to achieving the goal.

in 6 months, look in the mirror again. if you don't see any changes you need to take corrective action.

I am 38, always had ectomorph physique, but look better today than I was in my 20's. In fact, due to hardcore strength training, I look better than 99% of everybody in the gym. the answer is simple. I work harder than 99% of everybody in the gym. hard work never fails!

confidence builds self-esteem. hard work builds confidence. hardcore strength training builds quality muscle, quality muscle builds confidence.

if eating healthy and hardcore weight training aren't working, you need to refocus.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131