advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Brutality of Mountain Dog Training (John Meadows' E-Book is Out!)

Just bumping this up...

-Scott

gotta admit when i 1st got the book i was gutted. As i am already a member of JOhn's site, the 1st 2 chapters were already in the site. .... But damn was i wrong .... chapter 3 was worth it's gold! really a small price to pay for so much info.

Cheers John and Scott! ! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Scott I´m already following your FT training, would this book be of any use with the FT? Can they be combined?

gotta admit when i 1st got the book i was gutted. As i am already a member of JOhn's site, the 1st 2 chapters were already in the site. .... But damn was i wrong .... chapter 3 was worth it's gold! really a small price to pay for so much info.

Cheers John and Scott! ! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

That's what I was waiting to read. I know the book is well worth it but I'm a member of his site and have done several of his 12week programs. I just didn't know if the book would have more than the site and workout give

Scott I´m already following your FT training, would this book be of any use with the FT? Can they be combined?

Hey Bud!

I've had several people tell me over the years that the move back and forth between John's programs and working with me or using DC training, or now Fortitude Training. I think that's a great solution, TBH.

There are some techniques in John's book that can be applied to FT Pump sets (if not overdone), so that could be some cross-over in that regard. I think the best way, though would not be (at least initially) to try to create a hybrid of some sort, but simply to alternate between training styles.

John's book here gives you the know how to make your own "mountain dog" style program, but part of the impetus for the book is simply education, so that folks could take the underpinnings of John's system and apply them as needed / wanted. That being said, I'm pretty certain that someone who has a few cycles of both MD training and FT under his / her belt and is so motivated could whip up some pretty cool workouts as well as training cycles. :)

-Scott

Love the book..lots of great info in there!I think it is key to follow a program to the t,its the only way to see whats working for you or not..Mountaindog,FT and DC all find their wayt nto my training!..great stuff Scott!

Last edited:
Just ordered mine….looking forward to learning something new.

Hey Bud!

I've had several people tell me over the years that the move back and forth between John's programs and working with me or using DC training, or now Fortitude Training. I think that's a great solution, TBH.

There are some techniques in John's book that can be applied to FT Pump sets (if not overdone), so that could be some cross-over in that regard. I think the best way, though would not be (at least initially) to try to create a hybrid of some sort, but simply to alternate between training styles.

John's book here gives you the know how to make your own "mountain dog" style program, but part of the impetus for the book is simply education, so that folks could take the underpinnings of John's system and apply them as needed / wanted. That being said, I'm pretty certain that someone who has a few cycles of both MD training and FT under his / her belt and is so motivated could whip up some pretty cool workouts as well as training cycles. :)

-Scott

Hi Scott.......I have been following FT since last July. I did make some adjustments last December adding JM's workouts/exercises to only the pump sets. I continue to follow the tiers with Load/MR sets and still use most of my original exercises as I still continue to progress in either weight or reps. I plan on competing at the North America next September and will continue FT into the show. Are you planning on competing next summer? G

Hi Scott.......I have been following FT since last July. I did make some adjustments last December adding JM's workouts/exercises to only the pump sets. I continue to follow the tiers with Load/MR sets and still use most of my original exercises as I still continue to progress in either weight or reps. I plan on competing at the North America next September and will continue FT into the show. Are you planning on competing next summer? G

Hey G,

Yes, I've seen you post in the Think Tank!!! Glad you're digging FT (and making it work for you)!

Competing would be my preference, but (to make a long story short) I put that on the back burner this year to focus on other commitment that unfortunately fell through. (You can probably tell from how friggin' vague that is that the story isn't my favorite one... LOL) So, at this point... nope. No shows for me in 2015.

-S

Hey G,

Yes, I've seen you post in the Think Tank!!! Glad you're digging FT (and making it work for you)!

Competing would be my preference, but (to make a long story short) I put that on the back burner this year to focus on other commitment that unfortunately fell through. (You can probably tell from how friggin' vague that is that the story isn't my favorite one... LOL) So, at this point... nope. No shows for me in 2015.

-S

I understand.....hard to commit to something if you don't make it a priority. On a positive note I also followed your final week prep last year and came in the best shape of my career at 50. I never dreamed I could eat 1500g of carbs......lol and not blow my prep.

I understand.....hard to commit to something if you don't make it a priority. On a positive note I also followed your final week prep last year and came in the best shape of my career at 50. I never dreamed I could eat 1500g of carbs......lol and not blow my prep.

G,

Yes, indeed. I made a commitment to something else, actually, making it my priority (not bodybuilding). I'd do it again knowing what I knew then, but not what I know now! LOL Bodybuilding does have a perk that, when it comes down to it, it's a matter of you and you alone for making it all happen.

--------------

RIGHT ON! Glad that system worked! If you don't mind me asking...

Did you do a practice run?...

I'm guessing you were in your best shape overall... but how much of your on stage appears (would you say) was a matter of the last week. (Wondering if you'd used diuretics in the past that didn't work out, for instance?...)

-S

On a positive note I also followed your final week prep last year and came in the best shape of my career at 50. I never dreamed I could eat 1500g of carbs......lol and not blow my prep.
I'm curious, is there an article on Scott's final week prep recommendations somewhere?

G,

Yes, indeed. I made a commitment to something else, actually, making it my priority (not bodybuilding). I'd do it again knowing what I knew then, but not what I know now! LOL Bodybuilding does have a perk that, when it comes down to it, it's a matter of you and you alone for making it all happen.

--------------

RIGHT ON! Glad that system worked! If you don't mind me asking...

Did you do a practice run?...

I'm guessing you were in your best shape overall... but how much of your on stage appears (would you say) was a matter of the last week. (Wondering if you'd used diuretics in the past that didn't work out, for instance?...)

-S

3 practice runs prior to the show. Getting in shape had never been a problem for me just dialing it in the last week; I always felt I was under fed and not quite as dry as I could be. I started competing in 1986 and we never used diuretics; in 1995 I used aldactone starting 3 days out of a show and it worked fine. Back then we had a lot of discussions regarding whether it was worth taking a diuretic or Lasix? Most of us elected to just cut sodium and water out on Friday.
So actually this was more about feeding myself until I spilt over then taking a day to manage the spill over. Contest day I woke up very dry and ate a heavy meal at 5:30am and another at 9am with added sodium. My muscles were full and tight when I got to the pump up room; I think I did 2 sets of push-ups and 2 sets of pull-ups and I was ready to go. The night show I was still dry but felt I wasn't quite as full as the morning; I ate clean through the afternoon (chicken,rice, potatoes) and drank some pedialyte and about a quart of water.

What would you recommend after prejudging until the evening show?

I won my class but lost the overall by a split decision 4/3. It was the guy who placed just behind you last year at the masters.

I'm curious, is there an article on Scott's final week prep recommendations somewhere?

It was an interview with Scott in John Meadows website.....

It was an interview with Scott in John Meadows website.....

There are also some amazing OLD posts on here by Scott about drying out with NO diuretics.... With enough digging you'll find these gems :)

3 practice runs prior to the show. Getting in shape had never been a problem for me just dialing it in the last week; I always felt I was under fed and not quite as dry as I could be. I started competing in 1986 and we never used diuretics; in 1995 I used aldactone starting 3 days out of a show and it worked fine. Back then we had a lot of discussions regarding whether it was worth taking a diuretic or Lasix? Most of us elected to just cut sodium and water out on Friday.
So actually this was more about feeding myself until I spilt over then taking a day to manage the spill over. Contest day I woke up very dry and ate a heavy meal at 5:30am and another at 9am with added sodium. My muscles were full and tight when I got to the pump up room; I think I did 2 sets of push-ups and 2 sets of pull-ups and I was ready to go. The night show I was still dry but felt I wasn't quite as full as the morning; I ate clean through the afternoon (chicken,rice, potatoes) and drank some pedialyte and about a quart of water.

What would you recommend after prejudging until the evening show?

I won my class but lost the overall by a split decision 4/3. It was the guy who placed just behind you last year at the masters.

Cool. Thanks for the feedback, man. (Old guys rule! LOL).

Did you use the two part article I wrote for John's site or an interview?

After PJ, the basic idea is to evaluate where you are relative:

1.) How did you do / look at the PJ? What needs to be adjusted?

2.) How to replicate you hydration and glycogen status during the time before the night show so you can essential repeat the same decision-making process you used in the morning (before PJ) during the afternoon / evening.

So, there's no set answer for you question. If you, say, were dead on during the PJ in terms of hydration but borderine flat and ended up dropping a lot of water (e.g., by pumping up and competing in several classes), then you'd adjust water intake to restore hydration and eat more carbs.

If you weren't dry enough, you'd (continue to) restrict water more. Etc...

(I ask about the articles b/c that's covered in there, I think...)

-S

Last edited:

There are also some amazing OLD posts on here by Scott about drying out with NO diuretics.... With enough digging you'll find these gems :)

Yeah, there's an old post here in the "Articles" section.

As I mentioned above, there's a two part article on Health Nutrition Fitness Customized Meal Training Plan Program Coaches Mountain Dog Diet that covers the basic physiology of drying out and carbing up. There's also another article that I wrote that goes into more detail on carbing up, too.

(John's site is totally worth it, IMO. :) )

-S

Cool. Thanks for the feedback, man. (Old guys rule! LOL).

Did you use the two part article I wrote for John's site or an interview?

After PJ, the basic idea is to evaluate where you are relative:

1.) How did you do / look at the PJ? What needs to be adjusted?

2.) How to replicate you hydration and glycogen status during the time before the night show so you can essential repeat the same decision-making process you used in the morning (before PJ) during the afternoon / evening.

So, there's no set answer for you question. If you, say, were dead on during the PJ in terms of hydration but borderine flat and ended up dropping a lot of water (e.g., by pumping up and competing in several classes), then you'd adjust water intake to restore hydration and eat more carbs.

If you weren't dry enough, you'd (continue to) restrict water more. Etc...

(I ask about the articles b/c that's covered in there, I think...)

-S

It was the article I made a copy of it and saved it. Carb "Prime", Carb Up "Fill n Spill" "Dry Out" phase...... I read through it tonight and it addresses my question. It was a long night show and after I won my class I was stuck backstage waiting for figure girls and other classes before we did the overall. I just went too long without food and water. And yes Old guys rule! Thanks

It was the article I made a copy of it and saved it. Carb "Prime", Carb Up "Fill n Spill" "Dry Out" phase...... I read through it tonight and it addresses my question. It was a long night show and after I won my class I was stuck backstage waiting for figure girls and other classes before we did the overall. I just went too long without food and water. And yes Old guys rule! Thanks

LOL! Sure, man.

Oh, Jeez, then did that to you - waiting to have the Overall posedown at the VERY end... You live and ya learn.

(Glad the article answered the question. :) )

-S

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner