over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The ignorant Doctor’s thread

Had a cardiologist ask why I wanted to have him test my C-Reactive Protein, homocysteine, and lp(a) levels. Didn't even sound like he knew what they were.

Had a separate hematologist tell me I needed to go off my TRT script due to my 54 hematocrit number because it was too dangerous and that TRT was dangerous. All my other blood work was textbook besides that one issue (which wasn't even that big an issue anyway). Imagine if I didn't know any better and actually listened to him and dealt with the total fuck of having low testosterone levels.

I have more but I've posted too much in a row for now

I realize we can't self diagnose everything on our own but this is why sometimes I feel its better to do so in certain situations unless you have someone who knows what the fk their talking about. The wife gets upset when I tell her doctors don't know what their looking at or talking about most of the time.

actually the theories the doctors learned are always behind the current situation.Or that sentence,the bad doctor kills patient.

I know we all have our frustrating experiences with doctors.

I have had difficulties getting docs to take my concern about my gynecomastia and low libido seriously.

I had trouble getting docs to believe my wrist was fractured. It didn't show on the XR, so they said it was a sprain. I could feel it in my bone and I knew if we got an MRI it would show it was broken. Lo and behold 6 weeks later when the pain hasn't improved, they get the MRI and it is broken and needs a screw placed in it. (Scaphoid bone in wrist)

While they are supposed to be trained to not be judgmental and to listen to you and treat you regardless of the decisions you make about using illicit substances, to be fair, they are not trained to deal with very healthy bodybuilders who use AAS, HGH, peptides, etc. You all know know so much more detail about your own medical history, your own physiology, your own body, and the substances that you use to modify your physiology than they will. I completely understand why you all would choose to self-diagnose and self-treat. We as a community, by and large, are mostly healthy already, fully in-tune with our bodies, and using many substances that alter our physiology drastically from normal (and normal physiology is what physicians are trained to work with). Most people are not like us and that is who physicians are trained to treat. They will not see anything serious enough that they need to treat in us, so we need to take care of ourselves. It is probably better that way.

However... I don't think many of you are showing enough respect for their job. They need to be able to manage any problem for any body system for people with any kind of medical history that walks into their clinic or gets admitted to the hospital. The physician in the ER might be dealing with a cardiac arrest in one room, a pulmonary embolism in another, a stroke in another, and have a motorcycle accident on the way in an ambulance too, in addition to 6 or 7 other non-critical patients. Surgeons do crazy shit on a weekly basis cutting people open and putting them back together in a way that they don't die or get seriously disabled. Cardiologists snake wires through people's arteries to their heart and stop heart attacks in progress. Doctors in hospitals literally bring people back to life and stop people on the brink of death regularly.

I do know that most of the frustration in this thread is directed at clinicians, but clinicians are also used to dealing with the sickest, stupidest people on the planet... the 70 year old pizza planet whose legs are covered in diabetic ulcers, is about to need a toe amputated, is on oxygen, cant walk without a walker, and has had 3 bypass surgeries already. And worse than that too. They might even look at you and think "why are you wasting my time with this menial bullshit, you are doing just fine and I have truly sick patients to think about and treat."

I don't mean to discount all of your frustrations with doctors. Some of you have legitimate gripes. I just don't feel that it is fair to call them ignorant or even "bad" doctors. Look at things from their perspective too.

My good friend was told he had a brain tumor and had 1 year to live. He spent an entire year depressed knowing his wife and daughter would be alone when he passed. He was always so somber as you can imagine. After a year of mental anguish he got another doctor to look at his brain scan. The new doctor said, “That’s not a tumor. It’s just a shadow on the scan. You don’t have anything wrong with you.” Can you guys believe the hell he went through all because an “expert” didn’t know his to properly examine a brain scan?
Most people would sue for punitive damages and win millions. My friend said that people are human and mistakes happen. He since went to divinity school and became a preacher-man.

Good news to you and your friends.i always believe a man with a good heart is a man with luck

While they are supposed to be trained to not be judgmental and to listen to you and treat you regardless of the decisions you make about using illicit substances, to be fair, they are not trained to deal with very healthy bodybuilders who use AAS, HGH, peptides, etc. You all know know so much more detail about your own medical history, your own physiology, your own body, and the substances th

However... I don't think many of you are showing enough respect for their job. They need to be able to manage any problem for any body system for people with any kind of medical history that walks into their clinic or gets admitted to the hospital. The physician in the ER might be dealing with a cardiac arrest in one room, a pulmonary embolism in another, a stroke in another, and have a motorcycle accident on the way in an ambulance too, in addition to 6 or 7 other non-critical patients. Surgeons do crazy shit on a weekly basis cutting people open and putting them back together in a way that they don't die or get seriously disabled. Cardiologists snake wires through people's arteries to their heart and stop heart attacks in progress. Doctors in hospitals literally bring people back to life and stop people on the brink of death regularly.

I do know that most of the frustration in this thread is directed at clinicians, but clinicians are also used to dealing with the sickest, stupidest people on the planet... the 70 year old pizza planet whose legs are covered in diabetic ulcers, is about to need a toe amputated, is on oxygen, cant walk without a walker, and has had 3 bypass surgeries already. And worse than that too. They might even look at you and think "why are you wasting my time with this menial bullshit, you are doing just fine and I have truly sick patients to think about and treat."

I don't mean to discount all of your frustrations with doctors. Some of you have legitimate gripes. I just don't feel that it is fair to call them ignorant or even "bad" doctors. Look at things from their perspective too.

Very true, I’m guilty. I owe my life to many doctors. I don’t go a day without saying a preyer thanking them for giving me a second chance. God is good

Last edited:
Very true, I’m guilty. I owe my life to many doctors. I don’t go a day without saying a preyer thanking them for giving me a second chance. God is good

Doctors are the only reason I still walk this earth. I have some good ones.

This is true for any profession though. How many idiots have you come across in your work place? I see them on a daily basis and wonder why they are in the field they are in. You would think medical school would "weed" them out but some people are book smart and some people are common sense smart etc..

I have had difficulties getting docs to take my concern about my gynecomastia and low libido seriously.

I had trouble getting docs to believe my wrist was fractured. It didn't show on the XR, so they said it was a sprain. I could feel it in my bone and I knew if we got an MRI it would show it was broken. Lo and behold 6 weeks later when the pain hasn't improved, they get the MRI and it is broken and needs a screw placed in it. (Scaphoid bone in wrist)

While they are supposed to be trained to not be judgmental and to listen to you and treat you regardless of the decisions you make about using illicit substances, to be fair, they are not trained to deal with very healthy bodybuilders who use AAS, HGH, peptides, etc. You all know know so much more detail about your own medical history, your own physiology, your own body, and the substances that you use to modify your physiology than they will. I completely understand why you all would choose to self-diagnose and self-treat. We as a community, by and large, are mostly healthy already, fully in-tune with our bodies, and using many substances that alter our physiology drastically from normal (and normal physiology is what physicians are trained to work with). Most people are not like us and that is who physicians are trained to treat. They will not see anything serious enough that they need to treat in us, so we need to take care of ourselves. It is probably better that way.

I completely agree. Doctors who take the time to follow up on current research and provide the proper protocols I really respect. It’s the ones who just prescribe things for the heck of it and shrug things off that I have no respect for. I feel doctor should get paid more but also have more credentials. They shouldn’t have to worry about all the fees they pay like malpractice insurance, etc. pay more, make the job harder, etc. same thing with law enforcement.

What irritates me is docs who lie to you or feel
you don't need to know certain things about whatever it is that ails you. One doc told me you can't damage soft tissue in the shoulder by taking a fall like I did, you might break a bone though. Maybe she didn't want to order an expensive MRI, I don't know. Eventually got the MRI though which showed a rotator cuff tear.

Docs also told me there are no withdrawal effects from stopping antidepressants cold turkey - this was at 15 years old. No major thing here as I don't consider those WDs as serious like with narcotics, but still.

Last edited:
Someone mentioned it before. Most docs are about pain and disease mgmt and not health mgmt

I don't think anyone disagrees. That being said, no one should blindly follow their advice without doing due diligence first as mis-diagnoses are rampant. I think everyone here is on the same page as far as how many of them are life savers. I wouldn't be alive without certain ones either.

I don't think anyone disagrees. That being said, no one should blindly follow their advice without doing due diligence first as mis-diagnoses are rampant. I think everyone here is on the same page as far as how many of them are life savers. I wouldn't be alive without certain ones either.

IMO the main thing is to find doctors that will have an intelligent conversation with you. In order to do that you have to educate yourself so that you know what to ask them and then be able to go into some depth, otherwise they are just telling you what to do and not explaining why. Like some of you on here have said, the average Joe they see in their office is mostly ignorant on just about everything concerning physiology and disease processes.

It helps having a formal education too. My doctors are just about all really good about discussing things with me. The cardiologist that takes care of my defibrillator spent about 40 minutes with me on Thrusday, and I would say 25 minutes or more was unscheduled time. I asked him questions and we talked about things. Im good at getting them to do it. 15 minutes we were standing in the hallway and I could tell he was going to go to the next patient if not for me. He was very willing though to talk with me and even laughed a lot at my jokes etc. Nice guy.

My gastro gave me something(forgot the name) to help with stomach muscle relaxation. I asked what the side effects were and she said there is none. I said well everything has a side effect there’s nothing? She said maybe a tiny little bit of nausea in a rare % of some people. So I researched it and it turns out it’s actually a Acetylcholine inhibitor which can actually play huge role in mood, energy, depression, etc. It’s all about DUE DILIGENCE.

Last edited:
My gastro gave me something(forgot the name) to help with stomach muscle relaxation. I asked what the side effects were and she said there is none. I said well everything has a side effect there’s nothing? She said maybe a tiny little bit of nausea in a rare % of some people. So I researched it and it turns out it’s actually a Acetylcholine inhibitor which can actually play huge role in mood, energy, depression, etc. It’s all about DUE DILIGENCE.

Did you read the insert that comes with the drug? Pretty sure those are required by law to have the studies that were done that allowed the FDA to approve it. There should be tables showing all the sides and the prevalence of each. Could be that none of the test subjects showed scientifically significant signs of Acetylcholine related issues.

Did you read the insert that comes with the drug? Pretty sure those are required by law to have the studies that were done that allowed the FDA to approve it. There should be tables showing all the sides and the prevalence of each. Could be that none of the test subjects showed scientifically significant signs of Acetylcholine related issues.

No i don’t trust the FDA. I just research on ncbi which is the holy grail.

No i don’t trust the FDA. I just research on ncbi which is the holy grail.

Well, the FDA doesn't run the experiments. That is done by the drug company usually or a university as far as I know.

So you looked it up and found evidence showing significant sides?

Well, the FDA doesn't run the experiments. That is done by the drug company usually or a university as far as I know.

So you looked it up and found evidence showing significant sides?

Yes. I can’t remember the name of the medicine but I’ll check when I get home I might have the empty bottle in my cabinet.

Also remember these big pharmacies have major connections and major money. They can easily flaw studies.

Also remember these big pharmacies have major connections and major money. They can easily flaw studies.

I don't trust most of the pharma companies, that is for sure. The company Novartis pulled some crap to get Entresto approved before they had even finished their study. I cant believe the FDA let them get away with it. Crazy. There is a chance it could cause macular degeneration and Alzheimers disease. In their study they compared its affects to that of an old ARB or Ace Inhibitor, cant remember which it was.

Alzheimer?s disease and macular degeneration concerns with Entresto

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner