Who are more "Healthy"?

• Top gymrats

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • State/National Competitors

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters

tmuscle

Kilo Klub Member
On the whole, who would you say are the more "Healthy" bunch? Meaning, they stick to doses relatively non-dangerous and have diets that are health conscious and have an overall greater awareness of their lifestyle in regards to bodybuilding and their drug intake

top physiques at a gymrat level (lets say the top 5 guys at a gym in a large metro city area like LA, who are already big/lean enough to do damage as a LHW/HW/SHW but don't have any desire to diet and compete).

or

National and State level competitors (non pro) who may compete anywhere from once to several times per year

Genetics/Response to gear. Some grow like weeds on 2ml test a week. Some can run 10ml of different shit a week and their bloods are perfect.

Last edited:
Genetics/Response to gear. Some grow like weeds on 2ml test a week. Some can run 10ml of different shit a week and their bloods are perfect.

Yep I agree with this, another factor to think of is also what country you live in. In some countries gear is that hard to come by and so expensive that the user will skip what most would think of as normal protocol like PCT etc.. in order to have a better course. If you have easy access to all the goods you have the ability to do things properly and tick all the boxes with less damage to the body

Its a case by case thing but I think on the whole competitors tend to get tunnel vision and take things a step farther than gym rats.

I didn't vote because it is to generalized. Many of the competitors and many of the gym rats are healthy, and many of competitors and gymrats abuse the hell out of themselves and are unhealthy.
I can't say an exact percentage, but I would bet it is fairly even.
I've noticed lately that gymrats sort of act like competitive pros when it comes to this hobby.

I think when you get to 50 and above, you will trully know who is healthy :rolleyes:

I don't think there will be much of a difference in health between the two groups, and they are both probably using about the same amount of drugs.

Its a case by case thing but I think on the whole competitors tend to get tunnel vision and take things a step farther than gym rats.

Agree with this. Also it seems that most of the "gym rat" type are the same dudes partying/clubbing and getting hammered or doing lots of rec drugs every weekend on top of their gear

I think when you get to 50 and above, you will trully know who is healthy :rolleyes:

Hell, with guys these days youll know by the age of 40. I am a good example of that.

On the whole, who would you say are the more "Healthy" bunch? Meaning, they stick to doses relatively non-dangerous and have diets that are health conscious and have an overall greater awareness of their lifestyle in regards to bodybuilding and their drug intake

top physiques at a gymrat level (lets say the top 5 guys at a gym in a large metro city area like LA, who are already big/lean enough to do damage as a LHW/HW/SHW but don't have any desire to diet and compete).

or

National and State level competitors (non pro) who may compete anywhere from once to several times per year

Think you kind of answered your own question in your first post bro. Honestly i'd think as an overall in general would be the more competitive level bodybuilder simply because they would be the most careful with anything and everything they put in their body as far as gear/vitamins/food, etc. When you're at that level you know what kind of gear and how much you need and even more so exactly how and what to eat and it's usually always very healthy and whole foods.

Now the average gym rat that i've seen/met too many to count that use, just use as much gear as possible for their lack luster of everything mentioned above, diet/vitamins/h2o, health etc. The average gym rat more so would do it to look the best at his gym, not on stage, and of course to look the best on the beach for the ladies and at the club. This person then also usually parties often, drinks, maybe rec drugs, on top of higher amounts of gear and compounds with a much cheaper and poorer diet then the competitor.

Are there exceptions, of course. Right now i would be considered a gym rat since i have never competed but would want to one day but since using gear have always ate healthy, never partied hard, drank, did rec drugs, and use sensible doses over the years. Just saying in general though of course and have yet to meet someone in person at the gym who is like me. They all just use tons of gear, have crap diets, party, and ask me WTF am I on and how much are my doses cus i look 10x better then them. I always explain my diet and in detail to them and they just shrug me off and walk away as if i'm lying and i must be doing at least 1g of test, .5 grams of tren, and 50iu/week of hgh.

in my opinion i would say top gym rats are more healthy, reasoning:

top gymrats generally:
pros:
usually are guys with top top genetics who don't need large doses to be very big
do not abuse diuretics or even have any interest in that kind of thing
do not force feed or eat ridiculous amounts of protein
do not use stimulants or harsh fatloss drugs like DNP

cons:
might like to party every now and then, some more than others
are more liberal with diet
may use recreational drugs more often

state/local competitors generally:
pros:
are more knowledgable about health regardless of whether they follow it or not
have more healthy diets

cons:
guys with subpar genetics try to use higher doses to compensate
use diuretics
use harsh stimulants/fatloss drugs leading up to shows
have unhealthy weight fluctuations (post contest rebound, etc)
force feed and have extremely high protein intake which can be harmful to kidneys

actually tmuscle most of the top competitors in my area like to party pretty hard too so I dont know if thats a factor that differentiates them

actually tmuscle most of the top competitors in my area like to party pretty hard too so I dont know if thats a factor that differentiates them

yeah, i actually have heard stories about guys who compete and abuse the hell out of recreational drugs/alcohol and narcotics and party hard too

guys like levrone and cormier come to mind, just to name a few big name guys

the answer is simple. will the competitor stop a compound because he's balding, his dick turning into a noodle, and having insomnia? competitors take bigger risks.

I think the competitors are less "healthy" than a gym rat because of the addition of the thyroid drugs and stimulants to get super lean. A gym rat doesn't need to bring his bodyfat that low to look really good but a competitor has to force his body to such an extreme level of bodyfat that it can't be healthy.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131