over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training techniques for each bodypart

The best way to do inclines is to use a smith machine, because it helps you focus more on the targeted muscle. One study from Illinois State University (Normal) reported that when subjects performed free-weight presses, they used more front- and middle-delt muscles than during machine presses. The researchers reasoned that this is likely due to the need for the deltoid muscles to stabilize the shoulder joints to balance the bar when pressing a barbell. Because the machine is on a fixed path, the shoulders don’t need to stabilize the shoulder joints. Less involvement from the delts means you can place focus more on the pecs for greater muscle growth.

Thank you, Emeric. Excellent advice as always

The best way to do inclines is to use a smith machine, because it helps you focus more on the targeted muscle. One study from Illinois State University (Normal) reported that when subjects performed free-weight presses, they used more front- and middle-delt muscles than during machine presses. The researchers reasoned that this is likely due to the need for the deltoid muscles to stabilize the shoulder joints to balance the bar when pressing a barbell. Because the machine is on a fixed path, the shoulders don’t need to stabilize the shoulder joints. Less involvement from the delts means you can place focus more on the pecs for greater muscle growth.

That study was on the flat bench, and you left out the part showing that free weight bench also had a higher recruitment of pecs and triceps...

That study was on the flat bench, and you left out the part showing that free weight bench also had a higher recruitment of pecs and triceps...

Yes, it was on flat, but we talking about isolation of the uper chest not triceps or sholder. Is the best to do free weight and incorporate smith in to your chest training for isolation.

Lets talk some tricep training!

Can we talk about these weighted pushups? Are u utilizing a weighted training vest? Or having a partner put plates/dbs on ur back?

Pushups are completely awesome - even with a partially torn supraspinatus tendon. Nothing else gives my pecs such a full and pumped look without hurting my shoulders.

But why didn’t anyone design a backpack-style implement to load plates in yet? Bands are great but only overload the top, weight vests are crazy expensive and you need specialized weights and it takes a while to add or remove load.

Pushups are completely awesome - even with a partially torn supraspinatus tendon. Nothing else gives my pecs such a full and pumped look without hurting my shoulders.

But why didn’t anyone design a backpack-style implement to load plates in yet? Bands are great but only overload the top, weight vests are crazy expensive and you need specialized weights and it takes a while to add or remove load.

I do my push ups under the smith machine.

I do my push ups under the smith machine.

Sounds like a good idea....

Although.....

Your Smith Machine must sit fairly low too the ground at the locking points?

The one I use, the stops are about 2½ foot from the ground.

It's world wide chest day Phil, lets hear about these chest exercises!

Mr. Hernon

Due to Mr. Hernon's vast bodybuilding knowledge & wisdom - cryptic at times, in order to force you to use your own brain - gleaned from his many years of training experience, has stimulated my desire to hire Mr. Hernon in the next couple of weeks. . .should have been at the end of last month [as mentioned in our emails] unfortunately, I was hit with an end of month bill!!!

Mr. Hernon, my offer - on top of the very affordable $250 - still stands in regards to a portrait of your daughter.

Sounds like a good idea....

Although.....

Your Smith Machine must sit fairly low too the ground at the locking points?

The one I use, the stops are about 2½ foot from the ground.

Use a bench under the smith machine, and keep your feet on the floor, it will fill almost like a decline press.

wow I can't remember the last time I did push ups. Do all of you really do those regularly? I rarely see big guys do them at the gym

You guys should try weighted ring push ups on the gymnastic rings set close to the floor. One my fav chest exercises

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner