over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training to Failure

He looks like he doesn’t train to failure…
Lol. Does anyone remember Jason blaha? No idea how he had a following but alot of smart guys respected him even with his physique and odd personality. Think he even lived with his mom.

Lol. Does anyone remember Jason blaha? No idea how he had a following but alot of smart guys respected him even with his physique and odd personality. Think he even lived with his mom.
I couldn't even stand to watch more than a few min of video. Does he still have a following? I feel like a lot of people hate him but I don't know the situation well enough.

I couldn't even stand to watch more than a few min of video. Does he still have a following? I feel like a lot of people hate him but I don't know the situation well enough.
I think he used to go by ice cream fitness. He has a following then everyone loved him because Layne Norton sued him. I'd say 80% of people who don't lift look better than him, not sure what his appeal was. Not even a scientist or degree in exercises physiology or whatever the term is.. kinesiology lol.

He looks like he doesn’t train to failure…
Not trying to be a dick.

Just curious.

What does somebody who trains to failure look like?

And don’t say ‘not like him’ 😉

Broderick Chavez does not appear to be a fan of training to failure. Sounds like he is more of a volume guy:
I never heard of him until I read about him here on PM. So, in my quest to learn more I looked into some of his content. Not exactly my cup of tea (mindset) but he obviously trains successful bodybuilders so.... I will just add it to my knowledge base and move along.
This description in that post is wild - I've listened to hours of Broderick Chavez interviews, I purchased his Sports HRT ebook, and there's never been a mention of competing in bodybuilding. His methods are not geared towards bodybuilding; yeah he's coached some guys but nobody of note and he hasn't taken guys and put physique-changing muscle on them.

Looking at his powerlifting contest history (https://www.openpowerlifting.org/u/broderickchavez) I see he competed at Lifetime Drug-Free Nationals in 2002 which doesn't look good since he claims to have been on PEDs for 20+ years.

Not trying to be a dick.

Just curious.

Like me. Like many of the guys on this board. Like many of the top pro and amateur bodybuilders.

The 'training to failure' issue doesn't really apply with Chavez because he has never been a bodybuilder. As a powerlifting he might train to CNS failure, but not pure muscular failure.

Finally, Chavez has to have the worst physique of anyone who's used PEDs for 20+ years. I've never seen him in remotely good shape, without a protruding gut, etc.

Not trying to be a dick.

Just curious.

Dense muscle… I equate intensity to how hard you push a set and if you don’t hit failure how intense is it really? Jp is a prime example of this. For the most part you can look at people and see who trains hard and who doesn’t

Reactions: D2
This description in that post is wild - I've listened to hours of Broderick Chavez interviews, I purchased his Sports HRT ebook, and there's never been a mention of competing in bodybuilding. His methods are not geared towards bodybuilding; yeah he's coached some guys but nobody of note and he hasn't taken guys and put physique-changing muscle on them.

Looking at his powerlifting contest history (https://www.openpowerlifting.org/u/broderickchavez) I see he competed at Lifetime Drug-Free Nationals in 2002 which doesn't look good since he claims to have been on PEDs for 20+ years.

Like me. Like many of the guys on this board. Like many of the top pro and amateur bodybuilders.

The 'training to failure' issue doesn't really apply with Chavez because he has never been a bodybuilder. As a powerlifting he might train to CNS failure, but not pure muscular failure.

Finally, Chavez has to have the worst physique of anyone who's used PEDs for 20+ years. I've never seen him in remotely good shape, without a protruding gut, etc.

Didn't mean to be misleading....was merely quoting his BIO on his personal website. Like I said, I know very little about him. But I have heard his name quite a bit in the BB circles and was sharing his view of failure. Not my view BTW...but I do find it interesting and I won't dismiss it as being productive based on his bio (assuming it is accurate). Bio off his website here:

Broderick Chavez​

Renowned and infamous US trainer to Olympians and IFBB Pros Broderick Chavez is a sports performance expert, biologist, chemist, coffee connoisseur and an insomniac = Evil Genius.
Broderick Chavez has actively worked in Sports Performance Field 30 years.
He has competed at a national level in bodybuilding, powerlifting and strongman, and has trained countless IFBB pros, olympians and athletes

Didn't mean to be misleading....was merely quoting his BIO on his personal website. Like I said, I know very little about him. But I have heard his name quite a bit in the BB circles and was sharing his view of failure. Not my view BTW...but I do find it interesting and I won't dismiss it as being productive based on his bio (assuming it is accurate). Bio off his website here:

Broderick Chavez​

Renowned and infamous US trainer to Olympians and IFBB Pros Broderick Chavez is a sports performance expert, biologist, chemist, coffee connoisseur and an insomniac = Evil Genius.
Broderick Chavez has actively worked in Sports Performance Field 30 years.
He has competed at a national level in bodybuilding, powerlifting and strongman, and has trained countless IFBB pros, olympians and athletes
I know it wasn't you being misleading, I checked his website last night and was equally shocked to see those things written on there. Again, I've listened to hours of interviews with him, read his books, and he's never once mentioned ever competing in bodybuilding himself. I don't know why he wouldn't if he had competed nationally.

Broderick has only recently gotten popular so unless there are some IFBB pros who are hiding themselves from the media....
I know he's been fairly popular within the Canadien scene with Robin Strand and Morgan Macdonald having him on their podcast quite a few times.
He's a powerlifting guy who got some BBing eyes because of his ties to Alex Kikkel, thats the first time ANY bber had ever heard of him.

I know it wasn't you being misleading, I checked his website last night and was equally shocked to see those things written on there. Again, I've listened to hours of interviews with him, read his books, and he's never once mentioned ever competing in bodybuilding himself. I don't know why he wouldn't if he had competed nationally.
Thanks, yeah I don't know much about him. I do know that Victor Black does not speak highly of him. But then again, many people do not speak highly of Victor Black for many of the same reasons mentioned about Chavez.

Thanks, yeah I don't know much about him. I do know that Victor Black does not speak highly of him. But then again, many people do not speak highly of Victor Black for many of the same reasons mentioned about Chavez.
Have you seen Victor Black's physique at 56 years old?

Have you seen Victor Black's physique at 56 years old?
Yes. I don't know the inner workings but from what I have read on IG, Black challenges the likes of Chavez, Mike Israetel, Dante Trudel and Jordan Peters to name a few. He seems to embrace the role of the guy who calls out "bro science" folks, especially when it comes to drugs. Ironically, Peters and Trudel are 2 guys I lean on when it comes to training. I am not a drug guy outside TRT, but I do strive to learn more about them. Overall when it comes to drugs, (outside TRT) I am neutral since I don't know enough to form a strong opinion one way or another.

His training philosophy is pretty much like Trudel's and Peter's.It was just their claims about certain doses and drugs he challenged.

His training philosophy is pretty much like Trudel's and Peter's.It was just their claims about certain doses and drugs he challenged.
Yes...he seems to agree with their training and disagrees with the "high volume" guys. Seems his beef is over their drug advice. But, right or wrong he doesn't pull any punches with his beliefs.

Just saw this on IG. Chavez is pretty emphatic about the importance of VOLUME
Humpty Dumpty should use that energy to get rid of those mom jeans and toe shoes.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws