over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training while with Gear..

Ali

Registered
Hey guys, i wanted to get some opinions as far as how your training my differ while using, compared to be natural? I obvioulys want to take full advantage of the time that i'm on and i know that doesn't mean i am completely in the clear of overtraining, but i have noticed my recover time is much better and i am rarely sore...if that means anything.

I am currrently on a 3 days on 1 day off split. So i work each body part out 2 times a week basically. Lower volume and higher frequency is what i like the best..however going to the gym 6 days a week can be taxing on the body...sometimes you need to take a mental break.

Curious to hear other peoples thoughts are

For me,

i train the same whether on or off, the weights used just vary a bit. I used to go to the gym 4,5,6 days a week and it would burn me out after a few weeks. I keep my lifting to 3-4 days per week now and the gains are consistent and i don't feel like crap all the time.

Lifting for me changes a little bit whether I'm blasting or cruising. When I'm blasting I like to do more advanced sets. Drop sets, rest pause, tri sets, etc. When I'm cruising I'll just stick to traditional sets. When I bulk I do 6-8 rep sets and when I cut I like to bump it up to 10-12 reps per set. That's the only difference. For me it works.

For me,

i train the same whether on or off, the weights used just vary a bit. I used to go to the gym 4,5,6 days a week and it would burn me out after a few weeks. I keep my lifting to 3-4 days per week now and the gains are consistent and i don't feel like crap all the time.

Yea, i'm considering cutting my time in the gym to 4 days a week, but then i feel guilty for not doing enough...or not taking full advantage of my cycle.

I know that's not the case, just a mental thing i have to get over.

i'm looking for a nice split where the frequency is high , yet i'm not in the gym 6 days a week

You know this is an interesting topic. When I was in my 20's and 30's I trained 5 days a week with 10-12 reps, pyramiding my sets. Now I am turning 47 and still training natty, but my lifts are higher and I am putting on more muscle. What changed for me was I now work each bodypart once a week. I use 8-10 reps to failure for back, chest and 6-8 reps for arms and shoulders. I use higher reps for legs right now because I am experimenting to see if they grow better.

I guess long story short is that I feel that because of the intensity of the way I work the bodyparts my body couldn't handle more than 3 to 4 days a week. I think 15 yrs ago I was actually overtraining.

There are many factors that should go into your decison on how to train while on gear vs while off gear or "natural". The biggest factor should be diet in my opinon. As we all know or should know diet is 85% of the battle while on or off of AAS. In my experiences you simply cannot use the same diet on AAS than you can off simply becuase you can burn and need more claroies on AAS than off, however when it comes to diet in my opinon you must be as diligent with it otherwise you will end up carrying far more excess fat. as a natty you know your limits on how many calories you need to eat in order to gain the most amount of muscle and least amount of fat.

While the same holds true on AAS, the point simple fact is you can consume more calories on AAS but its the type of foods you eat. I have seen many bodybuilders eat MCDonalds and all types of crap on AAS and think they can get away with it simply becuase they are on when this isnt the case. Bad calories are still bad calories and they need to be monitored the same while on than off.

As far as training goes i would take that by an age basis and adjust your training accordingly. Obviously you cannot train the same way as you ddid when you were 25 when you are 45. You can still train heavy or light, or long but not a combination of both. I think if you try even while on you will begin to place too much stress on your joints, ligaments, and tendons and break them down to a point where they can become permanently damages. although while on AAS even at an older age you do have the ability to recouperate from stressful intense workouts you will still need more rest inbetween sessions that you wouldnt necessarily need when you are younger.

In the end AAS are not the magic pill or injection that help you break past your barriers. Its how you train and what you eat and the AAS are just tha small nudge that push you over the egde. As we all know if you take AAS and do nothing are you going to end up like Ronnie Coleman? No. You'll end up like Larry the cable guy.

You have to adjust the other variables in your training to gain the maxium effiency from the usage of AAS at any age although AAS do make it easier even when your older.

that was a good article by Big A ...Never read it before, lots of good points, even if your not in begginger stage

I typically go 3 on 1 off but, of course this all depends on goals and schedule and when in the year im trying to peak or sometimes peaking twice..

There are many factors that should go into your decison on how to train while on gear vs while off gear or "natural". The biggest factor should be diet in my opinon. As we all know or should know diet is 85% of the battle while on or off of AAS. In my experiences you simply cannot use the same diet on AAS than you can off simply becuase you can burn and need more claroies on AAS than off, however when it comes to diet in my opinon you must be as diligent with it otherwise you will end up carrying far more excess fat. as a natty you know your limits on how many calories you need to eat in order to gain the most amount of muscle and least amount of fat.

While the same holds true on AAS, the point simple fact is you can consume more calories on AAS but its the type of foods you eat. I have seen many bodybuilders eat MCDonalds and all types of crap on AAS and think they can get away with it simply becuase they are on when this isnt the case. Bad calories are still bad calories and they need to be monitored the same while on than off.

As far as training goes i would take that by an age basis and adjust your training accordingly. Obviously you cannot train the same way as you ddid when you were 25 when you are 45. You can still train heavy or light, or long but not a combination of both. I think if you try even while on you will begin to place too much stress on your joints, ligaments, and tendons and break them down to a point where they can become permanently damages. although while on AAS even at an older age you do have the ability to recouperate from stressful intense workouts you will still need more rest inbetween sessions that you wouldnt necessarily need when you are younger.

In the end AAS are not the magic pill or injection that help you break past your barriers. Its how you train and what you eat and the AAS are just tha small nudge that push you over the egde. As we all know if you take AAS and do nothing are you going to end up like Ronnie Coleman? No. You'll end up like Larry the cable guy.

You have to adjust the other variables in your training to gain the maxium effiency from the usage of AAS at any age although AAS do make it easier even when your older.

VERY VERY good points here Nexus!

I decided

One a 3 way split where i train 4 days a week in the gym. Basically here is my split:

Mon - Chest/Delts/Tris
Tues - Back/Bis
Wed - Off
Thurs Legs
Friday Chest/Delts/Tris
Sat - Off
Sun -Off

As you can see each week a specific workout will be hit twice a week and keep rotating. This way i will have a higher frequency of hitting bodyparts 2 times every 8-9 days i believe it works out to be and the volume will be on the lower end.

I have been doing 3 days on 1 day off, but i feel my body needs a break from 6 days a week in the gym and i am curious to see if the added rest will help in progressing faster with the poundages.

Just thought i'd share for anyone interested. Any comments,suggestion or complaints lol are welcome :)

I used to do 6 days in a week and that was very taxing and proved to be too much for my body to handle. I was hitting each bodypart 2x a week. I think your program is ok. If you want to hit bodyparts 2x a week it's mainly to bring up lagging bodyparts. I would not train bodyparts that already outstanding 2x a week. JMO.

I used to do 6 days in a week and that was very taxing and proved to be too much for my body to handle. I was hitting each bodypart 2x a week. I think your program is ok. If you want to hit bodyparts 2x a week it's mainly to bring up lagging bodyparts. I would not train bodyparts that already outstanding 2x a week. JMO.

None of my bodyparts our outstanding lol i guess 2x a week will be needed lol

But yea 6 days works, i've done it in the past but sometimes you need a break from it and i think this added recover/rest will help. I'm still getting the frequency and keeping my overall volume low...taking some DC principles and applying them..honestly its almost like his 3 way split but without the RPs

It sounds like none of you are doing the workout program prescribed by Schwarzenegger, lol. It goes something like this: you have two workouts that last an hour and half to 2 hours (workouts A and B), and you rotate A and B throughout the week doing each one 3 times. For example, Monday A, Tuesday B, Wednesday A, Thursday B, Friday A, Saturday B, Sunday off, Monday A... so and and so forth. I tried doing workouts A and B twice per week long ago and it was impossible (that's 2/3 of the volume! and it was still impossible!) Anyone ever read "The Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding" by Arnold? It's a good read, aside from the workout routine suggestions. At least for me, they are. Maybe some people can do them on 3 grams gear per week and 10 iu's of HGH per day?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131