advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

traininig splits...Hitting each bodypart 2 or 3 times a week ???

chris250

Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
I remember LATS writing about a friend who was training each bodypart 2 or 3 times a week...He wasnt going to failure on each set...I think it was just one exercise for each bodypart but doing 3 sets, and changing the reps around set 1 would be 6-8 reps, set 2 would be 10-12 sets and set 3 would be 15-20 reps ??? I could be wrong, I need to find that thread...So it would look something like this on the split...

Mon and Thurs
chest, delts and tri's

tues and fri
all legs - quads, hams, and calf

wend and sat
back and biceps

Is this right or am I totally off base here...

I would just like some feed back on this type of routine...and I would like to know how this type of program would work...

chris

lol. looks very similar to something i am familiar with. bout all i can say though

lol. looks very similar to something i am familiar with. bout all i can say though

Ohhhh come on Edge !!! LOL !!! you can tell me...LOL !!!

LATS could you explain this more ???

well

since i hired Phil i am also training more frequently. It all comes down to stimulation --> recuperation --> stimulation etc etc. Your muscles need to be stimulated enough, but not to much. they have to be able to get stronger and heal properly. When you train you muscles multiple times per week, the intensity of each workout gets less. and with this i mean the number of excercises and sets.

There are lots of ways to train so anything can work. The point is to make sure whatever volume/frequency/intensity works towards building your weaknesses and that you train different aspects to avoid injury.

For example, if youve got huge awesome legs, then training legs 2-3 or more times a week is going to make you look out of proportion. If your back is your weak area, then more frequency on the back may be useful.

On the other hand, you can make those 2-3 sessions as voluminous as if you train it only once a week. You have to do less per session but your overall weekly volume is higher.

Additionally, not every session should be 12-15 reps. That kind of volume with speed up plateauing and can risk overuse injuries, esp if your muscle activation is off.

So for some sessions you may want to do low reps/sets for strength and density on one day, moderate reps of 6-10 for functional hypertrophy and strength, and then 10+ reps for hypertrohpy and endurance.

This is just one way to do things and it is really goal dependent.

Sometimes, yes.

This thread isn't about me or how I train though.

Its about training a bodypart 2 or more times a week, which you use to do/still do? so i hearby make this the official Shelby Training Thread.:D

Hey bro,
Your training style is like Big Beyond Belief Training isnt it?

I believe this is what im doing now (Edge would know) and its working great.

3 way

you could also go with this 3 way at 6 a week (3 on 1 off)

chest, delts , tris

calves, hams , quads,

biceps,forearms,back

off

repeat

wake

hire phil its a small fee but u will never regret it, you will hire him again and again

i am sorry.. i just now saw this.. the system can be done numerous ways .. my bud changes things all the time.. he will go to failure for brief times of about three weeks.. then he will stop about 1 rep short for the next 5-6 weeks.. he will hit the body part twice a week.. he sometimes experimented with 3 times but, the joints started to get irritated//.. his split recently has been a push/ pull split like you mentioned above.. but, in the past he did chest back and delts together alternating between exercises of each.. chest exerciase.. rest about two minutes then back exercise.. rest.. then a lateral.. rest.. back to chest ect ect.. it was just a case of stimulation and recup.. then stimulate again.. he does also take 1 week off after every training cycle.. so about every 8 weeks..

phil has been doing this most of his career... dante came up with a hybrid of his own.. there are many trainers on the web (waterbury being one of them) who also have somewhat similar systems..

my bud does do one thing though to try and prevent joint issues.. he will take one workout a week now and do higher reps.. the reps are just as slow as the heavier days but, with just less load.. usually 12 minimum and as high as 16 or 17.. sets are always 3 but, he will sneak in a forth if he is feeling cocky.. resp on his heavy days is a basic "pyramid" type... last set is usually in the 6 or 8 range(although lately he has been staying more in the 10-12 range).. the other day i talked to him and his back workout was just a set of incline db rows to failure.. then he immediately went to the chin bar and did a set of medium grip chins to failure.. that was it.. he said he did not want to more for back since he might not recup in time for the secon back work based on his superset.. but, that i s not his norm.. for the most part he has learned tha the workout is secondary or evne less to the diet and rest.. hit it.. get out.. then hit again.. there are many ways to hypertrophy.. he found one that suits his mentality and allows him to be consistant.. and that is all that matters in the loing run.. consistancy..:cool:

Last edited:
look into blood volume training-got a friend who is in with hany rambod and all his guys get great results with it.

I have not found a better method for putting on size than training a bodypart 2-3x a week. I have found that the UHT routine to be one of the better routines for hypertrophy.

I remember LATS writing about a friend who was training each bodypart 2 or 3 times a week...He wasnt going to failure on each set...I think it was just one exercise for each bodypart but doing 3 sets, and changing the reps around set 1 would be 6-8 reps, set 2 would be 10-12 sets and set 3 would be 15-20 reps ??? I could be wrong, I need to find that thread...So it would look something like this on the split...

Mon and Thurs
chest, delts and tri's

tues and fri
all legs - quads, hams, and calf

wend and sat
back and biceps

Is this right or am I totally off base here...

I would just like some feed back on this type of routine...and I would like to know how this type of program would work...

chris

I am in no way as qualified to answer this as some on this site. But, I can share my experience. I do see similarities with the concept of less volume more frequency, kind of like an element of DC.

I started doing some Westside stuff about a year ago. I do ME upperbody work on Mondays and do RE upperbody on Thursdays, I do RE lowerbody on Wed b/c I am much more developed down their. The neat thing is if I want to I can hit ME lower on Sat.

So I program around this, I try to push what I pull to avoid injuries, and also try to kind of instinct train. This also allows me the ability to adjust accessory work to get stronger around lifts where I fail. Like on ME Bench if I fail on the lower portion I adjust accessory work on Monday and Thursdays to get stronger in the hole, which seems to get me past my sticking point fairly fast. Then I re-evaluate and adjust where I need to or where I failed in the movement.

I follow a basic template, but will rep something out if I feel good about it, or hit a single or double or neg or pause...but Im not just chasing pumps all the time so there are kind of fixed efforts.

I had started all of this b/c I never really could not get my body to respond and grow. Plus my bench was weak so I was looking to blow that up. Training upperbody twice a weak has me growing and getting stronger.

I can lay out my programming if you would like. But, I can tell you, though this sounds good, and seems to be working for me. I am growing but I am by no means looking good or all that strong yet. But, it seems to be a point in the right direciton...for me. But, kind of makes sense to :)

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws