over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

TRUTH ABOUT STEROIDS PART 2

Wow this thread is nuts :eek:

but i have to agree with a couple people on here and reiterate a point

PSYCHOLOGICALLY ADDICTIVE = YESSS!!!

PHYSICALLY ADDICTIVE = NOOOO!!!

there is no way someone can compare them to meth, heroine, cocaine use, etc.

i am sure in some crazy circumstances, SOMEONE in there life has become both psychologically and physically addicted to them but to 99% of the population of steroid users...when they come off....there is nooo burning desire that will make them steal money and rob banks and do just about anything to get a fix of TEST E

but people DO break a BUNCH of laws to get their beloved juice. so i don't know if that can be part of your argument of why it is or is not addictive. i know guys that sell gear so they can get theirs for cheap, i know guys that do web cam muscle worship so someone else will pay for their juice, i know guys that break customs laws, possession laws, trafficing laws, all kinds of federal laws to have their juice or be able to afford their gh.

taking mass amounts of hormones changes your hormones. maybe puts them in amounts that make the user feel good. when the hormones go away and they get depressed or lose their mojo they want to get back on... that makes it sound physically addicting as well as psychological. thats my point in this thread. high dose testosteroone makes me feel good and there have been times when i was on and didn't even work out but felt better than when i tried to get off.... sorry to ad naseau....

yeah, this thread is crazy bro.
and 20 pages!?!? i know PHIL is so proud ;-)
-JS

i didn't know how to quote LUVMUHROIDS previous response to my post but my response is in bold.

it is easy to convince yourself steroids aren't addictive and aren't going to damage your life. being on a message board where we all help each other and discuss our favorite drugs and what they do for us etc etc. can't exaclty have a professionalcocaine.com message board and talk about all the great things about getting high but its kinda the equivalent.NO THEY ARE NOT i mean its all illegal NO THEY ARE NOT... STEROIDS IN THE U.S. ARE ILLEGAL TO POSSESS WITH OUT A SCRIPT BUT NOT ILLEGAL. COCAINE IS COMPLETELY ILLEGAL PERIOD AND A HALLUCINATE ADDICTIVE DRUG. DOCTORS DONT PRESCRIBE COCAINE.

but the way its talked about and how easy it is to get makes you forget how serious of an endeavor one is embarking on when plunging that first needle into their glute. this is the main reason i don't like young guys even thinking about steroids. they are too young to fully comprehend the damage they can do.

No, i don't think anyone ever looks in the mirror and say,"wow, i did it. i look perfect. this is exaclty what i wanted." PLEASE DONT SPEAK FOR ME OR THE ENTIRE BOARD. YES I DO LOOK IN THE MIRROR AFTER ALL MY HARD WORK AND DIETING AND BEFORE I STEP ON A STAGE AND AM HAPPY SAYING THAT'S EXACTLY HOW I WANTED TO LOOK.i said i DONT THINK ANYONE is totally satisfied cuz if you took a poll a VERY small amount of people (if anyone besides you) would admit to being satisfied. if you are easily satisfied with how you look pick another sport. cuz with that outlook you would get smoked on stage. but hey we can't all be over achievers;) seriously tho, most guys aren't satisfied and thats what makes some of them great and some of them dead
it will always be,"man, i coulda been a little bit leaner, a little bit bigger..."OF COURSE IT'S POSITIVE CRITIQUE SO YOU ADVANCE TO THE NEXT LEVEL OF COMPETITION so you say you are satisfied but yet you admit to thinking "a little bit leaner a little bit bigger" is good for advancement? well, kinda sounds contradictaroy to what you wrote above^ that you are satisfied with how you look... just saying...

it ended for me in the hospital for a check up and i had a ridiculous blood pressure reading and failed a kidney function test. I KEEP SEEING YOU CHIMING IN JS BUT CLAIMING DRUG ABUSE AND STEROIDS USAGE. WAS THIS FROM USING STEROIDS OR OTHER DRUGS? MAYBE YOU ALREADY HAD BAD KIDNEYS? RUNNING ORALS LONGER THAN YOURE SUPPOSED TOO? MAYBE FROM USING BOTH DRUGS AND STEROIDS THROUGH OUT YOUR LIFE? WHAT DO YOU THINK CAUSED YOUR BP AND KIDNEY DISFUNCTION?i have never used an oral and never will, nice guess tho. and its pretty much common knowledge steroids can cause high blood pressure while on and its also common knowledge high blood pressure can cause kidney problems.

AND being a father. all i could think about was my daughter not having me in her life all because i took up some selfish stupid behaviour that was completely self serving. SHE is more important to me than muscle or trophies or fame. i don't give a rats ass about that stuff compared to her. and i know she doesn't care if daddy is big or not famous or not winning or not. she just likes to sit on my lap and play with my whiskers while she is falling asleep. THAT is when it all stopped for me.

i don't really hav3e anything else to say cuz i don't care what anyone thinks. i simply shared my experience in this post in the hopes it might help someone. not to start a debate about anything. these were just my opinions. feel free to share yours but no need to direct them at me.
carry on to page 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so funny how much of a waste of time almost all of this thread is. fun tho.

-JS

Have you ever competed on a stage as a bodybuilder?

..when they come off....there is nooo burning desire that will make them steal money and rob banks and do just about anything to get a fix of TEST E
You don't think bodybuilders will stoop to those levels to get more juice? Have you ever heard of going "gay for pay"? Do you know how many friends have stolen from and screwed their friends and brothers over to get some cash?

(Note to self: maybe I've been on this board TOO long!)

Have you ever competed on a stage as a bodybuilder?

Lol. YES.
and i was never satisfied. i always wanted to be better. even when placing first and achieving a perfect score. it still wasn't good enough.

i don't care to get in any debate with you bro. in the words of BBOY," you do what you do and i am gonna do what i do."
from your posts you seem a bit younger than me and perhaps have not experienced the things i have and thats ok, but i have no wish to try to convince you of things you will just have to experience to understand.

i don't think i can convince you of anything. after all your name is "LUVMUHROIDS" well, maybe my name should be i "LUVMUHWIFE and child" so kind of a different perspective we have. and you are entitled to it. just don't care for a pissing match.
-JS

Last edited:
Hey man

Wow this thread is nuts :eek:

but i have to agree with a couple people on here and reiterate a point

PSYCHOLOGICALLY ADDICTIVE = YESSS!!!

PHYSICALLY ADDICTIVE = NOOOO!!!

there is no way someone can compare them to meth, heroine, cocaine use, etc.

i am sure in some crazy circumstances, SOMEONE in there life has become both psychologically and physically addicted to them but to 99% of the population of steroid users...when they come off....there is nooo burning desire that will make them steal money and rob banks and do just about anything to get a fix of TEST E

No offense, but who on here compared test to heroine?? Cocaine? Did you read all of this thread?

what show? Have pics?
Lol. YES.
and i was never satisfied. i always wanted to be better. even with placing first and achieving a perfect score. it still wasn't good enough.

i don't care to get in any debate with you bro. in the words of BBOY," you do what you do and i am gonna do what i do."
from your posts you seem a bit younger than me and perhaps have not experienced the things i have and thats ok, but i have no wish to try to convince you of things you will just have to experience to understand.

i don't think i can convince you of anything. after all your name is "LUVMUHROIDS" well, maybe my name should be i "LUVMUHWIFE and child" so kind of a different perspective we have. and you are entitled to it. just don't care for a pissing match.
-JS

what show? Have pics?

and what would that prove?
we are debating what addiction is and you want pics? this thread is a gem lol.
if you have 300 posts you should know by now i don't post pics for several reasons. hence just take my sig as proof that there is no reason for me to post pics. i think pesty has seen me and of course phil has. i hope no one else knows my face. i have a family to protect.
what is your agenda with even speaking to me directly in a post?
what are you after?
cuz i don't want anything from you.
not even a response.
-JS

Last edited:
and what would that prove?
if you have 300 posts you should know by now i don't post pics for several reasons. hence just take my sig as proof that there is no reason for me to post pics. i think pesty has seen me and of course phil has. i hope no one else knows my face. i have a family to protect.
what is your agenda with even speaking to me directly in a post?
what are you after?
cuz i don't want shit from you.
not even a response.
-JS

because you are on here assuming you know what every bodybuilder in the world is thinking. You weren't satisfied with your conditioning and now you assume we all think the same as you. So we all must go up on stage and think to our selves GOD IM NOT HAPPY I WISH I WAS LEANER AND BIGGER? Dude if bodybuilders thought that before they made it to weigh in's they wont make it to pre-judging. You do a lot of assuming and I want to know who voted and made you spokesperson for every bodybuilder in the world and on this board? You talk like no one here knows more than you because youre wiser and oh so older than all of us here so we should listen. So far I see a bunch of assumptions. And now I see you probably never competed? Phil is gonna have to pm me and convince me otherwise then. You need to speak for yourself and not for the entire board because from my old guy knowledge and experience in the bodybuilding community you are wrong about almost every thing you just said.

"I will tell you this, though. If you curse at me one more time, you're going out on your cosmic ass okay? I've put in too much time here and my days are too short to waste the time on foul-mouthed punks that simply like to listen to themselves speak."

First, I didn't "curse at you;" I used a curse word in a sentence that asked you a question. Second, you don't have to ban me; I'm leaving this board.

Calling me "a foul-mouth punk" shows your metal quite clearly and it demonstrates a clear lesson to anyone on this board who crosses you. So I'm sure others get the message.

When you disagree with someone it tends to take on pejorative tone which apparently stems from your feeling that you are a notch above the average board member.

Threatening board member in a derogatory manner is not what I would expect from someone who is supposed to be a notch above. And for using a curse word in a sentence

because you are on here assuming you know what every bodybuilder in the world is thinking. You weren't satisfied with your conditioning and now you assume we all think the same as you. So we all must go up on stage and think to our selves GOD IM NOT HAPPY I WISH I WAS LEANER AND BIGGER? Dude if bodybuilders thought that before they made it to weigh in's they wont make it to pre-judging. You do a lot of assuming and I want to know who voted and made you spokesperson for every bodybuilder in the world and on this board? You talk like no one here knows more than you because youre wiser and oh so older than all of us here so we should listen. So far I see a bunch of assumptions. And now I see you probably never competed? Phil is gonna have to pm me and convince me otherwise then. You need to speak for yourself and not for the entire board because from my old guy knowledge and experience in the bodybuilding community you are wrong about almost every thing you just said.

YES i have competed. would a well known person post on a board openly and give LE any reason to suspect he does illegal activity to be in the sport he is in? i dont think thats smart.

bro, you took my original post wrong. NO i certainly can't speak for ALL bodybuilders but i can say ALL the ones i know want to always out do themselves every show.
HOWEVER, for SURE i went up on stage and knew i had done my BEST and was presenting my BEST that i could at that moment in time and i am always happy if i know i did my best. but I am also my harshest critic and when i look at pics after the shows i always had thoughts like "a little more this a little more that" and so has EVERY competitive bodybuilderI KNOW.

i certainly did not mean to speak for you. i was speaking for all the bodybuilders i have known and know. they are always hungry. alwyas wanting to do better. so for that i apologize.

but YES i was always happy with myself at shows. i know i did the best i could but after the show i wanted to do even better. like you said, thats motivating to critique ones self with honesty and then set goals for next showing.

i apologize if you felt like i was speaking for you.i seriously didn't mean to offend anyone. most people generally assume we bodybuild to always look better than the last time but should always do your best every time.
weird its only you so upset about my comment. it was a pretty trivial comment really...
i will do my best to make CERTAIN you know i am only speaking for myself in the future.:)
-JS

Last edited:
Jhonny Smiles and others here,
First JS I want to say that what you said earlier is true for most competitive BBer's in so much that "we are never really satisfied with our physiques". There is always something more to do, or more to change, or bigger this and smaller that! Maybe it is partly because of the psychological effects of the AAS. Maybe it is just another manifestation of body dismorhpia that most of us have to varying degrees. Yes I too have competed for a number of years, perhaps not at your level but then I do not know you, but I tend to agree with most of what you are saying. I honestly believe that a large percentage of BBers are not/never will be happy with what they have. As we all know, one day Mr. X will appear and blow us all out of the water. It is inevitable. So I have no problem with you speaking for me in that regard, because you hit a nerve, very close to home and the truth.

OTH, Your description on page 18 could be any one of us. It is a story that holds true. I am of the opinion that AAS willl change your life both physically and mentally to the extent you describe. Many of us have busted up relationships and lay blame on the other one when in fact it is our addictive nature that drove those close to us away to begin with. Our thirst for bigger, leaner, harder, stronger is by itself highly addictive and personality changing.Throw Steriods into this volitile place in our minds and you have a time bomb waiting to go off. I think it is somewhat ironic that some on here are defnding the Non-addictive debate against steriods when perhaps these very people are the ones' whose addictions are clouding thier reasoning. Maybe I am way off, but In all my years and all my associations with others just like me..............well you know the rest!

I am enjoying this thread. I hope many of the people here can remain civil in the debate and not let emotions spill over.

First, I didn't "curse at you;" I used a curse word in a sentence that asked you a question. Second, you don't have to ban me; I'm leaving this board.

Calling me "a foul-mouth punk" shows your metal quite clearly and it demonstrates a clear lesson to anyone on this board who crosses you. So I'm sure others get the message.

When you disagree with someone it tends to take on pejorative tone which apparently stems from your feeling that you are a notch above the average board member.

Threatening board member in a derogatory manner is not what I would expect from someone who is supposed to be a notch above. And for using a curse word in a sentence
See this is the conflicting banter I was talking about. First you say, "from your feeling that you are a notch above" and then you say, I'm "supposed to be a notch above". Which is it? I didn't ask you to leave and I didn't ban you! But guess what? I'm an almost 6-year vet, VIP, and moderator so I am a notch above the average board member in rank. I'm no better than anyone else hear but I do have that experience and authority. You have learn to cope with that.

Well good luck to you in all things. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Last edited:
I have lost count of how many arguments are in this thread.... and I haven't even read the last few pages. 28 pages? :)

I wanted to reply to OUCHTHATHURTS responce to my reply. I was just simple saying that it does make peole react to them the way rec drugs do. Me and my partners are all between 35-45, grown ass men who react act that way. SO as far as me trying to be part of intelligent conversion thats just a smart ass remark buy someone who is sitting behind a computer screen. I am very accomplished in life, so don't be so quick to try and put someone down brotha if you don't know shit about them. 5 bd.room 2 story home on a acre 3 grandbabys, 8 pitbulls. So don't bash people homeboy for there remarks. I did not join this to have people talking that type of shit behind a computer screen. Hommie!!!

LOL.

I have lost count of how many arguments are in this thread.... and I haven't even read the last few pages. 28 pages? :)

although i think its a stretch:
bring it!:headbang:
-JS

I wanted to reply to OUCHTHATHURTS responce to my reply. I was just simple saying that it does make peole react to them the way rec drugs do. Me and my partners are all between 35-45, grown ass men who react act that way. SO as far as me trying to be part of intelligent conversion thats just a smart ass remark buy someone who is sitting behind a computer screen. I am very accomplished in life, so don't be so quick to try and put someone down brotha if you don't know shit about them. 5 bd.room 2 story home on a acre 3 grandbabys, 8 pitbulls. So don't bash people homeboy for there remarks. I did not join this to have people talking that type of shit behind a computer screen. Hommie!!!
Dude, I don't even know who the hell you are!

Wow, accomplished at what? It's obviously not proper grammar or spelling and honestly, if you feel you need to justify yourself over the internet, you've got serious problems.

I think the test levels of a lot of the guys in this thread must be too high, such anger!!!

Too many pages to read lol, so I'm just gonna say this, to me yes, steroids are addictive but not in the traditional way you would think of an addictive substance, this is what I've personally experienced myself, although I can stop after a cycle I can't wait for the next one to begin, I think because bodybuilders have set time lines between each cycle you don't crave it every day, but I bet if you miss your cycle you'd go crazy.
Anyway many people have also told me that they would stop taking steroids and yet after they finish the cycle they say "steroids are great, cant wait for my next cycle"!

so yes, they are addictive!!!

Do you remember in the movie Anchorman, where they are in the boss's office yelling about miss Corningstone....and Brick yells out "I DONT KNOW WHY I AM YELLING!!"...I thought that was funny as hell..this thread made me think of that....so this thread brightened my day..

JM

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner