Cinder

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Kibble?
Raw?
Grain free?
Fresh cooked?
Brands?

I do dry kibble. Lamb and rice. ( costco). Hard poop and no diarrhea, he is healthy and shiny coat. Sometimes I put a half cup of pumpkin puree in it. He loves it.

I do dry kibble. Lamb and rice. ( costco). Hard poop and no diarrhea, he is healthy and shiny coat. Sometimes I put a half cup of pumpkin puree in it. He loves it.
I used Purina prop plan lamb and oat formula. WSAVA guidelines stuff was of interest beyond just AAFCO standards. eukanuba and iams follow WSAVA guidelines too. I use a table spoon of 5 in 1 origins on morning meal, And a scoop of nutra thrive on evening meal.
I was thinking about one of those fresh cooked places but only one of them adds grains. I work in the veterinary practice. Too much heart issues with grain free diets. And Raw is just too tedious.

Dbol stuffed meatloaf smothered in Deca gravy!

I do 2 raw feedings a day and 1 cup kibble (bullymax) with some protein powder mixed in after exercise. Chicken and raw eggs in the AM and ground beef in the PM. Organ meats as a treat once or twice a week. Baked potatoes and carrots and celery is what he prefers as far as veggies and carbs go.

Taste of the Wild (Grain free) x2 per day, he prefers the bison and venison. Also add cooked meat and vegetables to his evening serving.

Carb Sources are(In order of prominace):

Rice
Oats
Yams/Sweet Potato
Potatoes
Berries
Bananas(used for supps/meds)
Apples(mainly for games and training my wife does almost daily)
Baby carrots
Cucumber
Peppers

Protein Sources no specific order:

Chicken
Beef
Pork
Hydro Collagen
Fish
A little egg here and there
Rice Protein
Pea Protein
Whey Iso
Dessicated Liver tabs as treats and supplemental calcium source
Bone broth if you want to count it as protein
Various Organ meats
Bones(supervised and non-poultry only beef)

Fats

Whats in the meat but most of it is pretty lean. We don't give chicken with skin or anything like bacon or such.
Olive Oil, this is used if the protein source is low/zero fat like the protein powders or bnls/skls chicken breast or tuna
Dyno-Vite

Supplements
Dyno-Vite
Calcium powder
Multi a couple times a week to cover any nutritional gaps.
Glucosamine
Glutamine

Prior to this we were at the Vet every month with horrible skin issues. It was too the point that they were going to just auto script cephalexin two weeks on four weeks off FOR HIS LIFE. This was going to be in addition to prednisone and Benadryl. We were spending a couple hundred a month at the vet and said fuck this. She was also going to be on script PPA and estrogen for spay incontinency. We used life-flo estriol cream and basically cured her of that issue. For him the diet above and more regular bathing has him down to once a year cephalexin(almost always when we travel to florida he flares up.)

It seems like alot but they basically eat what we eat so I just make more twice a week. It is cheaper than any food that actually worked for them and IMO far more nutritious than even the top shelf store bought. What we used to spend a month at the vet we now spend per year. All there labs are golden. I know I am forgetting a few things but this is the gist of it. If I peal a banana off the bunch or cut through a vegie in the kitchen they come running..............they eat better than probably 90% of Americans lol.

In case you have not guessed it we have no human children, lol.

Oh yea and a couple grams of fish oil a week lol. They like the gels frozen.

I feed my two dogs Acana.

One is on weight management and the other is Freshwater Fish.

Like @totalrecomp our dogs are our kids. I did a shit ton of research and my wife did not want to help me with prep and I didnt want to prep meals for me and my dogs.

After my research, Acana / Origin were the best bang for the buck with good ingredients.

I still give my dogs people food on occasion. Rice, bone broth, sweet potato, cucumbers, green beans, occasional eggs (scrambled, egg whites when I am cutting, etc), chicken breast, and fish, etc.

When my wife gets Sushi (way too often) I smuggle my dogs raw fish. Sushi grade.

Verus Maintenance with a tad bit of wet food ( USA made)

Carb Sources are(In order of prominace):

Rice
Oats
Yams/Sweet Potato
Potatoes
Berries
Bananas(used for supps/meds)
Apples(mainly for games and training my wife does almost daily)
Baby carrots
Cucumber
Peppers

Protein Sources no specific order:

Chicken
Beef
Pork
Hydro Collagen
Fish
A little egg here and there
Rice Protein
Pea Protein
Whey Iso
Dessicated Liver tabs as treats and supplemental calcium source
Bone broth if you want to count it as protein
Various Organ meats
Bones(supervised and non-poultry only beef)

Fats

Whats in the meat but most of it is pretty lean. We don't give chicken with skin or anything like bacon or such.
Olive Oil, this is used if the protein source is low/zero fat like the protein powders or bnls/skls chicken breast or tuna
Dyno-Vite

Supplements
Dyno-Vite
Calcium powder
Multi a couple times a week to cover any nutritional gaps.
Glucosamine
Glutamine

Prior to this we were at the Vet every month with horrible skin issues. It was too the point that they were going to just auto script cephalexin two weeks on four weeks off FOR HIS LIFE. This was going to be in addition to prednisone and Benadryl. We were spending a couple hundred a month at the vet and said fuck this. She was also going to be on script PPA and estrogen for spay incontinency. We used life-flo estriol cream and basically cured her of that issue. For him the diet above and more regular bathing has him down to once a year cephalexin(almost always when we travel to florida he flares up.)

It seems like alot but they basically eat what we eat so I just make more twice a week. It is cheaper than any food that actually worked for them and IMO far more nutritious than even the top shelf store bought. What we used to spend a month at the vet we now spend per year. All there labs are golden. I know I am forgetting a few things but this is the gist of it. If I peal a banana off the bunch or cut through a vegie in the kitchen they come running..............they eat better than probably 90% of Americans lol.

In case you have not guessed it we have no human children, lol.

Oh yea and a couple grams of fish oil a week lol. They like the gels frozen.
Holy shit man.
But that's great how much you do for kids.
What kind of dog?

Two rescue pits. He was four when we got him and then we got her a month later and she was about 11 months old. Went from zero dogs to two in under 30 days and both of us have owned zero dogs are whole life lol. It was a learn on the fly experience. lol

i was watching a vid of IFBB Pro Brad Rowe and thought it was funny he said he does keto diet so his dogs do too. buys em fresh ground beef and cooks it for em
-F

Purina pro plan Lamb and rice plus real food like beef, chicken, mixed with white rice. Sundays i get her wendy jr cheeseburgers and fries of course. Fk it. They only with us a short time

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131