advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What do you wish would change sbout the fitness industry?

The words "legislate" and "regulate" just make my skin crawl, for many reasons.

Bodybuilding has been, and will for the foreseeable future be, "experimental". There's no way to standardize it. No one here, no matter how health conscious, is flocking to hire a Brazilian "licensed" coach.

You couldnt afford one even if you wanted.

Legislate and regulate practicing of personal training, not bodybuilding. No one here wants to be trained by a felon who got a certification online and copy paste routines from youtube.

Legislate and regulate practicing of personal training, not bodybuilding. No one here wants to be trained by a felon who got a certification online and copy paste routines from youtube.

So in your ideal world someone like Charles Glass wouldn't be allowed to train anyone?

There are many criminals among the most popular trainers/coaches. So you saying no one wants to be trained by a felon is objectively false.

I dont know if it should require a degree. I think a lot of useless weight is put on degrees. or change what a degree is. I don't need social dance as a free elective to be a good coach if that makes sense. Teach all education almost like a trade. Engineers need math and science, not the history of basket weaving.
CSCS requires a bachelors degree in any subject... why? Why can't I get that certification without a college degree? How does a degree in hospitality management help me with that cert?
Of course it should !!!!!!!!! Injury gained from exercise from some wanna be coach after 3 days online course can fuck you up for a very long time.

So

So far obese politicians who need a script just to get through the day should determine who is qualified to train a person?

How about people hire the trainer they deem qualified? Choosing a personal trainer isn't rocket science it just requires some common sense.i don't want more of my tax dollars wasted so some fat cats can sit behind a desk eating mcdonald's collecting a government check while they review transcripts to make sure a trainer toolk anatomy, diversity 101, physics, chemistry, and food pyramid 101 so he can get a piece of paper that says "government issued trainer I make u fit"

I have a degree In exercise science I don't think 1 of my professors or classmates look like they lift.

But brother some of this guys can have more experience and knowledge than many of the personal trainers . Even top coaches that train top athletes they dont care about you and send you a basic protocol .

I dont know if it should require a degree. I think a lot of useless weight is put on degrees. or change what a degree is. I don't need social dance as a free elective to be a good coach if that makes sense. Teach all education almost like a trade. Engineers need math and science, not the history of basket weaving.
CSCS requires a bachelors degree in any subject... why? Why can't I get that certification without a college degree? How does a degree in hospitality management help me with that cert?
Bc it shows commitment to furthering your education. Simple as that. Sounds like you're bitter about not being able to get a cscs

Ag
I would regulate and legislate the industry in terms of quality standards of personal trainers/coaches. There is too much negligence and lack of professionalism. Too many losers who get a certification online and call themselves coaches. Other losers just by using steroids and looking "good", promote themselves in social media and then offer coaching without ever even having picked up a book in their lives.

At the same time there is too much arrogance. Too many people that think they know everything and they talk and speak with so much arrogance when in reality they are losers. Same goes in the world of people who workout. And that goes down to our culture. Americans are arrogant by nature. You cant tell anything to anybody. An average dude get his steroids on a locker room, goes to youtube to watch exercise videos, plus he modify some exercises and invent others, and put together a routine that in his mind, plus the steroids, will transform him into Arnold in 6 months. That is called Gym Fuckery. And nobody can question him. In his mind, he did his research and put together the best routine in the world, with trademarks exercises invented by him, while using the best steroids in the world bought at a locker room without even a label in the vial. Down the road he develops heart disease at 40 and lives on drugs for the rest of his life while doctors tell him "you're just a statistic, is normal to be ill"

In countries like Brazil every coach requires a University degree and a license to practice valid for one year. Strictly enforced in every single gym. And as part of the culture Brazilian people value having a coach rather than putting themselves at risk by copying shit from others and injecting oils without even knowing the science behind.
Agreed. Licensing should be required for trainers.

Social media for sure. There are SOOO many people who would not lift at all, let alone compete, were they not able to get attention and validation for it via social media. Now ultimately we get validation and attention in person, but chasing cybervalidation is still fundamentally different from in person.

Americans talking about dosages and underplaying the importance of pharmaceuticals in bodybuilding

"He has great genetics because he's a good pro, therefore if somebody with good genetics says he doens't use a lot of stuff he must be telling the truth". This is the dumbest most sub 90 IQ argument I hear that gets made all the damn time

Media shaming or otherwise negatively depicting serious/hardcore lifters and bodybuilders. I very seldomly meet people who conform to the negative stereotypes that are propagated about us.

Bikini class. Sorry, not sorry. Our culture is just too saturated with sexuality for this to be a thing. I want a real muscle contest, not a hotness contest.

Bc it shows commitment to furthering your education. Simple as that. Sounds like you're bitter about not being able to get a cscs
Your statement is patently false. I have 2 dozen certificates from programs in finance, management, networking, wireless networks, net+, A+, and security +. Harvard and MIT offer non degree certification programs through my employer which I've taken that are pertinent to my job.
I completed my junior year in a physics program at Widener University and was making more money than my friends with degrees while attending school full time. So I left school to pursue a career.

How exactly does my ability to solve riemann sums or apply field equations to describe spatial geometry impact my ability to learn how to train someone? Conversely how does an easier degree like communications or hospitality management qualify a person? By your logic, only STEM degrees should count for CSCS. If thats the case, then like a medical license, I'd agree.

I'd venture a hefty wager half of this board isn't capable of understanding the magnitude of cern's successful creation of quark-gluon plasma. And that that same half is much more versed than I am when it comes to steroid esters and peptides.
You're implying correlation when there isn't any at all.
And frankly you're incorrect in your assumption about my desire to get cscs. Cscs will do absolutely nothing to make me more money. It has zero impact on my current profession or future business.

So

So far obese politicians who need a script just to get through the day should determine who is qualified to train a person?

How about people hire the trainer they deem qualified? Choosing a personal trainer isn't rocket science it just requires some common sense.i don't want more of my tax dollars wasted so some fat cats can sit behind a desk eating mcdonald's collecting a government check while they review transcripts to make sure a trainer toolk anatomy, diversity 101, physics, chemistry, and food pyramid 101 so he can get a piece of paper that says "government issued trainer I make u fit"

I have a degree In exercise science I don't think 1 of my professors or classmates look like they lift.
I studied for a masters in exercise physiology and just want to say that all the guys in the department were fit and lifted. One professor actually competed as a bodybuilder. Another was a marathon runner and trained the Olympic rowing team as well as The Florida Marlins. All of them were brilliant too.

The bodybuilder taught at the medical school. Funny, all the female med students had a crush on him. Id sit back in the gross anatomy class and watch them all gush over him.

I would regulate and legislate the industry in terms of quality standards of personal trainers/coaches. There is too much negligence and lack of professionalism. Too many losers who get a certification online and call themselves coaches. Other losers just by using steroids and looking "good", promote themselves in social media and then offer coaching without ever even having picked up a book in their lives.

At the same time there is too much arrogance. Too many people that think they know everything and they talk and speak with so much arrogance when in reality they are losers. Same goes in the world of people who workout. And that goes down to our culture. Americans are arrogant by nature. You cant tell anything to anybody. An average dude get his steroids on a locker room, goes to youtube to watch exercise videos, plus he modify some exercises and invent others, and put together a routine that in his mind, plus the steroids, will transform him into Arnold in 6 months. That is called Gym Fuckery. And nobody can question him. In his mind, he did his research and put together the best routine in the world, with trademarks exercises invented by him, while using the best steroids in the world bought at a locker room without even a label in the vial. Down the road he develops heart disease at 40 and lives on drugs for the rest of his life while doctors tell him "you're just a statistic, is normal to be ill"

In countries like Brazil every coach requires a University degree and a license to practice valid for one year. Strictly enforced in every single gym. And as part of the culture Brazilian people value having a coach rather than putting themselves at risk by copying shit from others and injecting oils without even knowing the science behind.
Arrogance isn’t just common in America. I used to live in a largely populated Brazilian area and I can assure you they made most Americans seem modest by comparison.
I don’t care about a degree. Some of the best coaches learned in the trenches. Ask Jordan Peters how much he uses what he learned in school. I think he said almost nothing as far as nutrition. What kind of degree does Aceto or Skip Hill have? Where did Meadows get his degree? Hell even Elon Musk said for his company he doesn’t care about a degree or even use it for consideration.
In fact some of the worst people I’ve seen were physical trainers at the big box gyms and you have to have a degree to be a pt at most.
I completely disagree that regulating and getting government more involved helps much of anything. Hell our government appointed that con artist quack Dr Oz.
Who are the great Brazilian coaches and what champions have they produced with their degrees? Honest question.
Your last bit of rant has absolutely nothing to do with anything besides the fact that it annoys you and having government regulations won’t do a thing to change any of it. You know steroids are illegal in America without a prescription right? Yep good old intervention is just doing wonders in that area. Are you advocating for censorship as well? You know the kind that would shut down sites like this one.

wow is this false.................

How else is a bodybuilder or fitness person supposed to market themselves?
why do they have to market themselves. who made the rule that gym bros have to record their every thought, for likes? why is everything about making money or notoriety?

Today athletes depend on social medias to have sponsorships and to have that they need to do videos promoting brands . If they dont do that they lose is sponsors and if that happens they cant compete at highest level . In those days we cant be athletes like Dorian that lives like a just to eat , train and sleep . in that era they have huge sponsors from magazines , now athletes need to promote every day on instagram and youtube . it´s another era and the best athlete needs to be the best at gym and at same time the best promoting sponsors .

Today athletes depend on social medias to have sponsorships and to have that they need to do videos promoting brands . If they dont do that they lose is sponsors and if that happens they cant compete at highest level . In those days we cant be athletes like Dorian that lives like a just to eat , train and sleep . in that era they have huge sponsors from magazines , now athletes need to promote every day on instagram and youtube . it´s another era and the best athlete needs to be the best at gym and at same time the best promoting sponsors .
again, this is false. we dont depend on social media, not that I am at the top, but thinking thats how pros make money and thinking there are plentiful sponsorships..... like I said, false

Do you really think getting certified is some expensive hard to obtain goal?

Why wouldn’t I want to hire a felon who knew exactly what he was doing over some ? I’ve worked with coaches and never once did I even think to ask for their degrees. In fact that makes not a bit of difference. I only cared about their results and if we were a good fit for eachother.
Would you rather hire somebody with a degree who copied what good coach without a degree does?

When you say fitness industry, does that include online steroid forums?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear