advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What does your intermittent fasting diet look like for longevity purposes?

I like doing 18/6 just cuz it works

3pm- big meal 75g protein/15-20g fat

Lift 4:30-5:30
6pm- 100g protein from some whey/eggwhites/cod+rice
8:30ish- casein+96/4 beef around 75-100g

If you think about it, from waking to 3pm your doing fasted cardio from all your daily activities. I’m a nurse so I walk like 6,000 steps most days without trying to be active.

IF makes your “NEAT” draw from bodyfat moreso than liver glycogen especially after a few weeks adaptation

I never understood 16 hour fasts, it's only a few more hours longer than your average person fasts assuming they sleep 8 or 9 hours. I prefer adf, so Fasts are about 32 hours.

Anyone ever use clen during a fast to burn more fat?

A few days ago I did a 27-hour fast, I was not very hungry until I broke the 24-hour mark. During the period I did 2 sessions of cardio, 45 minutes of bike after 3 hours of fasting and one hour of walking when I had 22 hours.

Definitely could not have trained with weights, but I endure very well the lack of food.

I never understood 16 hour fasts, it's only a few more hours longer than your average person fasts assuming they sleep 8 or 9 hours. I prefer adf, so Fasts are about 32 hours.

what has your experience / results been like doing ADF?

Amen

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

what has your experience / results been like doing ADF?

Very good results. It all comes down to weekly calorie intake, but I find adf much easier to stick to than eating like a bird 7 days a week. Feeding days are enjoyable and 32 hour fasts are not difficult. No issues with fasted training just have a monster 0 calorie drink first for energy.

16 hours of fasting is a monumental challenge for the average person, lol.

Definitely, it seems easier to do a fast of 28-48 hours to achieve a caloric deficit than a tipical contest diet, but mentally, it is not an idea that I can easily accept. Without a doubt, I would not like to lift during that period, you would be catabolizing muscle and the workout would be stinky.

Based on arm measurements I haven't lost any muscle. I think on a deficit you will not be gaining anyway so its irrelevant. Add in a good dose of hormones catabolism should not happen. Now Gaining is a different story. When I do adf I time training at the end of the fast so after training I begin feeding so I'm getting calories at the most beneficial time.

Add in a good dose of hormones catabolism should not happen. Now Gaining is a different story.

Well, I do not take hormones, but I would prefer to do fasting on NO lifting days.

I have messed around with ADF and such but I personally prefer to stretch the fasting to 18-20 hours everyday and one day I push it to about 24 hours on a non-training day.

From all of the research I've done the longer you fast the better and you likely do need to push it to 18-20+ hours to really reap purported health benefits. This is especially true as we get into the controversial topic of autophagy and IF.

I find the research fascinating, and while I think much work needs done I've seen positive changes in all my bloodwork. I'm a skeptic by nature but I'm more than intrigued by the benefits of this eating style and where the research is going for health benefits.

Very good results. It all comes down to weekly calorie intake, but I find adf much easier to stick to than eating like a bird 7 days a week. Feeding days are enjoyable and 32 hour fasts are not difficult. No issues with fasted training just have a monster 0 calorie drink first for energy.

my question is how many calories do you break the fast with. Obviously with the standard 16/8 diet you are fitting in normal same calories just in smaller window. Even 20/4 you can do that. So how about with the 24 hour fast.

my question is how many calories do you break the fast with. Obviously with the standard 16/8 diet you are fitting in normal same calories just in smaller window. Even 20/4 you can do that. So how about with the 24 hour fast.

I am cutting on 2400 calories per day, so 4800 about on my eat days and 0 on my off days. It is much more pleasurable to me to just fast one day then at a real amount of calories the next, than eating 2400 every day and feeling like I am eating like a bird day after day after day.

To some 2400 calories may be ok, to me its hell. So I much prefer to fast then eat a real days calories, 4800 the next day.

2400 is a tease. its like saying you know a hot girl and she comes over to make out every single day. id rather her come over every other day and fuck and do the real thing.

Does anyone know if IF has shown actual digestive benefits? I see so many bodybuilders with big guts, pounding a meal every 3 hours has to be HORRIBLE for digestion and the gut. Another reason why I think IF and ADF are superior

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131