over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What happened 1990-1991?!?!?!?

Periactin only works for a while. It's OTC here and cheap.

Makes you sleep, which subsides after a while as well.

First time you use it makes you really hungry.

Megace (Megestrol acetate - form of progesterone) and Remeron (anti-D) were thrown around back in the 90's with periactin as appetite stimulators.
I tried periactin (scripted) and made me groggy, and remeron (samples from the doc) which was actually sedating, never tried the Megace.

Phillips and Michael Mooney (who had HIV and lost due to his own choice of assisted suicide) were those who publically wrote about them at the time I think with Duchaine maybe as well in MM2K.

As mentioned above by Pusher if you take enough 'slin you'll eat for hours it seems and be bloated beyond your mind.

Never tried Ghrelin for appetite but sure would have been nice to have it or MK-677 back in the day when heavy cycling and training balls to the wall, for those periods the appetite just kinda shut down.

Oh yea - left out pot, never really see it mentioned -even since it's more socially acceptable now and legal in some states, but guys used to talk about it as the secret for restarting appetites even though it was looked at as the same category of hard drugs back then.
Never tried it as back then the only form was smoking it vs the edibles now and other stuff vaping oils etc, and just never around it.

Megace (Megestrol acetate - form of progesterone) and Remeron (anti-D) were thrown around back in the 90's with periactin as appetite stimulators.
I tried periactin (scripted) and made me groggy, and remeron (samples from the doc) which was actually sedating, never tried the Megace.

Phillips and Michael Mooney (who had HIV and lost due to his own choice of assisted suicide) were those who publically wrote about them at the time I think with Duchaine maybe as well in MM2K.

As mentioned above by Pusher if you take enough 'slin you'll eat for hours it seems and be bloated beyond your mind.

Never tried Ghrelin for appetite but sure would have been nice to have it or MK-677 back in the day when heavy cycling and training balls to the wall, for those periods the appetite just kinda shut down.

I remember having a hard time sleeping back in 2002 and a girl I knew from either the 'gade or 'bolex from the east coast sent me some Remeron.

took 15mg the first night and I slept from 10pm that night till 3pm the next day. 15 freakin hours of dead sleep. woke up and literally ate about 80% of the food in my kitchen. didn't keep a lot of food in my kitchen back in those days, but still... I ate everything. 3 frozen Tonys pizzas, 2 boxes mac n cheese, can of ravioli, the rest of the bread,like 1/2 loaf with butter sugar and cinnamon. I even remember eating a can of creamed corn, can of green peas with butter and salt, and a can of green giant string beans with salt and butter.. and I couldn't wait till my ex got home to go out for dinner. lol. thank god I had the day off that day. I was hungry like that for a good 3-4days straight. i only took 1/2 a tab that night and slept earlier and still slept passed 11am (didn't have clients till about 2-3pm) and i ate till i left for work, at work, on the way home from work, and again from the time i got home till i fell asleep that night (didn't take one that 3rd night). it was f'n insane I'd never been that hungry in my life.

Pusher,
Iabadman mentioned this in a post recently, and I was thinking the same thing after reading a few of your posts. Did you work with Maverick back in the day?

I remember one poster about 15 years ago playing with insulin as a gh releaser. Take a shot and go hypo until you can't stand it anymore and then eat. Insulin has been used to assess gh release this way, "insulin stimulation test" I think it's called.

That's just F'n nuts!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Pusher,
Iabadman mentioned this in a post recently, and I was thinking the same thing after reading a few of your posts. Did you work with Maverick back in the day?

I know the name from like 98-'01 but can't recall doing any business with him.

How much are we talking about in your case? Most I tried was 50iu Lantus and maybe 70iu Humalog in a day.
One of my training partners can do Humalog at say 15iu before and 15iu after training and he complained about it killing his appetite for a post-training solid meal. He would go a bit hypo often because he just didn't feel like eating, and usually this guy has a huge appetite.
Never tried the gh releasing products because I was never offered them locally.

Anyone else here notice appetite reduction from insulin?

I remember one poster about 15 years ago playing with insulin as a gh releaser. Take a shot and go hypo until you can't stand it anymore and then eat. Insulin has been used to assess gh release this way, "insulin stimulation test" I think it's called.

that's exactly what I was doing from 99-03. by '04 I'd kinda backed off the insulin. I'd do 1-2 "big" shots a day of 15-24iu of Humulin-R, which is/was a big dose if you're not running GH. Never did it with the intent on releasing GH though, just did it so I could pound down an enormous amount of food. guys would think I was lying when I said I'd do 45-65iu a day "there's no way you can take that much and not die or be diabetic.. etc..", and nowdays you have guys saying "100-200iu" a day.

ironically, these days insulin doesn't seem to have nearly the same effect it did back then for whatever reason. my bloodsugar tests have always been perfect since, so I have no idea what the cause may be, but I just don't use it much anymore.

Last edited:
that's exactly what I was doing from 99-03. by '04 I'd kinda backed off the insulin. I'd do 1-2 "big" shots a day of 15-24iu of Humulin-R, which is/was a big dose if you're not running GH. Never did it with the intent on releasing GH though, just did it so I could pound down an enormous amount of food. guys would think I was lying when I said I'd do 45-65iu a day "there's no way you can take that much and not die or be diabetic.. etc..", and nowdays you have guys saying "100-200iu" a day.

how many times per week were you doing this?

how did you setup breaks? Did you take any things like metformin or berberine?

Last edited:
how many times per week were you doing this?

how did you setup breaks? Did you take any things like metformin or berberine?

usually everyday.

would take a break about once every couple months at first, then about once every 4-5months for about 2-3weeks until I could get a pump "naturally" in the gym again.

hate metformin. gave (still does) me a 'metallic' feeling in my head & mouth sorta like a migraine.

Never used berberine.

I don't know if he was honest, but that's what he wrote then. Milos was more open but Chad impressed me as someone who would bs a bit or not tell the whole story in public, but I don't know.

Check this out

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXgseMvlivy/

My hunch was right, he would BS a lot. Like when he said he didn't believe in dextrose but liked fructose instead. Now, that story on IG is probably BS as well, super special $100 dextrose my ass :D
Now guys are going to try to "extract" that gel because that's what Ronnie used :D

Last edited:
Hany dissed Chad awhile back on IG. Said he learned what NOT to do from Chad, such as the pie filling thing.
Probably why Chad wrote that IG post to save face, how he fooled that "up and coming nutritionist" too.

Remembered this Duchaine interview: :D

Sandwich: Chad Nichols…

Duchaine: (interrupts) Ahh, Chad Nichols…

Sandwich: He seems to be the number one contest prep guru for the top bodybuilders. And for those readers who do not know what a prep guru does, or, in this case, what Chad does, please tell us what this means. You were a very famous prep guru at one time, too.

Duchaine: A contest "coach" is being the babysitter of a 250 lbs. baby. Its that simple. You are almost holding their hand. Most of the advice is three words: "don’t do that." (chuckles) They will call you up and ask for your approval of the wackiest shit in the world! "I really think I need the cheesecake now!" "Don’t do that." That’s all he does! "And give me my three thousand dollars now." That’s all Chad does. He says, "don’t do that," "don’t eat," "eat now." Oh yeah, I’ve seen some of his contestants, and he’s done some pretty wacky stuff, and really stupid stuff, like fruit carb-ups. Fruit carb-ups so bad they are shitting out green from too many bananas!

Good find Killer .....pretty much what Phidias said earlier ...none them are on honest ...lol ......you are master of finding good things to share ......appreciated .......being a bber or trainer is like being a stripper .....you lie for living ....lol ....I have been there and done that as well .....you are kind of in a tough spot if you don't on some level ......nothing to take personal everyone is just doing the best that they can for themselves [ or so they think ] Be worried about your own self and what you are doing ......because in reality nothing else matters.....you can only experience you when you see this other people aren't that important they are just interesting expressions of the same thing that we all are ....lol.......but nice find bro .....oh the drama of the guru life ....lol ....too funny

Good find Killer .....pretty much what Phidias said earlier ...none them are on honest ...lol ......you are master of finding good things to share ......appreciated .......being a bber or trainer is like being a stripper .....you lie for living ....lol ....I have been there and done that as well .....you are kind of in a tough spot if you don't on some level ......nothing to take personal everyone is just doing the best that they can for themselves [ or so they think ] Be worried about your own self and what you are doing ......because in reality nothing else matters.....you can only experience you when you see this other people aren't that important they are just interesting expressions of the same thing that we all are ....lol.......but nice find bro .....oh the drama of the guru life ....lol ....too funny

Yeah I just find it funny, such a ridiculous thing to lie about, whether you use dextrose or fructose. :rolleyes: But what's even funnier is how guys hang onto every word a guru such as Chad says. As if some special dextrose has anything to do with how his athletes look.
A lot of times how an athlete peaks is just pure luck, nothing to do with science or some special food or drug.
So whatever the truth is with this pie filling thing it's bullshit on many levels. :D

That is golden truth right there my friend ......getting into shape is hard and not easy when drugs are involved ....most of the time it is luck no matter how good a prep guy is ......you cant predict the body it is changing all the time and everyone handles the journey and stress differently .......I am good at dieting people , I have done it since I was 15 ....but it is all just guess work and experimentation .....in the end .....it is easier for natties .....when you play with hormones it is all just chance imo ......nothing acts the same twice and what worked one week might not work the next ......I would never say I know what I am doing .....I just can read and counter what someone's body is doing because I have done it for so long .......the guys I named in the other thread .....do it for a living and I super good at it ......but you are correct .....a good guy can get you into shape if you do the work .....but peaking and looking your best is up the GODs imo ......lol.....otherwise we'd see great conditions all the time [ in fact it is very rare ] even the best guys in the world hardly ever hit it right .....Ronnie had maybe 4 looks where he was really on the rest of the time he just was better overall .....same with jay ..Heath is great but he had a couple meh yrs ......I have seen many guys a local level pealed before they go on stage ....change nothing and look just ok , and I have even seen it the other way around ........it is all timing of the bodies processes , hormones , and water levels ......getting that perfect is not going to happen much if often ....

I've never used a drug as powerful as an appetite stimulant as insulin. Ghrp2,6, MK677, EQ, weed... nothing. Insulin is, to me, absolutely unmatched in terms of appetite stimulation. Anyone who says otherwise didn't use enough IMO.
how much did u use mate ?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Professional Muscle mobile app

I remember seeing these guys in magazines as a kid and thinking if I could only talk my mom into buying me whatever mass gainer they were adverising at the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Professional Muscle mobile app

Strydom could put away the food like it was going out of style back then and did and with that gh usage the next time he was showing up onstage he was 263lbs in the WBF shows.

At the 3 minute mark.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsKXp7extT4&t=3m0s[/ame]

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member