YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What signs do you look for before ending a "bulking" phase?

jpkoepse

Registered
Obviously looking fat and not having abs would probably be the first and most straightforward sign...

I've been "bulking" for a few months now... 224lbs @ 5'7" after weighing 190 on stage. I've got calories up just over 5k and can't gain weight for the life of me. I've been throwing more crap food in and even simple sugars to get in more calories on some days but my appetite is just going to crap. I still have some abs and feel like I could go up another 5-8 pounds before looking like it's time for a cut... shut it down and back off or keep pushing?

It's not about weight, it's about progression in the gym. When you start to overreach and can't beat your logbook, it's time to start cruising. Obviously getting too fat will just completely destroy this process, and your nutrient partitioning will be crap.

Keep an outline of your abs + eat caloric surplus+ beat logbook + take compounds like GH, synthetine, and green tea extract to keep body fat at bay, and you can keep blasting for 6-8 weeks and cruising for 2 weeks. But blasting and cruising, I mean growing and maintaining, not AAS terminology. Getting bloods back in order after doing a heavy blast will take longer than just 2 weeks, and it's a different can of worms.

Just my thoughts

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Grow on the lowest dose possible , if growth stops , add a little food , then add a little hormone and continue until its time to cut.

whatever hormones you are on start there
remove the junkfood first , when fat loss slows , add a little hormone , when fat loss stalls remove carbs from a meal furthest from your training and add a little hormone and one and on

this should allow you to maintain muscle and lose fat , maybe even add some muscle

Would you say it's time to cut if I've upped calories, hormones and weight still isn't budging? Training was going great and lifts where all going up until a few weeks ago where I slightly pulled a pec, then next lift pulled a muscle in lower back from deadlifts... my only hesitation is that I still look semi lean and feel that I could afford to put on some more weight if possible.

Would you say it's time to cut if I've upped calories, hormones and weight still isn't budging? Training was going great and lifts where all going up until a few weeks ago where I slightly pulled a pec, then next lift pulled a muscle in lower back from deadlifts... my only hesitation is that I still look semi lean and feel that I could afford to put on some more weight if possible.

what hormones are you taking??

depending on your diet and training times I'd add 10iu Humulin-R pre workout.

THIS IS GOLD

Grow on the lowest dose possible , if growth stops , add a little food , then add a little hormone and continue until its time to cut.

remove the junkfood first , when fat loss slows , add a little hormone , when fat loss stalls remove carbs from a meal furthest from your training and add a little hormone and one and on

this should allow you to maintain muscle and lose fat , maybe even add some muscle

sooooo many people will read this but still wont get it. this is perfect logic hear. imo this is best way to do it.
-F2S

Professional Muscle - View Profile: DOGGCRAPP

Here you go the man himself the king of the bulking plan. Look threw his posts and threads. So much gold coming from this man. Also has YouTube vids and Justin Harris used to be big on Dantes principles search him too. Troponin.

Your welcome

I end the bulking phase when the vial is empty!

Here is a local guy im helping compete this year (Classic Physique), its his first year to compete but has 7 years use with AAS and 16 years training.
He has always done "bulking cycles" and "cutting cycles"
In November he wanted to run a "big" bulking cycle , had an elaborate list of gear some wack ass diet that would make him fat as fuck. He asked me to look at it and we had a long discussion. Well I talked him into the protocol above and he added some size (his legs lag badly)

The first pic is where we started his "cutting cycle" , he was running 300mg test 400mg EQ then we switched to 250mg Test , 200mg Mast , 200mg Primo 100mg Tren a week

Second pic is 8 weeks later , 8 weeks out from a show currently running 500mg Test , 400mg Mast , 300mg tren a week as well as 1 Serostim HGH 2x a day.
At 4 weeks out we'll probably ad 100mg to each and 50mg winstrol a day through the show.

He has had ZERO calorie reduction since he started his prep , getting 300g Protein , 120g fat , 100g carbs per day and is doing ZERO cardio so far because he does a lot of physical activity at work.

16 weeks out

8 weeks out

Don't get caught up and Bulking and Cutting , look at it like growing then seeing what you built.

Here is a local guy im helping compete this year (Classic Physique), its his first year to compete but has 7 years use with AAS and 16 years training.
He has always done "bulking cycles" and "cutting cycles"
In November he wanted to run a "big" bulking cycle , had an elaborate list of gear some wack ass diet that would make him fat as fuck. He asked me to look at it and we had a long discussion. Well I talked him into the protocol above and he added some size (his legs lag badly)

The first pic is where we started his "cutting cycle" , he was running 300mg test 400mg EQ then we switched to 250mg Test , 200mg Mast , 200mg Primo 100mg Tren a week

Second pic is 8 weeks later , 8 weeks out from a show currently running 500mg Test , 400mg Mast , 300mg tren a week as well as 1 Serostim HGH 2x a day.
At 4 weeks out we'll probably ad 100mg to each and 50mg winstrol a day through the show.

He has had ZERO calorie reduction since he started his prep , getting 300g Protein , 120g fat , 100g carbs per day and is doing ZERO cardio so far because he does a lot of physical activity at work.

16 weeks out

8 weeks out

Don't get caught up and Bulking and Cutting , look at it like growing then seeing what you built.

Why was he running low dosage of primo briefly? Wouldn't it be a waste unless u do up to 600 mg of primo for 16 weeks to yield some significant results?

Why was he running low dosage of primo briefly? Wouldn't it be a waste unless u do up to 600 mg of primo for 16 weeks to yield some significant results?

He was planning to run it longer and increase the dose but its only 100mg and he doesn't like the shots.

Primo doesn't just sit dormant in your system for 16 weeks until it starts to kick in , nor does it sit there until a specific dose is reached.
Saying that taking anything less than 600mg for less that 10 weeks is like saying taking Masteron if you are above 10% body fat is pointless , Masteron doesn't have so reaction to fat that renders it useles , you might not be able to see its "hardening effects" untill you fat is lower but thinking that its not doing anything is just dumb.

All these "Bro laws" are in line with "You can't cut on Deca and D-bol" , "you can't bulk with tren and winstrol" , or my favorite "you can lose fat and gain muscle" or "calories in vs calories out" or "you can't get stage ready with no cardio" , "you can't grow without carbs"

it all made up bullshit that has been taughted as facts

He was planning to run it longer and increase the dose but its only 100mg and he doesn't like the shots.

Primo doesn't just sit dormant in your system for 16 weeks until it starts to kick in , nor does it sit there until a specific dose is reached.
Saying that taking anything less than 600mg for less that 10 weeks is like saying taking Masteron if you are above 10% body fat is pointless , Masteron doesn't have so reaction to fat that renders it useles , you might not be able to see its "hardening effects" untill you fat is lower but thinking that its not doing anything is just dumb.

All these "Bro laws" are in line with "You can't cut on Deca and D-bol" , "you can't bulk with tren and winstrol" , or my favorite "you can lose fat and gain muscle" or "calories in vs calories out" or "you can't get stage ready with no cardio" , "you can't grow without carbs"

Loving all these posts from you lately. The man speaks the truth!

Man, you are posting some SERIOUS knowledge, brother!

Man, you are posting some SERIOUS knowledge, brother!

I wouldn't say knowledge , I'm just a very skeptical and not real trusting person , if something doesn't make sense to me i instantly question it and try to validate it.

Im very fortunate to be able to chat with an IFBB pro competitor now and then who is very health conscious and ae share several same interests (Shooting and horae power)
i heard him explain to a younger guy (gear head to) to look at your body like a motor and steroids as nitrous.

You can take a stock motor and spray a 200 shot of nitrous to it and make good gains , say 200hp , but if you stack a second 200 shot by itself , you will not gain 200 more horse power , you will gain some but not the full amount. Now if you tune the motor right and add more fuel (nutrition) then you can take advantage of that full second shot. If you steadly add a little bit of nitrous and do not add more fuel then you will definitely add horsepower (size) but it won't be in line with the shot (Dose) and you will eventually lean out the motor to much and blow it up.

Start with a solid motor (diet and training) tune it as much as you can to build the most power your can by changing up fuels and such , once its buring as much fuel(Nutrients) you can and are are making the most power you can (size) add a 200 shot of nitrous and retune to suit the new needs. Tune everything , add fuel (food) adjust the timing (training) till everything is running as best it can making all the power you can then add a second shot and start again.

yes i m in. I see lots of people bulk with so much calories and go fat.
your body needs time to grow even if you juice

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner