advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Which pro bodybuilder impressed you the most in person?

Kai Greene no question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just insane.... are those crocodile strap suspenders ????? lol :D

Last edited:
Jay Cutler...super aesthetic and big, comic book superhero-ish and cool
Ronnie, Akim Williams....UNREAL SIZE, like how do guys get this big and cool
Kai...also unreal size, cool...shorter before he was a pro, grew a few inches
Bruce Patterson...sick/stupid bicep peak
Big Sean Allen...big, tall, eclipses anything/anyone behind him
Marvin Ward...biggest shortest guy I've ever seen
Dave Palumbo...most vascular, veiny guy I have ever seen
Tracy Greenwood, Denise Masino, Davana Medina...female comic book looking

Met or know a bunch more, but these are the most impressive I've met/remember

Ronnie for sure. But Gunther was extremely nice, we'll dressed, personable. I would emulate gunther.

Truth be told... Bodybuilders as a whole are some of the nicest folks in person. I have met about dozen pro's over the years - both in and out of the gym, and all of them have been completely approachable and nice.

Keep in mind that I am NOT speaking of the fame seeking internet bodybuilding personalities of late (Bostin, Piana, ect..).

Bodybuilders as a whole are also much nicer to their fans than professional athletes and famous folks.

Never met a pro..

At least there's a 99% chance I would be taller than them.

I would assume Kai, Dallas, and Ramy would be pretty damn impressive. They carry so much muscle, it looks exhausting.

Kovacs was largest human ever seen
Seeing how much terrible shit Nasser ate all day 4 weeks out from o
Mike francios was incredible
Palumbo probably most muscle, had cross situations everywhere at 315 and was eating an entire McDonald's bag full of fries
I was at 98 Olympia when Ronnie won first time and was most incredible everything and talked to him lobby of hotel next morning and couldn't of been nicer
Flex wheeler looking little in clothes and riduculos on stage after claiming he hadn't even trained in 6 weeks.
Dennis Wolfe and branch Warren had a different grainy look than anyone else ever seen.
Jay Cutler probably coolest, he asked if he could have seat beside me at Jr nationals. Was movie type seats and I had to hold it down for him because he couldn't reach around

what was nasser eating?

First pro I met was Mike Matarazzo in either 91' or 92' at a basketball game. Years later saw Greg Kovacs and couldn't believe all that mass on a 6'4" frame.

My first close encounter with the pro was Vince Taylor. He was in a supplement store I didn't know he was in there and I just saw this big ass forearm behind some people and as I walked closer and saw the whole Vince-Astonishing!!!! All this time magazines and videos don't even come close to seeing someone at that caliber in person.
Some years later I had the pleasure of meeting Jay Cutler twice, Ronnie Coleman twice, Gunter Schlierkamp once (great complexion) and his wife Lim Lyons (a 10), Jojo Ntiforo once, Daniel Rocha a few times. All great people on a whole other level, off the planet!
Does anyone know if Pros still do supplement store or other appearances? I don't do any social media.

Sent from The Iron Pile

I saw victor richards when I was 14 with my uncle at a gym in sacramento. That's why I started training. Guy was a freak. Even by today's standards

Saw Dillett in either 97 or 98 and he was insane. Ruhl was crazy too - He blew my mind because I talked to him outside the venue for a good while and I swear he chain smoked damn near a pack. Very funny guy. But as far as pure freak to me Freakenstein was the one.
Coleman was cartoonish and Matarazzo had arms and calves that literally looked stupid they were so huge. All of this was late 90's

Edit - Nasser was insane too.. looked like his head was sitting right on his traps - no neck.

Last edited:
Dorian in '94. Mind blowing size.

He was the only guy I've seen in person who looked like the effort to walk had to be pre meditated since his legs were so big they had to swing around each other to get one foot in front of the other.

what was nasser eating?

From Nashville to Knoxville he ate at a Logan's type steak house, an Ardys where he got couple roast beef and baked potatoes, threw away the bread but loaded potatoes with sour cream and toppings then at a place called Perkins when got to Knox. That was all I'm about 4 hours then someone brought him a pecan pie that night and he ate whole thing saying it was his cheat . Said at point in his prep he had to get a lot of calories to keep his weight from dropping out. He was 315 I think. Was very nice

+1

He could barely catch his breath when talking... :(

He carried a little electric fan with him. They said he was eating a load of bread at every meal. At the Arnold If you wanted pic with him you had to sit in chair beside him because he was to worn out to stand. Not trying to bash the guy, just little things I remember. Nasser was at the guest posing with him and told some stories about travelling with him but those can be found in interviews online.

Dorian in '94. Mind blowing size.

He was the only guy I've seen in person who looked like the effort to walk had to be pre meditated since his legs were so big they had to swing around each other to get one foot in front of the other.
Wish I could have saw him, I only saw him at 98 Olympia and he was already down sized. I

1993 I did the Teenage Class at the NPC Excalibur in San Diego and sitting in the Lobby signing 8"x10" pics was Nasser. He looked so uncomfortable sitting at that little card table. Then my buddy elbowed me and told me to look under the table and there was some 20"+ calves staring at me! lol I had an old 110 camera back then and Nasser let me take a pic of his calves under the table. lol

Then in 1996 I went to the NPC Palm Springs Classic and after words we went out to a restaurant for dinner and leaning up against the bar drinking a bottle of water was Vic Richards. Guy was so unbelievably big and of all things was wearing slacks, white V-neck under shirt and suspenders! hahaha

Both guys looked like they were from another planet to me when you are a 185lbs Teenager!

Good times!

Last edited:
1993 I did the Teenage Class at the NPC Excalibur in San Diego and sitting in the Lobby signing 8"x10" pics was Nasser. He looked so uncomfortable sitting at that little card table. Then my buddy elbowed me and told me to look under the table and there was some 20"+ calves staring at me! lol I had an old 110 camera back then and Nasser let me take a pic of his calves under the table. lol

Then in 1996 I went to the NPC Palm Springs Classic and after words we went out to a restaurant for dinner and leaning up against the bar drinking a bottle of water was Vic Richards. Guy was so unbelievably big and of all things was wearing slacks, V-neck and suspenders! hahaha

Both guys looked like they were from another planet to me when you are a 185lbs Teenager!

Good times!

I find it hard to believe that you were ever 185 :D...maybe in 6th grade

Ron Love and Lee Labrada...I didn't want to get in their way but they were both easy to chat with.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws