over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Which progression scheme for compound movements

My split is now based on shoulder/biceps recovery limitations, this means I never train anything upper body two days in a row. All this really means is I use a slight variation of the DY split:

M: Shoulders+Triceps
T: Off
W: Back
T: Off
F: Chest+Biceps
S: Legs
S: Off

For my main working set, I don't think I ever go below 10 reps on compound movements, maybe 8 reps on some isolations movements and that is before forced reps. I typically do 1-2 forced reps on my main set.

I may do a lighter set after my main set but I often do not. I actually often do my lighter set before my main set, a typical pyramid type progression, but this is only for injury prevention reasons, so I can't go as heavy on my main set. More and more I just stick with strict HIT only one set though and it works.

This is from the point of view of a 46-year-old who has been lifting for 30 years and is focused on injury prevention first and size second. I'd go down to 4-5 reps (plus forced reps, 7-8 total) if I was in my 20s.

I do 5 exercises for back, 4 for chest, 4 for triceps (don't know why), 3 for biceps, 3-4 for quads, 2-3 for hamstrings, 3 for calves, 2 front delts/2 side delts, 4 for forearms.

Thanx.

I am 46 yeaers old to with very very bad schoulders and 2 biceps tear ( left bij elbow, right off by shoulder). What i found is that is really hard to keep size in legs at 46 so maybe training them more often helps, do you have the same with 46? rear delts with shoulders or back training?

Thanx.

I am 46 yeaers old to with very very bad schoulders and 2 biceps tear ( left bij elbow, right off by shoulder). What i found is that is really hard to keep size in legs at 46 so maybe training them more often helps, do you have the same with 46? rear delts with shoulders or back training?

Rear delts with back, my legs are doing pretty well, I put a lot a work into doing squats in the most mechanically beneficial way, and maximizing quad activation, I don't go heavy on squats though, I get the heavier work on leg press.

I’m in 100% agreement with what Kaldryn said above. I don’t believe low reps is the most ideal for hypertropy either. I always got the most outta heavy weight and for reps. But I work my way up to one all out set and then either end it there or just add an intensity technique like a rest-pause or drop set after to get even more reps in! But what I learned is when your Working a muscle group you don’t need to do 3-4 warm up sets before your final set for each exercise. After your first exercise you should have a good amount of blood flowing and pump
Going on with the Muscle so for the rest of your exercises for that muscle grip won’t need to waste so many sets to get to that final “all-out set”! Last thing I wanna mention is i now have a really good training partner who we feed off each other competing against one another non stop pushing each other and it helped my gains and is leaps and bounds

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131