advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why are more people not doing extremely high protein diets?

• Certain vegetables, especially nightshades such as tomatoes, potatoes, and eggplant
  • Certain nuts and seeds including cashews, peanuts, pumpkin, and sunflower seeds
  • Grain-fed and farm-raised animal proteins
  • Beans and legumes
  • A1 dairy products
I eat plenty of those and dietary dry cheeses, sour cream, cottage cheese, and butter but not big on milk. If there's inflammation, I don't feel it. Hope not. 😬

Re: Spinach

It may be low in lectins but it’s also high in oxalates - lol. Yet another problematic offender connected to all sorts of inflammatory issues.

Think kidney stones, joint pain, digestive and circulation issues and other issues.

I applaud the forward thinking efforts of these Carnivore pioneers diving into the actual research and going against the dogma that we have all been indoctrinated into buying as if it were gospel.

Plants can be healthy choices for sure and they affect everyone differently of course; but they are not as benign and healthy as once thought.

I eat plenty of those and dietary dry cheeses, sour cream, cottage cheese, and butter but not big on milk. If there's inflammation, I don't feel it. Hope not. 😬
I indulge in quite a bit of foods from that list as well without evident issues. Possibly not the healthiest choices ever, but after 30 years in this game if you give me cod + rice or egg whites + puffed rice cakes six times a day I can easily become a vomiting volcano.

I indulge in quite a bit of foods from that list as well without evident issues. Possibly not the healthiest choices ever, but after 30 years in this game if you give me cod + rice or egg whites + puffed rice cakes six times a day I can easily become a vomiting volcano.
Yeah same. I definitely need some variety.

Looking at studies, there seems to be almost zero adverse outcomes a surplus of protein.

I just found this study today and it’s super interesting. People partaking in resistance training all lost fat AND gained muscle in a calorie surplus. Almost in a linear manner, the more they are protein the better. Even in the 800 calorie surplus group in the charts at the bottom, they lost fat.

Why are there people pushing more moderate protein diets or higher carb?

I prefer higher protein, but the more protein you intake past a certaun point, the harder it is on your kidneys.

Yeah does seem that higher protein intakes worsen eGFR. Which is a measure of a byproduct called creatinine.

Creatinine is a waste product caused by dietary protein and muscle breakdown.

So when interpreting the research the question is how much weight do we want to place on the importance of eGFR rather than something like Cystatin-C test.

I'm not saying any of this is wrong I'm just posing the question.

You’re mistaken. Individuals with healthy kidneys do not have issues with high protein diets, even extremely high protein diets. Those with compromised kidneys do.
Exactly. This is similar to the myth that high sodium diets lead to hypertension. They don’t. High sodium diets only adversely affect people who are already hypertensive.

You’re mistaken. Individuals with healthy kidneys do not have issues with high protein diets, even extremely high protein diets. Those with compromised kidneys do.
This.

but what does that have to do with it 😅 - we're talking about the amount of protein

in this video is exactly what he ate all day
If you have never dined at a steakhouse with the chalk still on your upper back are you really hardcore????? #TrapChalkLife

Here is another report supporting this:

New to this board, just been going through some old posts. Saw this one from Dante:

"I personally disagree with every single person on this thread about low protein intake while trying to gain the most muscle mass. Its like you all have forgotten 50 years of something working. Do you know what has proven the test of time? That steroids work. That lifting progressively works. And that higher protein intake works. Do you think the millions of bodybuilders would do it if it didnt work?!?! They did it because it worked for the last 50 years! If things dont work (they fall to the wayside over time) You can argue about it all day long because some of you dont personally want to do it but the fact is virtually EVERY SINGLE MASSIVE bodybuilder from the last 50 years used higher protein amounts to get there. From Mccarver to Dorian to Francois to Palumbo to Sandoe to Coleman and on and on, you name the over 250lb bodybuilder and they usually took in at least 60 grams per meal. Have you guys ever seen a massive vegan bodybuilder?!?! No? Gee whiz i wonder why!

There are a bunch of guys on this thread who for health reasons or (digestion, etc) who want to speak out loud to convince themselves and others that what they HAVE TO DO now is working....or their whole belief system goes in the garbage can. Noone told you that you had to eat red meat 6 meals a day!!! You decided to go that route. Cant digest the high protein diet you used? Then thats your fault!!! You should have found proteins you can digest well. Protein powders bloat you? Again your fault!!! You needed to find out the protein (pea, egg, micellar, isolate etc) that agreed with you. Now that you take in an abundance of carbs do you stay with carbs that bloat you and you cant digest? NO? Why not? You did it with protein didnt you?!

50 grams of protein, 100 grams of protein...I cant even believe what I am reading here. CHECK THE SCOREBOARD! Every single massive bodybuilder did it with high protein in his formative years! Now i look around in comedy at all the pro's and top trainers who say you dont need high protein and what is the resounding fact?! Every single one of them built their physiques with high protein in the beginning and now and only now that they have size they are saying "low protein, higher carbs"....really? Why the heck didnt you do that when you were putting on your size then?

So many people fool themselves into thinking what they are doing now is what made them. Maintenance is not gaining! The whole problem with this argument is the modern day bodybuilder uses so many drug milligrams that they convince themselves that whatever "they are doing" is working. It is the exact same thing as saying "Look i can train in a pool curling milk jugs of sand and its working!" Of course it is working! Your on drugs! Take your drugs away for a good amount of time and I guarantee you a bunch of you would sing a different tune on alot of things....including diet.

I see this whole modern day bodybuilding movement saying "you dont need to lift that hard anymore", you dont need to eat that much anymore" to get big......its pure comedy. Of course its easy to do it now when you load up a turkey baster to exceed all plateaus. That wasnt done far and wide in the old days when guys got after it training wise and took in alot of protein all day and the drug dosages were 1/4 to 1/2 of what is used now. Want to know the greatest single lab experiment ever done on bodybuilding in the history of the sport? OBSERVE! Go to 1000 gyms across america and observe 99% of the gym goers who "dont train very hard" and "dont eat very much"....do you see anyone getting huge? No, no you dont!

The biggest thickest heavyweights and superheavyweight bodybuilders from the 90's to now ...virtually all of them took in large amounts of protein, and virtually all of them trained heavy for reps.....it worked then and it still works now............its straight out ludricous to me how many super large people get total amnesia and forget totally how they got super large in the first place. They tell everyone what they are doing "now"...which is by and large a comfortable way of eating for them. "Now" also means you havent put on any size in the last 5 years also for most of these guys. Who cares what you are doing now...thats not what you did to get that way! Do you see any of the various large bodybuilders that are proclaiming today "you dont need much protein" gaining any appreciable muscle mass over these last recent years? They haven't changed one bit in size have they? Think back when they WERE actually gaining a bunch of muscle mass...what were they doing? Eating large amounts of protein. But they have convinced themselves and YOU that what they are doing nowadays is working. The scale and the mirror doesn't lie. Most of these guys are the exact same size they have been for the last 5 years. And they totally forgot what they did in the VERY years that they were gaining all that muscle mass, which for most people was in their first 5-8 years of training (which again was high protein and heavy weights)"

It's expensive, inconvenient, and difficult to stomach.

Now if money isn't an issue then you can get rid of the second two issues. Just used hydrolyzed whey that's easy on the stomach, keep your favorite beef jerky stocked in the pantry for when you don't want to cook, etc.

A super high protein diet is also usually a lot of meat and fat which is hard on digestion a well balanced diet is easier to digest

seriously? egg whites, chicken and turkey breast, cod.. i don't see a lot of fat and digest at lightning speed lol
Correction a super high protein diet with taste and flavor is often a lot of red meat beef and pork and processed meats and dairy which can be slow to digest and high in fat. I agree tasteless low fat white protein sources probably digest easier and quicker. But what exactly is considered extremely high?

I used to just eat meat before I realized the importance of glucose I like to get my carbs now.

Correction a super high protein diet with taste and flavor is often a lot of red meat beef and pork and processed meats and dairy which can be slow to digest and high in fat. I agree tasteless low fat white protein sources probably digest easier and quicker. But what exactly is considered extremely high?

I used to just eat meat before I realized the importance of glucose I like to get my carbs now.
we are on a bodybuilding forum.
We dont eat for taste and flavor :)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear