over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Yates and Layne not agreeing with each other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well

Seems to me like Yates was the arrogant disrespectful one in this instance. I don't know what you guys are reading or smoking...pretty clear cut

I have a question for you.........as you posted this in a thread a while back

" Hey guys

Did a bicep injection for the first time on Tuesday mid-day. It was 150mg/ml test/mast/tren mix (50 each)--1cc total. Felt ok going in but did notice some mild pain and throbbing a couple hours later and that night. I woke up Wednesday and it was more painful and starting to get red. It's now Thursday night and the redness and swelling has continued to spread. I have redness going all the way down to the top of my forearm almost and it's quite swollen. Also very warm and extremely painful when straightening my arm.

I've had infections in the past and I am not sure what to make of this. I also noticed tonight that there is some pitting edema when I press on it. And I have a headache...but I dont know if that's a coincidence...i get headaches kinda often.

I have antibiotics (keflex and bactrim) hand but am hesitant to take them prematurely and have to be stuck taking them.

My temp is 99.1. At first I wasn't worried because of how quickly the symptoms came on, but now with the pitting edema and headache, i am concerned".

You came here asking for advice because you injected yourself in the bicep..........now you tell me who is the one smoking.

" Hey guys

Did a bicep injection for the first time on Tuesday mid-day. It was 150mg/ml test/mast/tren mix (50 each)--1cc total. Felt ok going in but did notice some mild pain and throbbing a couple hours later and that night. I woke up Wednesday and it was more painful and starting to get red. It's now Thursday night and the redness and swelling has continued to spread. I have redness going all the way down to the top of my forearm almost and it's quite swollen. Also very warm and extremely painful when straightening my arm.

I've had infections in the past and I am not sure what to make of this. I also noticed tonight that there is some pitting edema when I press on it. And I have a headache...but I dont know if that's a coincidence...i get headaches kinda often.

I have antibiotics (keflex and bactrim) hand but am hesitant to take them prematurely and have to be stuck taking them.

My temp is 99.1. At first I wasn't worried because of how quickly the symptoms came on, but now with the pitting edema and headache, i am concerned".

You came here asking for advice because you injected yourself in the bicep..........now you tell me who is the one smoking.

Ouch, :D

" Hey guys

Phil you are a perfect example of someone who made it to a "high level" who is not the brightest on the block. You should just be thanking your parents every day, because without them, you'd be just another gym rat.

Like most of your posts, how is this even relevant? I make a thoughtful reasonable post, and you respond with this. I dont understand HOW you are still allowed to post here.

Layne is a pompous ass at times........is he smart, yes.......but he makes leaps in calculations that need to be factored together a bit better first before forming his conclusions. Funny how he pokes fun of Dorian about using the Mr O title..........yes he refers to himself as Dr. Layne Norton.

Phil, first let me say that I respect the shit out of you for what you've done in bodybuilding, as a diet coach, and as a business man. Now in all fairness asside from Laynes bodybuilding career, he is a Dr. and just like your old website use to say, "Phil Hernon IFBB," as well your Avatar, I feel that Layne has deserved to call himself a doctor. Just like letting the world know that you are an IFBB pro because you have earned it and I'm sure its great for you business (training and Ergo), Layne has every given right to let people know that he has a Phd as I'm sure it's good for his business too.

As far as him being a pompous ass which I can't comment on BC I haven't seen that side of him, no disrespect, but you can come off as an ass sometimes too due to your no BS and straight forward attitude. As I said before, I mean no disrespect towards you and I hope you don't take offense to my comment. Has Dorian more than solidified his place in the sport, ABSOLUTELY! The guy has won the "world series," six times and to this day still continues to give to the sport. We can agree that gym work, strict dieting, and hard work over shadow science, but to be fair science does have it's place in this sport

I have Layne speak poorly about BB's that use drugs, but what does everyone expect? He's a successful natty bb'r that feels very strong about natural bb'ing and I see no problem with that.

" Hey guys

Btw, why dont you explain this point you're trying to make. I've had cellulitis a few times and one of the HALLMARK signs is pitting of the infected tissues. This doesn't generally happen with an irritated injection site. My concern was VERY valid, based on my past infection history and my symptoms. And either way, isn't that the point of this forum?

Well

Phil you are a perfect example of someone who made it to a "high level" who is not the brightest on the block. You should just be thanking your parents every day, because without them, you'd be just another gym rat.

Like most of your posts, how is this even relevant? I make a thoughtful reasonable post, and you respond with this. I dont understand HOW you are still allowed to post here.

I do not think anything you do, actually, is thoughtful and reasonable. Look at you, a walking pharmacy and bacteria factory, but no contests? Injecting into your biceps? They are infected and you have a fever but " what do I do Pro Muscle???" Ok Jack......forehead meet wall

Yes

Phil, first let me say that I respect the shit out of you for what you've done in bodybuilding, as a diet coach, and as a business man. Now in all fairness asside from Laynes bodybuilding career, he is a Dr. and just like your old website use to say, "Phil Hernon IFBB," as well your Avatar, I feel that Layne has deserved to call himself a doctor. Just like letting the world know that you are an IFBB pro because you have earned it and I'm sure its great for you business (training and Ergo), Layne has every given right to let people know that he has a Phd as I'm sure it's good for his business too.

As far as him being a pompous ass which I can't comment on BC I haven't seen that side of him, no disrespect, but you can come off as an ass sometimes too due to your no BS and straight forward attitude. As I said before, I mean no disrespect towards you and I hope you don't take offense to my comment. Has Dorian more than solidified his place in the sport, ABSOLUTELY! The guy has won the "world series," six times and to this day still continues to give to the sport. We can agree that gym work, strict dieting, and hard work over shadow science, but to be fair science does have it's place in this sport

I have Layne speak poorly about BB's that use drugs, but what does everyone expect? He's a successful natty bb'r that feels very strong about natural bb'ing and I see no problem with that.

No offense taken.......but just for fun, go back and reread my post. Now, apply it to my LBAs.....he said they were stupid and silly back 5 years ago........THEN, 2 years ago, he promotes the use of them. See, he thought I was just trying to sell something.......so in my book, he jumps to conclusions. Thats pretty much what I said............right?

I do not think anything you do, actually, is thoughtful and reasonable. Look at you, a walking pharmacy and bacteria factory, but no contests? Injecting into your biceps? They are infected and you have a fever but " what do I do Pro Muscle???" Ok Jack......forehead meet wall

What is a walking pharmacy?

What do you know about me and my past infection history? Nothing? yes that's right

I dont know what you are talking about. Everything you say confuses me. And how do u know anything about me competing or not? Seriously, what is wrong with you?

99.1 is not even a fever, so no i didnt have a fever. That is the whole point. It wasn't clear cut. WHAT IS YOU DAMN POINT. I don't understand anything you say man.

Last edited:
No offense taken.......but just for fun, go back and reread my post. Now, apply it to my LBAs.....he said they were stupid and silly back 5 years ago........THEN, 2 years ago, he promotes the use of them. See, he thought I was just trying to sell something.......so in my book, he jumps to conclusions. Thats pretty much what I said............right?

Layne uses LBAs?

Well

Btw, why dont you explain this point you're trying to make. I've had cellulitis a few times and one of the HALLMARK signs is pitting of the infected tissues. This doesn't generally happen with an irritated injection site. My concern was VERY valid, based on my past infection history and my symptoms. And either way, isn't that the point of this forum?

What is your point arguing about what Dorian says to Layne if I decide to give my opinion on your hero? Layne calls himself Dr.......Dorian calls himself Mr O.......believe me, MR O is MUCH HARDER to do than get a PHD. Now, injection biceps and continuously getting infections and asking what is wrong entails no more than an elementary education....possible 6th grade......and I finished mine so I know.

Well

What is a walking pharmacy?

What do you know about me and my past infection history? Nothing? yes that's right

I dont know what you are talking about. Everything you say confuses me. And how do u know anything about me competing or not? Seriously, what is wrong with you?

99.1 is not even a fever, so no i didnt have a fever. That is the whole point. It wasn't clear cut. WHAT IS YOU DAMN POINT. I don't understand anything you say man.

If everyone else knows what I am saying but I need to keep stopping to clarify for you, then may I ask who the stupid one is?

i think what phil was saying about the phd thing was that he was saying he didnt lean on his doctorate to prove points but yet he constantly does do that. thats always practically been his "gimmick" that he trains and trains people by using "science". but in actuality not all scientific studies hold water when it comes to bodybuilding, id trust someones real world experience like dorian or phil over someone who was getting all of their knowledge out of a textbook full of studies done on untrained males in a controlled setting. and lastly, layne nortons been on the boards since i can remember in 04 and he has always been an arrogant, single minded deuchebag. if you disagree with him, he'll try to cut you down with his science and phd. hes gotten into alot of arguments with respectable, knowledgeable people on some boards and talked to them like they were dumbasses. hes one of those guys who tries to sale themselves as "hire me, im the guy who doesnt use the same methods as every other successful bodybuilder in history and ive got the science to prove it". he needs to stick to staying on bb.com and preaching to the ignorant kids there.

What is your point arguing about what Dorian says to Layne if I decide to give my opinion on your hero? Layne calls himself Dr.......Dorian calls himself Mr O.......believe me, MR O is MUCH HARDER to do than get a PHD. Now, injection biceps and continuously betting infections and asking what is wrong entails no more than an elementary education....possible 6th grade......and I finished mine so I know.

You clearly don't get it. Layne doesn't USE HIS TITLE AS A QUALIFICATION OF KNOWLEDGE. He puts it in front of his name, which is NORMAL. Wow. WTF is wrong with you. Saying HIT works and the proof being "i'm 6x mr O" IS NOT PROOF OF SHIT. That is the goddamn point. Using a title is NOT comparable to using your title as evidence in a debate. How do u not understand that? You are impossible to argue with because you don't debate you just say what u want and it's totally irrelevant. This thread was about the debate and my post was reasonable. YOURS was not.

Please don't get into education with me. I dont even want to discuss yours bc it will be a joke. I got a few infections because I carried MRSA on my skin. And for some reason it didn't die when I swabbed it well with just alcohol so I now use chloraprep swabs. Is 6th grade where u stopped? LOL

You clearly don't get it. Layne doesn't USE HIS TITLE AS A QUALIFICATION OF KNOWLEDGE. He puts it in front of his name, which is NORMAL. Wow. WTF is wrong with you. Saying HIT works and the proof being "i'm 6x mr O" IS NOT PROOF OF SHIT. That is the goddamn point. Using a title is NOT comparable to using your title as evidence in a debate. How do u not understand that? You are impossible to argue with because you don't debate you just say what u want and it's totally irrelevant. This thread was about the debate and my post was reasonable. YOURS was not.

Please don't get into education with me. I dont even want to discuss yours bc it will be a joke. I got a few infections because I carried MRSA on my skin. And for some reason it didn't die when I swabbed it well with just alcohol so I now use chloraprep swabs. Is 6th grade where u stopped? LOL

Phil, i went to a college you could only dream of going to. Please do not insult my intelligence. You have world class genetics, but to claim you're smart, please...

Ah, fair enough and I can see why youre not his biggest fan ;)

Like many old school bb's, I'm willing to bet that guys like you Dorian like to keep it the most basic of basics and aren't open to "ground breaking" supplements and/or training. It looks like Layne spoke out of his ass by saying LBA's were junk, or didn't work, or whatever he said and he's the one looking stupid at the end of the day.

My thing is dont knock it until you try it and that applies to anything. If there's one thing that I don't like it's a close mind.

Thanks for explaining, Phil.

yeah and reciting a study on 12 untrained males at some university somewhere IS real evidence;)

Well

My Browns are winning it all in 2013!

Well

Ah, fair enough and I can see why youre not his biggest fan ;)

Like many old school bb's, I'm willing to bet that guys like you Dorian like to keep it the most basic of basics and aren't open to "ground breaking" supplements and/or training. It looks like Layne spoke out of his ass by saying LBA's were junk, or didn't work, or whatever he said and he's the one looking stupid at the end of the day.

My thing is dont knock it until you try it and that applies to anything. If there's one thing that I don't like it's a close mind.

Thanks for explaining, Phil.

I think we all have done this.......I have! Some things sound too good to be true...and you hear a lot of these things......maybe he passed judgement too soon, but its a flaw I attribute to his arrogance. Thats all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member