over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training bodyparts 1 vs 2 times per week - Experience

Training Frequency

• I've grown better training bodyparts 1x per week

Votes: 97 31.2%
  • I've grown better training bodyparts 2x per week

Votes: 214 68.8%

• Total voters
I 100% agree with the part in bold. For a while , I was wondering why my back and shoulders would blow up and I barely did crap for them... I'm talking literally extremely little work. Once I started backing off on my weakpoints, they only grew more...and I wasn't even doing high volume at all....

Pretty amazing IMO - people severely underestimate how important recovery is. Used to think this kind of philosophy made no sense and was a bunch of b/s. How could dropping 6-8 sets on a bodypart that is lagging to only 3-5 make it grow? It seems very very counterintuitive -- especially when you want to make it grow so badly.

Yeah. But are u donng 3-5 sets per body part. BUT 2-3x a week?

I worked out less years ago 3x a week. Noticed more beneficial to rounding out my muscles upping days and volume

3 days a week in the gym I just do t think will cut it

Everything sucks on me so I'd have to hit it all twice a week lol
Going to have to try something soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love to give 2x a week a legit try but I dont think I have the time to really train everything twice. I would think that I would also need to eat more.

For sure... I can say that training arms multiple times a week with a focus on 1 heavier day and one higher rep day as made my arm grow.

The flex Lewis 100 rep arm work out alone has added 1/2in to my arm since I've started it. So I use that as my lay out for my routine I just modify it alittle.
500-600 reps in 30-45min gets my arms lit up.

As for other body parts I'm not sure yet. I'm still new and have done both routes but think I would have grown regardless.

Yeah. But are u donng 3-5 sets per body part. BUT 2-3x a week?

I worked out less years ago 3x a week. Noticed more beneficial to rounding out my muscles upping days and volume

3 days a week in the gym I just do t think will cut it

Everything sucks on me so I'd have to hit it all twice a week lol
Going to have to try something soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nah it's every 6 days, which is over 1x a week, but less than 2x a week.yeah well I guess everybody is different, I don't grow if I train over 3-4 days a week, I just don't. i'm not the only one either, lots of well known bodybuilders have been the same way. depends on muscle, obviously triceps may only need like 4 sets, while back may need 6 etc

Twice a week for small muscles like bis and tris. 1x week for bigger groups like pecs back quads

I prefer to train the larger muscles twice bc that's the quickest way to massiveness.

One suggestion if you go with 2x is to change the order and priority of the muscle trained. For example I do chest, shoulder, and triceps together. The first workout uses flat bench and weighted dips as the main lifts with flyes, lateral raises, and narrow grip decline as assistance. The second workout uses overhead press and incline bench as the main lifts.

I could never do twice a week it's too much for me I train each body part once a week

2x a week is far superior unless you're already at genetic potential (or capped out at your drug potential for what you're running, how long you've trained, how much muscle you got on you, etc)

1x week doesn't even compare

People saying 1x is better probably do way too much volume

I'd be curious to see more peaople's splits. I do 2x "ish" a week and love it but it's an abbreviated 2 times a week. Usually looks like this...

Sunday: OFF
mon: back and bi's
tuesday: chest/shoulders/tri'es
Wednesday: Legs
Thursday: OFF
Friday: Back and chest (not as heavy)
Saturday: Legs (hamstring focus with lighter quads)

here and there I can't make the friday or saturday workout but generally make it.

I don't feel like I trained good enough with less than 16 sets per muscle...

3 sets of close grip chins, full ROM 12-16 reps. Add weight if you can do more than 16.
3 sets of t-bar row or heavy db single arm rows 12-16 reps
90 seconds rest between sets
Last set of each exercise to failure
Only six sets. Try this and tell me your back isn't fully trained.

3 sets of close grip chins, full ROM 12-16 reps. Add weight if you can do more than 16.

Yeah I would be completely wrecked even doing that much work.
Honest to god, I can barely imagine sticking to those 6 sets for an extended period of time. That's why when I read numbers like 16, it's pretty mind boggling.

Clearly both methodologies work, but as I have stated ad nauseam: I believe most of the population would benefit far more on lower volume. They just might not realize it(yet).

2x a week is far superior unless you're already at genetic potential (or capped out at your drug potential for what you're running, how long you've trained, how much muscle you got on you, etc)

1x week doesn't even compare

People saying 1x is better probably do way too much volume

I like hit once per week but I think until your near your genetic limit 2x will get you there a lot quicker. I find with hit I'll go backwards if I try twice per week. Ill get away with it on a few body parts for a month or so of im eating a ton and doses are high with some slin and gh or peps in there.

Legs, pull, push, repeat.
Growing has never been an issue for me.
The more I train the bigger I get.

Legs, pull, push, repeat.
Growing has never been an issue for me.
The more I train the bigger I get.

i share this approach, the more often you can train and recover fully, the greater you will facilitate growth

Depends what I am on....if on a good cycle and higher calories 2x a week is vastly superior. However if I am dieting and/or cruising I can't really recover doing that especially when you add in the cardio. So when recovery is good I usually split up a scheme where I hit everything twice over 5 or 6 days then take one day off...low recovery times I usually do a basic 4 day split and just do 2 on 1 off or 3 on 1 off if I feel good.

What about your lower back? No deads, hyperextensions, nothing?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
aloysius225
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
yourdailyvitamins
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131