over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Yet another heart attack in our membership, this time it's mine

Dam Arko so sorry to hear this but glad you are alive.if it wasn't for that smart move on the 4 way stop who knows brother.I know the Dr. Saved your life but you saved your own life by the decision you made on that 4 way stop.if it was me I take a pic of that 4 way stop signs and blow up a poster for my wall to remind me that at that stop I made the biggest and best decision in my life.besides the day I married my wife.I wish you a speedy recovery friend.

Dr. Ignarro's (Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine) originally stated take 4000mg of L-Arginine and about 3000mg of L-Citrulline. but newer studies indicate you would best be served with 6000mg of citrulline malate rather than taking L-Arginine. it was discovered that L-Arginine breaks down in your system rather rapidly.

most citrulline doseages list 3000mg but in my experience (since 2007) i get a whole lot of extra kick on dead lift day or squat day when i dose 6000mg of citrulline malate from **broken link removed**

Articles : Jim Stoppani, Ph.D.
This is exactly why I say arginine is obsolete nowadays.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Huh... that's strange they elected to do a non drug eluding stent. Shit I thought they all were now

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing your detailed story brother. I am glad that you survived it and made the decision to go the hospital and play it safe. I wish you the best on the adjustments your making to be more proactive, additionally a speedy recovery.

Wow. glad u have the chance to made a difference in yours and some other people's life. I have been on the fence with the idea of heart health for the last year. It's scares the shit out of me. But never enough to say I'm done. I'm going to take a long brake. thanks for going into so much detail. It's such a mind fuck not being on.

110% or expect to regret it!

I drink 8 grams citrulline malate over a 2 hour span on workout days (generally 4 days every 6-7 days). Is that enough or should I take it also on rest days?

I am 30 years old but a hypocondriac (my father died age 47 from a blockage) plus I am prone to AFIB (my heart is fine but anxiety plus really hard training in the heat can make that nerve get out of whack). Point being I am always following these threads and trying to pick up every tip I can!

Shit i take 10 gm preworkout in one go! Is that too much in one go? I wonder if I should spread it out over the intra EAA aminos drink. sometimes i do 6 gm pre and 4 gm intra. Do 10 gm all together when u am feeling greedy and wants massive pump.

Last edited:
Shit i take 10 gm preworkout in one go! Is that too much in one go? I wonder if I should spread it out over the intra EAA aminos drink. sometimes i do 6 gm pre and 4 gm intra. Do 10 gm all together when u am feeling greedy and wants massive pump.

I take 6g daily. Usually 1 scoop of intra MD + 1 scoop intra MD (no carb version) on training days, then 6g of bulk citrulline on off days when i wake up.

Taurine is another heart health superstar

I would imagine if it doesn't make you shit your brains out then it's fine?
I know supplements like beta alanine should be spread out over the day but I take 5 grams intra workout and don't bother at any other times.

Intra workout is a great time to drink various health supplements.
I use greens powders, CM, beta alanine, joint supps, PS, creatine, beet, coconut water....this list is about 15 things deep.
But surely during a workout your body is the most receptive so that's how I do it. But yes it takes me 2 hours to finish it all and I am diluting it in 2/3 of a gallon of water.

I just ordered the IgG and LPa after this thread.

Smart man. I have to say seeing a low Lpa puts my mind at ease a little whenever I get bloodwork. It's such an important test, yet everyone here is so obsessed with HDL and LDL.

I drink 8 grams citrulline malate over a 2 hour span on workout days (generally 4 days every 6-7 days). Is that enough or should I take it also on rest days?

I am 30 years old but a hypocondriac (my father died age 47 from a blockage) plus I am prone to AFIB (my heart is fine but anxiety plus really hard training in the heat can make that nerve get out of whack). Point being I am always following these threads and trying to pick up every tip I can!

Cornelius i do know that the minimum that works for me is 6000mg (6 grams) and have some old files that stated it was tested on people at 18,000mg (18 grams vs 6 grams). i've always thought along the lines of "everything in moderation" but evidently there aren't any negative side effects. remember we are all different and i wouldn't want anyone getting heavy gastrointestinal (shits) because of something i suggested. you would probably notice a difference in the higher citrulline malate doses so go up a little at a time.

i wouldn't take the mega doses everyday, but in answering your earlier question you can dose it daily - it's good for the arteries.

to go back to an earlier point - a large portion of L-Arginine is broken down rapidly in the liver. L-Citrulline does not break down in the liver. there is a process happening in kidneys and other body tissues helping it convert to L-Arginine, which leads to a longer and more potent NO nitric oxide production which may help prevent heart attack and stroke.

lastly it is best absorbed on an empty stomach. Arko didn't mean to hijack your thread but this is heart healthy and i couldn't find any negative side effects. Keep your spirits up Arko - you got everyone focusing on their chest.

The initial clot busting drug they gave you was a 5000iu bolus of heparin. Usual protocol is 5000 heparin, 4 baby aspirin, 1-4 50mg iv pushes of metoprolol(beta blocker) and morphine. O2 goes on immediately to reduce cardiac workload and 1-3 nitro sublingual. The nitro is subjective and the metoprolol is usually not given if the heart is beating below 60bpm. I do cardiac alerts quite a bit and you are very fortunate bud. Glad to hear you had a positive outcome.

The sides of heparin do sound scary but honestly there is no option. You can stroke out if the clot busts loose as opposed to thins and breaks up but the alternative to not having the heparin usually doesn't work out well.

Has the doctor ordered an echo to see what % your heart is functioning at?

Heparin is a little scary but should be fine.
I had to be on it for a while after I had AFIB in 2011.
I needed weekly blood tests to make sure it was in the right range though.
It's not a drug you can just take and forget about that's for sure!

glad the OP made all the right moves and is still with us

So often these threads turn into everyone trying to convince themselves their particular barrage of supplements will prevent them from having the same problem. While its certainly a good idea to take all measures we can to be healthy I am personally convinced that a LARGE majority of this is genetic. Some guys do all the right things and end up dropping dead. Some seemingly do everything in their power to destroy their health and live to be 90.

I was terrified earlier this year due to some symptoms I was having. coupled with 30 years of anabolic usage and a severely low HDL issue for years (like single digit). On paper I thought well shit I'm going for the full barrage of testing and no doubt I will end up in surgery. So I sign up, Heart CT, stress test, echo etc etc.

Absolutely no abnormalities of any type, calcium score of zero (no trace of buildup) , heart function optimal.

literally 30 years of non stop anabolic along with 10+ years of non stop GH usage...all of which I tapered off and stopped in the last couple years as I became more concerned.

now I do take and have for most of my life a good subset of preventative supplements , but all in all I think I was just one of the lucky ones and got out alive.

:star-wars
Thanks man, your words really mean a lot to me and I appreciate you paying attention. As for AAS, I think I'm done with that for good. Just a little more test than TRT (no more than 400mg) and a little HGH (2-3iu) is all I ever feel comfortable with anymore, but I'm almost always on 150-200mg test and that's it. My idiotic mental state tried to be ballsy again with some things like a little tren and had thoughts of using other stuff, but mentally they made me feel guilty and I couldn't tolerate them anymore so I pulled the plug after four weeks. It's hard to kick the mental feeling of still wanting to be a bodybuilder, so I choose to be the healthiest bodybuilder I can be (regular bloodwork and echo cardiograms), and learn from a lot of people who are much smarter than me.

I'm in the same boat as you know. I'm trying to still be a bodybuilder as a hobby but with 2 toddlers I'm going to start focusing on health more. Cutting out all Dye and most artificial sugars. Organic grass fed meats and organic milk. Pretty much organic everything. Trying to focus on getting the body more alkaline. Added metformin. Lisoprinil as it seems to have no side effects and greatly improves the vascular system. Going to implement some intermittent fasting. 375mg test puts me around 1450 range 220-850 so I'm going to drop the test so I'm around 900-1000. Very low dose deca(75mg) for joints and 19nor benefits and 25mg proviron for DHT benefits. I feel like peptides and GH are a lot safer than AAS so ill prob stay on IPAM/mod with around 3-4iu GH per day. Cardiac MRI every 2-3years. Routine blood work every 3-4months. Donate blood every 8 weeks. Pretty much every health supplement you can think of,etc... That's pretty much all I can think of now. I too get those boosts of wanting to add things here and there. I say to myself "well,.... If you are doing all this healthy stuff I'm sure it won't hurt to add just a little tren in for a cutter for a few months or I'm sure just a little adrol won't hurt for a little 30day bulkier,etc..." It's so hard to completely get out of the mindset.

Last edited:
glad the OP made all the right moves and is still with us

So often these threads turn into everyone trying to convince themselves their particular barrage of supplements will prevent them from having the same problem. While its certainly a good idea to take all measures we can to be healthy I am personally convinced that a LARGE majority of this is genetic. Some guys do all the right things and end up dropping dead. Some seemingly do everything in their power to destroy their health and live to be 90.

I was terrified earlier this year due to some symptoms I was having. coupled with 30 years of anabolic usage and a severely low HDL issue for years (like single digit). On paper I thought well shit I'm going for the full barrage of testing and no doubt I will end up in surgery. So I sign up, Heart CT, stress test, echo etc etc.

Absolutely no abnormalities of any type, calcium score of zero (no trace of buildup) , heart function optimal.

literally 30 years of non stop anabolic along with 10+ years of non stop GH usage...all of which I tapered off and stopped in the last couple years as I became more concerned.

now I do take and have for most of my life a good subset of preventative supplements , but all in all I think I was just one of the lucky ones and got out alive.

You are one of the rare lucky few. How was your diet during those 30 years?

You are one of the rare lucky few. How was your diet during those 30 years?

honestly not stellar , in my 20's it was horrible ran around the strip clubs and night clubs doing what most 20 somethings do , 30's it was probably average , in my 40's started to grow a brain , late 40's now and eat pretty much all natural (actually own a small farm and raise all my own meat and most of my veggies) all pastured animals so when I say I eat grass fed only I know its true because I can look out my window and watch them, LOL

if I had to point at one factor that may have helped its that I read Barry sears book Omega Rx when it was first published and started taking high quality fish oils in 5 gram plus range daily and never stopped.

otherwise I honeslty didn't do anything special and there were a lot of years I took at least 1000mg of test a week....for years straight.

Wow. Your story is riveting, however I wish it was not yours to tell~!

Thankfully you have been given a second chance. Us older lifters really need to consider the dangers of our lifestyle.

Hoping nothing but good health to you and everyone else on this board.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ndsabvra
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws