over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What they were taking in the 80's

I wasn't trying to make any sort of "claim". That was my experience. I wasn't comparing what I'm gain now to back then either, it's apples to oranges. You try to read too much into things. Back then I was young, went from 135-175. Now if I gain 5 quality pounds on a cycle, I'm happy. Is it because the gear is bad? No, it's prolly because I'm 53 years old and getting close to my plateau. And I obviously don't have the same genetics Levrone does nor can I afford $10K + a year in gh. There is no need to make things argumentive just for the sake of it.

I realize pharma gear gets faked a lot now. But back then, there really wasn't anything else. That's the point I was trying to make.

It may have looked like it as it was afterwards but my post was not referring to you at all. I was genuinely talking in general terms. I can see why you would have thought that but trust me not at all. You were merely making a statement about your 1st cycle. Like I mentioned I think nearly everyone is the same as you for their 1st cycle regardless what decade it was in. I gained over 20 pounds in 6 weeks myself. These days if you had a newbie eat well and start at a low weight he could easily put on 40-50 pounds (and not look fat) in 2 months with the right guidance.

I'm on a pretty big cycle now and its only 1.5 ml per day. Regular dosed gear it would have to be 3-4ml per day

3 ccs is nothing really as far as pain, had less trouble doing that then using high concentration gear. I am glad though if you found some that isn't painful. Do what works for you.

These days if you had a newbie eat well and start at a low weight he could easily put on 40-50 pounds (and not look fat) in 2 months with the right guidance.

I don't think that is physiologically possible to do, not if it is all quality weight. Maybe if half of it is water and fat. Forty to fifty pounds in a year would be possible though I think, real weight where half of it doesn't go away when you get off cycle.

I just saw this article for the first time and loved it. Being a product of the 80s, started working out in 1981, first cycle in 1985-86, first show in 1987. This article hit it on the head even here on the east coast. If I told you how little I did even when competing, you would not believe me, and GH I never took until I was in my 40s, it was too expensive and only for the pros. I remember selling Syntex anadrol for $300 for 100 tabs and it went fast. Gear was all low dose but real so mgs were never as high as they are today. I too knew a pro who took 2000mgs of test per week and we all though he was going to die.

I just saw this article for the first time and loved it. Being a product of the 80s, started working out in 1981, first cycle in 1985-86, first show in 1987. This article hit it on the head even here on the east coast. If I told you how little I did even when competing, you would not believe me, and GH I never took until I was in my 40s, it was too expensive and only for the pros. I remember selling Syntex anadrol for $300 for 100 tabs and it went fast. Gear was all low dose but real so mgs were never as high as they are today. I too knew a pro who took 2000mgs of test per week and we all though he was going to die.
Now we're talkin! Things were so different back then, I can only imagine how little I would know if I had no internet access. I loved the physique of guys like Rich Gaspari. Did you see a lot of gyno back then?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Professional Muscle mobile app

During the 80's, 1g of test was a humongous dose. We didn't know anyone who took such amount. Most common dose was 1 or 2 sustanon amps per week.

Way before my first cycle, I asked one of the bigger local guys how he took steroids. He said: "I buy sustanon and deca, as much as I can afford. Then I put all my amps inside a box. 3 times a week I reach in there, grab an amp and shoot it".

So, some weeks he'd do 750mg test, while others it was 150mg deca or 500mg test and 50mg deca or 250mg test and 100mg deca. HGH was unheard of. Dude was huge.

He trained at the beach. 3 hours of pull-ups, chin-ups and dips. Open sea swimming every day. For legs, he'd wrap a truck tire around his waist and pull it thru the soft sand.

I don't think that is physiologically possible to do, not if it is all quality weight. Maybe if half of it is water and fat. Forty to fifty pounds in a year would be possible though I think, real weight where half of it doesn't go away when you get off cycle.

11th grade I weighed 135lbs while running track, 35-40 miles per week. That summer I stopped running and started weight training for the first time. got up to 175 by the end of summer, roughly 2-3 months all natural and I didn't add and ounce of fat. i remember gaining over a pound each day, I wasn't eating anything special either just what ever mom cooked.

I think huge gains are possible depending on the starting point.

Later on I did epistane at 30mg every other day and added another 25lbs in the 4 week cycle I did without any kind of diet. I look back at that epistane with nostalgia, wish something was as strong now lol

Now we're talkin! Things were so different back then, I can only imagine how little I would know if I had no internet access. I loved the physique of guys like Rich Gaspari. Did you see a lot of gyno back then?

Yes I saw it alot, it was one of the bigger concerns of my bodybuilder friends. I had mine cut out in 1990, several of my friends too. We all went to a top plastic surgeon in the area, insurance covered it back then too. The nice part is I never had puffy nipples again.

During the 80's, 1g of test was a humongous dose. We didn't know anyone who took such amount. Most common dose was 1 or 2 sustanon amps per week.

Way before my first cycle, I asked one of the bigger local guys how he took steroids. He said: "I buy sustanon and deca, as much as I can afford. Then I put all my amps inside a box. 3 times a week I reach in there, grab an amp and shoot it".

So, some weeks he'd do 750mg test, while others it was 150mg deca or 500mg test and 50mg deca or 250mg test and 100mg deca. HGH was unheard of. Dude was huge.

He trained at the beach. 3 hours of pull-ups, chin-ups and dips. Open sea swimming every day. For legs, he'd wrap a truck tire around his waist and pull it thru the soft sand.

Its nice to see someone else remembers it the same as I do. My first cycle was 10 mgs of anavar (4- footballs, 2.5mgs) grew like a weed and strong too.

11th grade I weighed 135lbs while running track, 35-40 miles per week. That summer I stopped running and started weight training for the first time. got up to 175 by the end of summer, roughly 2-3 months all natural and I didn't add and ounce of fat. i remember gaining over a pound each day, I wasn't eating anything special either just what ever mom cooked.

I think huge gains are possible depending on the starting point.

Later on I did epistane at 30mg every other day and added another 25lbs in the 4 week cycle I did without any kind of diet. I look back at that epistane with nostalgia, wish something was as strong now lol

A lot of that gain early on was due to you stopping all of that cardio you were doing. Really hard to gain much when doing that. I had a similar experience. In high school early on I was cycling a lot, about 200 miles a week or so. I weighed about 135 lbs at 6 foot tall. Within one year of stopping that and lifting weights I was up to about 170 lbs. Never gained as fast as you did though. Most people cant do that.

Yes I saw it alot, it was one of the bigger concerns of my bodybuilder friends. I had mine cut out in 1990, several of my friends too. We all went to a top plastic surgeon in the area, insurance covered it back then too. The nice part is I never had puffy nipples again.
What were guys eating back then?

It may have looked like it as it was afterwards but my post was not referring to you at all. I was genuinely talking in general terms. I can see why you would have thought that but trust me not at all. You were merely making a statement about your 1st cycle. Like I mentioned I think nearly everyone is the same as you for their 1st cycle regardless what decade it was in. I gained over 20 pounds in 6 weeks myself. These days if you had a newbie eat well and start at a low weight he could easily put on 40-50 pounds (and not look fat) in 2 months with the right guidance.
I understand thanks for the explanation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Professional Muscle mobile app

I am leaving for the airport in a min but I figured I would reply. You sort of just proved my point with your own experiences. Notice I put starting at a low weight too. So if someone come to me 5ft 8 at 135 pounds who done lot's of cardio and some pushups you don't think they could get to 185 (relatively lean) in a few months going on aas and eating more? Even I have come off for a few months in the past and jumped back on gear and weighed 40 pounds more and just as lean (in 1 month). There will always be factors and sure if someone was already hitting the gym hard and eating lots it would be harder to do but still very possible. Obviously most who put on 40 pounds will put on probably 5 pounds of muscle at most but that is another thread in itself. People can easily put on 40 pounds in a few months and look just as lean in teh rigth circumstances. Have you ever seen a skinny boy/man who can eat anything he wants and still be skinny go on an aas cycle and eat more... many will be 20 pounds up in 2 weeks with what appears no fat gain at all.

It's not just weight.

Kids in the 80's would put on some serious size from their measly first cycles. There were a lot more jacked guys walking around my town, like a lot more.

You can argue that Conan and Commando had been released and Arnie was extremely popular, but still...

Just recently I saw a couple of 20 year olds going thru their first cycles. Yes, they put on weight and got bigger, but nowhere close to those 80's kids. First time I used gear I was clueless, I'd buy a few sustanon amps and shoot them whenever I felt weak, that could be twice a week or once every two weeks. I played sports and figured it'd help. After no more than 10 amps within a few months the other kids started calling me Hulk.

Honestly I like reading this thread. The stories that people have about their past experience and how things were back then is pretty interesting and I hope more people chime in.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

gear was better? please... 200mg is 200 mgs.... 80s 90s 2050 doesn't matter... its powder/ oil into a muscle... in regards to doses, i didn't BB in the 80s but human tendency tells me 2nd place still felt like 2nd place whether 30 years ago or 30 years from now... and alottt (not ALL i get it, but ALOT) of those that are competitive do wtf they have to do to be better then they were last year...

gear was better? please... 200mg is 200 mgs.... 80s 90s 2050 doesn't matter... its powder/ oil into a muscle

I'm afraid it's not that simple.

Answer this: why is genotropin so different from serosim or norditropin? They are all pharmacy grade HGH.

Why 99% of people who have used Ciba's dbol swears by its potency? Are all these people tripping?

Why everyone who used Anavar or Oxandrin will tell you that 20mg was plenty, while today's vars need to be taken up to 100mg?

I'm afraid it's not that simple.

Answer this: why is genotropin so different from serosim or norditropin? They are all pharmacy grade HGH.

Why 99% of people who have used Ciba's dbol swears by its potency? Are all these people tripping?

Why everyone who used Anavar or Oxandrin will tell you that 20mg was plenty, while today's vars need to be taken up to 100mg?

Everything seems better looking back.

I feel like the strongest stuff I have ever taken was 30mg of epistane, from what I remember it blows 100mg winstrol if I were to take the winstrol now, but those are just memories and probably not true, it can't be

gear was better? please... 200mg is 200 mgs.... 80s 90s 2050 doesn't matter... its powder/ oil into a muscle... in regards to doses, i didn't BB in the 80s but human tendency tells me 2nd place still felt like 2nd place whether 30 years ago or 30 years from now... and alottt (not ALL i get it, but ALOT) of those that are competitive do wtf they have to do to be better then they were last year...
Spot on, these guys can sit here and split hairs and analyze it to the nth degree but bottom line is 200mg of test is still 200mg of test. And there was high and low dosers back then just like there is now. I run into "back in my day" guys at gym all the time, they all look like shit and don't have any proof of the "old" days when everything was sooo much better [emoji57]

Spot on, these guys can sit here and split hairs and analyze it to the nth degree but bottom line is 200mg of test is still 200mg of test. And there was high and low dosers back then just like there is now. I run into "back in my day" guys at gym all the time, they all look like shit and don't have any proof of the "old" days when everything was sooo much better [emoji57]

Oh man back when I was your age I was probably a little bit bigger than you....

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
thinman72
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws