over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The preworkout thread

Ill try them out. Their gamer and preworkout powder is weak. I have 4 tubs of various flavors and it doesnt do anything for me. Never tried the energy drinks but I did get the promo email. The swedish fish flavoring tastes nothing resembling swedish fish.

However, ghost chips ahoy protein is the bomb in smoothies. I havent found anything better. To be fair it is not quality protein. But having it once a day in a kale based smoothie is something I look forward to each day. Without that stuff in there it's just not as good. It's pretty good on its on too but it should be given the sugar content and chips a hoy powder in it. It'll be the last thing I drop getting below 10% but only if needed.

Apologies for the protein rant.

I’ve been hooked on Ghost energy drinks sour patch kids flavors. Can’t handle too many stims but this is like really clean energy with no crash. They also taste like sour patch kids which is definitely helpful in my deficit

Stateside, Excelsior is nowhere to be found. A sad day for me. So what do I move onto next? Any suggestions?

I love DMAA so anything with that is a plus. I dont have any stims I cant tolerate so dont hesititate to give me your suggestion in.

I have a script for Adderall so no need to suggest that. I'm looking for something to throw in a cup and drink prior to the gym.
Have you tried "Dark Energy", contains DMAA and DMHA. "Herolean" is sold as a fat burner in powder form, so no pump ingredients but contains DMAA, DMHA and Eria jarensis.

I haven't. But this is more the type of thing I'm looking for. I think elvia has mentioned this. The price is right and seems to be available. I'll try it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Have you tried "Dark Energy", contains DMAA and DMHA. "Herolean" is sold as a fat burner in powder form, so no pump ingredients but contains DMAA, DMHA and Eria jarensis.

I haven't. But this is more the type of thing I'm looking for. I think elvia has mentioned this. The price is right and seems to be available. I'll try it. Thanks for the suggestion.
No problem. Regular caffeine based products just doesn't do it for me either. Even though I need something stronger, I still don't use a full serving of these type of pre workout supps., except for excelsior, 1 scoop. I just tried 1.25 scoop of it last week and it almost felt like the first time I used it, sucks when your tolerance builds up.

I only used it 3 days a week so I never developed any tolerance. I've gone as high as 1.5 scoops but didn't find it any better than one. I actually settled on 3/4 of a scoop as my regular dose. I like caffeine but in sane dosages. All high dose caffeine does is jack my heart rate up. That's not what I'm chasing.

No problem. Regular caffeine based products just doesn't do it for me either. Even though I need something stronger, I still don't use a full serving of these type of pre workout supps., except for excelsior, 1 scoop. I just tried 1.25 scoop of it last week and it almost felt like the first time I used it, sucks when your tolerance builds up.

I only used it 3 days a week so I never developed any tolerance. I've gone as high as 1.5 scoops but didn't find it any better than one. I actually settled on 3/4 of a scoop as my regular dose. I like caffeine but in sane dosages. All high dose caffeine does is jack my heart rate up. That's not what I'm chasing.
I used it less than that sometimes once a week or twice in 1 1/2 weeks. I have 5 different pre workout supps, was 6, that I rotate around. Usually stronger ones on leg day. Dmaa containing products usually only twice every week and a half or so. Reason for my tolerance is for the last few weeks I have been taking some caffeine containing product every morning so I can get my ass up, so later on in the day when I go train, the kick isn't as strong as if I only took stimulants four times a week, days I train.

If I have one drug addiction, caffeine would be it. I could stop drinking it, deal with the headache, and live my life but I have chosen not to do that.

I don't see caffeine as a pwo. For me it's a get through the day pick me up. Sitting at a desk and cracking open an ice cold no carb grape flavored Rockstar while working in CAD is a treat. Good stuff but I can't imagine those being used as a preworkout because I get a bit of a buzz from them for about an hour and that's it. Its the same with cold brew.

Even with caffeine during the day, I still get a lot of get up and go from excelsior at just 3/4 of a scoop. DMAA and the like still hit hard for me at a scoop or less but I don't use them like caffeine so I would imagine there are diminishing returns.

I used it less than that sometimes once a week or twice in 1 1/2 weeks. I have 5 different pre workout supps, was 6, that I rotate around. Usually stronger ones on leg day. Dmaa containing products usually only twice every week and a half or so. Reason for my tolerance is for the last few weeks I have been taking some caffeine containing product every morning so I can get my ass up, so later on in the day when I go train, the kick isn't as strong as if I only took stimulants four times a week, days I train.

Other than Excelsior and Dark Energy, what other pre-workouts do you use?

That's disappointing to hear. I just grabbed 3 Dark energy and a 3xt. The dark energy ingredient profile looks good.

Did you get nothing at all or did it not meet your expectations?

Assassin is good, new version out soon. Dark energy did nothing for me.

That's disappointing to hear. I just grabbed 3 Dark energy and a 3xt. The dark energy ingredient profile looks good.

Got nothing. There’s a small but definite number of people it doesn’t work for. Hopefully you’re not one of them

Other than Excelsior and Dark Energy, what other pre-workouts do you use?
I have arez titanium, herolean, and hooligan (only use 1/2 serv.). Usually only take no more than 2/3 to 3/4 of a serv. I recently finished up chemix and el jefe. Shit, I even have mixed different products before, like half excelsior and arez, was pretty good. Couple weeks ago did half dark energy and excelsior, that was good also just didn't last as long as excelsior on it's own or even excelsior/arez mix. Herolean and excelsior combo was not really that enjoyable to me for some reason. 1/2 dark energy and 1/3 herolean was ok. Might be a couple other combinations I've done that I don't recall at the moment.

Got nothing. There’s a small but definite number of people it doesn’t work for. Hopefully you’re not one of them
I heard the same thing. Some think it may have something to do with Gaba and how it effects some people differently than others. Gaba has a calming effect and it may be a bit much for some.

I haven't used it. I only commented on it when someone asked my opinion. As you know the ingredient panel looks good for people like us. Although I am not a big fan of DMAA and GABA can really throw some people off. I think I would probably love it looking at the panel. I am really enjoying Yeti Juice out of my newer ones. Yeti juice is loaded and has a great effect for me. The caffeine is very high though so you may not respond that well to it.

Assassin is good, new version out soon. Dark energy did nothing for me.

Thanks for the recommendation. Just checked the profile and it looks good. Do you know when the new version will come out and how it will differ?

I have arez titanium, herolean, and hooligan (only use 1/2 serv.). Usually only take no more than 2/3 to 3/4 of a serv. I recently finished up chemix and el jefe. Shit, I even have mixed different products before, like half excelsior and arez, was pretty good. Couple weeks ago did half dark energy and excelsior, that was good also just didn't last as long as excelsior on it's own or even excelsior/arez mix. Herolean and excelsior combo was not really that enjoyable to me for some reason. 1/2 dark energy and 1/3 herolean was ok. Might be a couple other combinations I've done that I don't recall at the moment.

Thanks for the recommendations. I don't like to use many stimulants, but every once in a while if I'm dragging ass, I might use something like for a leg day. If you were to pick one (aside form excelsior), out of all the ones you listed, which one would you get?

Have you ever crunched the numbers to figure out exactly how much per serving that costs? I do the same thing myself and while it does not cost any less than your average pre it has EXACTLY what I want and none of what I don't. Most people are never going to do that though........all you have to do is look at how many people cannot even make a meal or even a cup of coffee for themselves lol.
It's a lot cheaper because I buy all my supplements bulk powder so those bags come in 100+ servings depending on what it is plus when you buy a preworkout it does not have all those stuff in it if it does have it it's a prop blend

I tried one of my old ones tonight that I had saved a few servings for future use. I made the mistake of taking the full dose on a fairly empty stomach and I was too wired. My heart rate was up and I was sweating but I had a great workout but definitely too much. It was 2 scoops of Musclesport's Rhino Rampage. Definitely a strong workout and the energy stays with you for 8+ hours.

DE wasn’t great for me either. Got 3/4 of a container sitting on my refrigerator, probably throw out honestly.

man you got me wanting to grab some excelsior again lol. The formula changed tho huh?

I have 2 tubs of dark energy sitting on the counter...Thinking I made a mistake. I will let you all know later.

When I say the formula for excelsior changed, it was just enough to notice but it still works well. I wouldn't stay away from it. I also wouldn't spend 80 bucks on it (probably). I'm giving myself a bit of room for flexibility because I might be changing my mind later.

DE wasn’t great for me either. Got 3/4 of a container sitting on my refrigerator, probably throw out honestly.

man you got me wanting to grab some excelsior again lol. The formula changed tho huh?

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Thiccthighsshan
NapsGear