over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Why am I so weak no matter what?

No you’re trying to sound like you know what you’re talking about by being nit picky and technical.
You know damn well what people mean when they say high or low volume.
Literally no one says I’m gonna go from low to moderate or high volume and is talking about anything but increasing sets.

We are talking progressive overload. Increasing volume over time is exactly that. Wtf? This is literally how volume is equated and programmed. I'm not trying to sound a way about anything. Increasing weight over time is increasing total volume. That is why the bodybuilding community still has this dumb debate about "does progressive overload work"

We all do progressive overload.

If you took from my comments as some smart assery, you missed my point completely.

I guess being correct is being a smart ass?

Guarantee Schoenfeld would answer that. Weight x reps x sets equals volume. That equation is the key to progressive overload. This is written EVERYWHERE.

You are taught at the base of most fitness. Personal training criteria, powerlifting programming, any programming what the equation for volume is. The mix up in technology is because the bodybuilding really just started using these terms (progressive overload, rest pause etc.) that are actually principles, in the last 5-10 years. That's not my mix up. I'm referring to exactly what volume is and the constant confusion behind it.

It's the same problem we have with fucking macros. Guys catch a fit when they hear macros. It's not a diet. Volume is not a training style of difference. It's a measure of work.

No you’re trying to sound like you know what you’re talking about by being nit picky and technical.
You know damn well what people mean when they say high or low volume.
Literally no one says I’m gonna go from low to moderate or high volume and is talking about anything but increasing sets.

Your comment also clarifies and ends this convo well.

"Literally no one says I’m gonna go from low to moderate or high volume and is talking about anything but increasing sets."

The problem is OP doesnt need to change his training style!!!

A billion recommendations for this program and that program in here.

He is not progressively overloading for could be a few reasons. That is what's missing, progression. Not what we always chase, a golden program or drug or regimine.

Guess what sentiment has been steady through the thread?? Exactly that!

Context buddy.

Your comment also clarifies and ends this convo well.

"Literally no one says I’m gonna go from low to moderate or high volume and is talking about anything but increasing sets."

The problem is OP doesnt need to change his training style!!!

A billion recommendations for this program and that program in here.

He is not progressively overloading for could be a few reasons. That is what's missing, progression. Not what we always chase, a golden program or drug or regimine.

Guess what sentiment has been steady through the thread?? Exactly that!

Context buddy.
You're lack of awareness is shocking. You look like you just started working out last week. My 17 year old son is bigger/leaner/surely stronger than you and he's been at it a year - hasn't even taken whey or creatine. You have been a "personal trainer for years" and compete in bodybuilding?

You are on this whole "I'm not afraid to show my pictures" and posting photos that are embarrassing yourself - then calling out and being an ass to people who have been here and accomplished more than you likely ever will. Hopefully a mod will put an end to this shit because you have NO business giving anyone advice. You sound like you are reading out of a book, which is probably what you do instead of actually training anyway based on how long you've been at this and the next to nothing results you've accomplished.

I, nor anyone else would make fun of your physique if you just made a log - acknowledged you are in the bottom 1% of this board in training experience and physique, and then just kept your mouth shut. Hopefully you will take this to heart, but observing your recent behavior I'm certain you won't.

You're lack of awareness is shocking. You look like you just started working out last week. My 17 year old son is bigger/leaner/surely stronger than you and he's been at it a year - hasn't even taken whey or creatine. You have been a "personal trainer for years" and compete in bodybuilding?

You are on this whole "I'm not afraid to show my pictures" and posting photos that are embarrassing yourself - then calling out and being an ass to people who have been here and accomplished more than you likely ever will. Hopefully a mod will put an end to this shit because you have NO business giving anyone advice. You sound like you are reading out of a book, which is probably what you do instead of actually training anyway based on how long you've been at this and the next to nothing results you've accomplished.

I, nor anyone else would make fun of your physique if you just made a log - acknowledged you are in the bottom 1% of this board in training experience and physique, and then just kept your mouth shut. Hopefully you will take this to heart, but observing your recent behavior I'm certain you won't.
I have to agree with this.

Noticed it in several topics now but might want to tone it down a little with all the pearls of wisdom when your physique absolutely doesn't show you ever been inside a gym.

Wow @ this thread ....LOL 😆 🤣

I’ve trained a lot of hard gainers over the years and I’ve found they do somewhat better training each muscle only once a week. Dave Palumbo who has a fast metabolism learned the very same thing about his body—train each muscle group hard, heavy and intense only once a week and give your CNS time to recover. For muscle groups like quads, chest, biceps, shoulders and triceps I’d recommend warming up and then performing approximately 10-12 intense work sets once a week.
I’d do a 4-day split. For example:
Monday: chest/biceps
Tuesday: back
Wednesday: off
Thursday: shoulders/triceps
Friday: legs
Saturday: off
Sunday: off
Monday: repeat training cycle

NOTE: Focus on a progressive overload using good form and high intensity. You’re only hitting each muscle once a week so make it count. Reduce protein intake to only 1 gram per pound of body weight and replace those calories with more carbs and fats. Use the anabolics that make you the strongest and fullest in the gym. Some people need higher amounts of anabolics to grow than others but don’t take so much it makes your body toxic and hurts your health. Injectable are the most user friendly. Running1 gram of Testosterone each week as a base is key. Most of all, keep a check on your blood pressure.You don’t want to harm your kidneys or heart. 😉
When you say hardgainer, are you talking about people who have trouble gaining weight? Or you including people who can gain weight easily by adjusting calories, but the weight tends to be far skewed towards fat gain?

Myself for example, I can gain weight easily, but actual lean tissue gain is not as fast as most.

Protein powders are by definition food
Protein Powders are not a food source, they are derived from a food source. By classification Protein Powders are a “Dietary Supplement”, which means it is not regulated in the same way as food and therefore not “FOOD”.

Protein powders are not necessary, they are a product of convenience and a part of the “Instant Gratification” train of thought. There are, however, times that they are required due to our hectic work schedules, but if you plan and are prepared, they are not needed. The best time to use them is post workout. The absorption rate of protein powders is quicker that the body’s ability to break down the proteins form food sources so throughout the day, they are not as efficient.

Although the powder has a higher concentration of protein it also lacks of other nutrients that naturally accompany proteins found in meat, fish, dairy products, or whole grains. Protein food offer vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, and healthy fats unavailable in protein powder.

Protein Powders are not a food source, they are derived from a food source. By classification Protein Powders are a “Dietary Supplement”, which means it is not regulated in the same way as food and therefore not “FOOD”.

Protein powders are not necessary, they are a product of convenience and a part of the “Instant Gratification” train of thought. There are, however, times that they are required due to our hectic work schedules, but if you plan and are prepared, they are not needed. The best time to use them is post workout. The absorption rate of protein powders is quicker that the body’s ability to break down the proteins form food sources so throughout the day, they are not as efficient.

Although the powder has a higher concentration of protein it also lacks of other nutrients that naturally accompany proteins found in meat, fish, dairy products, or whole grains. Protein food offer vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, and healthy fats unavailable in protein powder.
So candy isn’t a food then either because it’s processed and lacks nutrients… great.

A complete protein powder might be a processed food source but it is a food.

As usual. No comments towards the topic at hand, points I'm making.

Don't switch that story boy!!! I'm working.
There is a reason I post my pics (I guess you been watching.) I know where I'm going 🙂.

As far as where I stand in terms of quality of physique here. Please. I can count on my hands how many full physique pics we get in that thread. We get a couple upper body flexing pics post gym and not much more.

If you're going to feel so strongly towards me, watch my thread.

If what I'm saying sounds like textbook jargon, again it shows more of your understanding than mine.

Read the last part of your comment and then go and check my log.

You're not the first to make a fool out of yourself.

If you do five reps with a 100-pound barbell and increase to 10 reps with the same barbell, you have increased the volume. If you do five reps but increase the barbell weight to 150 pounds, you have increased the intensity.
Lol. Nope. Man I wish Meadows was still here. He is the only one from this type of board that had a background in programming and these terms. If I say ask anyone with actual background in this, most will shit on that person's character like Layne, Aragon, Schoenfeld.

But Meadows would of cleared this up asap.

If you do five reps with a 100-pound barbell and increase to 10 reps with the same barbell, you have increased the volume. If you do five reps but increase the barbell weight to 150 pounds, you have increased the intensity.
I’ve never looked at it this way.

To me
If youre doing 1 set and you bump it up you might get better results. You most likely will.
But More isn’t better, better is better.
If you have the ability to completely fuck the muscle in 1 set then 2,3,etc isn’t going to do anything but create more inroads into recovery.
Volume is there to make up for lack of effort (intentional or because of lack of ability).
Do as many failure sets as is productive and just because you can recover doesn’t necessarily mean that doing more is going to lead to more muscle.
Our ability to recover can exceed our ability to grow.
Are you adding weight or reps each week doing 2 sets? Then why add another?
Now, when everything is on point and you stop progressing with say 2 sets then add another.
How many sets per week per muscle is big A’s growth principles? It’s like 1-3.

take db presses for example if over time I take them from 50lbs for 5 reps to 150 for 5 my chest will be much much bigger I don’t care if I did with 1 set per week or 30.
this makes sense to me. My last push day I tried just ONE set of DB incline press. I took it to absolute failure. Couldn’t complete another rep.

I think part of it for me is mental. My mind thinks “if I can do more, I should” and maybe that’s just something I need to get over.

I disagree with this definition of intensity, personally.

You can makes, for example, a set of 100lbs more intense than a set of 150lbs even if you did the same reps for both. Intensity is a perceived feeling. If I squeeze and control every second of the 100lbs, I can make that set much harder than a set of 150lbs where I’m just moving the weight.

Some or yall never really worked in this field. You started lifting, started taking gear, I've seen all these "I'm 250lbers" on here (and my physique gets shit on, lol.) Suddenly because you put some tissue on via decades of gear usage (how many of yall been on a PCT in the past ten years?) you are superior in knowledge.

It's why tf Phil Heath with all that greatness was still talking about fish thinning skin and changing his physique via colors of potatoes. Not wrong neccesarily but far from a strong understanding.

It proves that discipline and regimine is pretty much all that matters.

Lot of good discussion in this thread. I think, to get back to the OP, it's still a very simple answer. There are a variety of straightforward programs focused on a core 6-10 movements (squats, bench, deadlift, rows, pullups, dips, etc etc) that will progress you. You absolutely can jump right into linear progression and make huge progress. Wendlers boring but big program would be a perfect fit. Heck go to blackironbeast. com and it will literally spit out the program with weights/sets/reps

As far as genetics, there is a genetic component, but it's not anything that would limit you from going to the gym and repping out 365 to 405 on deadlift, 315 on squats, and 225 on bench. I've not experienced a single lifter...not one...that I could not get to at least of those and I only train natural and "normal" guys, high school guys, etc.

The OP's program is the perfect example of young people in gyms everyone spending a lot of time and "work" but getting nowhere and it's plain as day why (again no offense, many of us have been there).

No it’s okay, I’m not offended. I’m here to learn.

I was honestly I guess just under the impression that, as someone who’s goal was bodybuilding, that it was less about doing specific movements and more about doing what I felt the best for that muscle group and getting strong with those movements.

This is my favorite thread in a while. The contrast between

BlueShocker: super humble, discrete with his pics because he’s not where he wants to be (but sent them to me via DM) and open to criticism and input.

And

gradeaphysique: I’m not going to rehash this lol but I think we all know what I mean

Is just amazing.

Be more like BlueShocker.

When you say hardgainer, are you talking about people who have trouble gaining weight? Or you including people who can gain weight easily by adjusting calories, but the weight tends to be far skewed towards fat gain?

Myself for example, I can gain weight easily, but actual lean tissue gain is not as fast as most.
I’m referring to people who have trouble gaining lean muscle mass. Some refer to them as skinny fat.

I disagree with this definition of intensity, personally.

You can makes, for example, a set of 100lbs more intense than a set of 150lbs even if you did the same reps for both. Intensity is a perceived feeling. If I squeeze and control every second of the 100lbs, I can make that set much harder than a set of 150lbs where I’m just moving the weight.
And by your own statements in this thread you method of making a lighter weight feel heavy is not working. If only you could see the forest through the trees.

And by your own statements in this thread you method of making a lighter weight feel heavy is not working. If only you could see the forest through the trees.
It worked for making me look better for sure vs just moving the weight. Didn’t help with absolute strength though.

I’m not sure why that’s even relevant though, as my statement you quoted was just talking about definitions of a word. I wasn’t trying to say what works or doesn’t for strength gains.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws