over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Knees killing me during workout.

I've had knee surgery so I've had troubled knees for awhile. It's really tough for me to squat but I can do leg presses comfortably.

Hip adduction and abduction helped my knees; with lots of stretching and using the leg extension first for as much warm as I can with holds to warm up the knees then after every set; more hip and quad stretch

Knee sleeves with the hole for the patella can help to a degree but warming up by stretching/calisthenics should work. Have you had your knees checked out for any potential ligament damage?

Absolutely. Old age sucks.
I can’t do near the weights I used to do.
I focus more on time under tension.
This^^

Remember when the old timers used to say that your knees will feel it when you get older when I loaded the leg press or went heavy on squats when younger? 100% correct

How are your feet?
You got good arches? or you kinda flat footed?
i have pancake flat feet and got $$$ insoles and i went from severe knee/ankle pain (like hurt to walk) to ZERO pain.
i dont stand on my feet anymore w out my insoles.
i think mine are fucked
i think one side is collapsed and thats the side my knee hurts
i also think its messing with my hip too

1) knees over toes guy

2) 3-4iu gh paired with 500mcg BPC 157

3) jflex 9 from true nutrition

4) learn how to properly do occlusion training with gauged cuffs.

Abstract​

Low-load blood flow restriction (LL-BFR) training has gained increasing interest in the scientific community by demonstrating that increases in muscle mass and strength are comparable to conventional high-load (HL) resistance training. Although adaptations on the muscular level are well documented, there is little evidence on how LL-BFR training affects human myotendinous properties. Therefore, the aim of the present study was to investigate morphological and mechanical Achilles tendon adaptations after 14 wk of strength training. Fifty-five male volunteers (27.9 ± 5.1 yr) were randomly allocated into the following three groups: LL-BFR [20-35% of one-repetition maximum (1RM)], HL (70-85% 1RM), or a nonexercising control (CON) group. The LL-BFR and HL groups completed a resistance training program for 14 wk, and tendon morphology, mechanical as well as material properties, and muscle cross-sectional area (CSA) and isometric strength were assessed before and after the intervention. Both HL (+40.7%) and LL-BFR (+36.1%) training induced significant increases in tendon stiffness (P < 0.05) as well as tendon CSA (HL: +4.6%, LL-BFR: +7.8%, P < 0.001). These changes were comparable between groups without significant changes in Young's modulus. Furthermore, gastrocnemius medialis muscle CSA and plantar flexor strength significantly increased in both training groups (P < 0.05), whereas the CON group did not show significant changes in any of the evaluated parameters. In conclusion, the adaptive change in Achilles tendon properties following low-load resistance training with partial vascular occlusion appears comparable to that evoked by high-load resistance training.NEW & NOTEWORTHY Low-load blood flow restriction (LL-BFR) training has been shown to induce beneficial adaptations at the muscular level. However, studies examining the effects on human tendon properties are rare. The findings provide first evidence that LL-BFR can increase Achilles tendon mechanical and morphological properties to a similar extent as conventional high-load resistance training. This is of particular importance for individuals who may not tolerate heavy training loads but still aim for improvements in myotendinous function.

Outcomes​

The five studies that investigated the effects of a BFRT intervention on a tendon pathology, all found clinical improvements in pain, function, and muscle strength for included patients, with athletic patients being able to return to sport. The eight studies that investigated BFRT on populations with healthy tendons, all found beneficial physiological effects on tendon morphology and mechanical properties, including beneficial changes in tendon stiffness, thickness, vascularity, signal intensity, and skin temperature. However, two studies did not find changes in tendon stiffness following BFRT. Several studies also found increases in muscle volume and cross-sectional area which was associated with increases in muscular strength and decreased pain levels.

Burton, I., & McCormack, A. (2022). Blood Flow Restriction Resistance Training in Tendon Rehabilitation: A Scoping Review on Intervention Parameters, Physiological Effects, and Outcomes. Frontiers in sports and active living, 4, 879860. https://doi.org/10.3389/fspor.2022.879860

I wrap them to stay tight and warm, use motrin. Anyone have this problem?
Hard to answer that question. Might help to give more info: When do your knees hurt? What type of pain? Only leg exercises? Which ones? As already mentioned, have you looked at ankle mobility or hip mobility? Past knee injuries? Surgeries? What's your age?

Jay cutler once told me that if it hurts your knees then don't do it! So either go lighter for higher reps or pick a different exercise.

i think mine are fucked
i think one side is collapsed and thats the side my knee hurts
i also think its messing with my hip too
sounds very possible. my hip also had problems.
its a whole new world now. pain free! worth the $

I find that Osteo-Biflex helps to a degree. Anyone try a supp like this?

They are 10 times worse once it gets cold. I wrap them, warm up but every year, it's worse. Wasn't sure if they made heated wraps or you guys used a medication protocol 1-2 hours before lifting. I do legs every 5 days and either squat or hack squat. I'm 51 and what worked last year isn't working this year. Thanks for the advices so far and anymore that comes. It's depressing......
Both knees hurt all workout but not post or during the regular day.

I wrap them to stay tight and warm, use motrin. Anyone have this problem?
Yes! I have arthritis in my knees and wrapping them actually makes the pain worse. The reason being is the wraps cause the knee cap to compress the meniscus and articular cartilage. If you do leg extensions keep reps between 20-30. Also don’t allow your knees to travel forward toward your toes during ALL compound movements. This targets the glutes harder and helps take some pressure off the knees. Don’t go below 12 reps on compound exercises. It’s hard unless you are in great cardio shape. Also, don’t train to failure on any quad movement.

Someone mentioned Hyaluronic acid in another thread about joint supplements.

I started taking it and within a day I noticed I had less pain in my knees. Usually I have pain sitting down and standing up. Not sure if it's a coincidence or not. Will know more after I work legs tomorrow.

I've belt squats since this post. It helps a lot bc I can move around a bit more to find a comfortable range of motion. Knees still hurt but I am able to negate some for sure. I have good quad days and bad. I am adjusting my exercises more and more.
-leg extension
-leg press
-belt squat
-lunge's
If I'm having a good day, I'll squat but keep the weight light and place at end of workout

Someone mentioned Hyaluronic acid in another thread about joint supplements.

I started taking it and within a day I noticed I had less pain in my knees. Usually I have pain sitting down and standing up. Not sure if it's a coincidence or not. Will know more after I work legs tomorrow.
What brand?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity