over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What A Stupid Call

Tough Old Man

Kilo Klub Member
How many of you watched the colts and patriots game..Was that the stupest call you have ever saw from a head coach...2 minutes left in the game, patriots are up by 5 and have 4th down at their own 29 yr line and go for it..It fails and the colts take the ball in to win the game..I've always thought that Bill was one of if not the best head coach in the game but now have to re-think that..

I'm still in shock at that call. Granted I'm from Boston, so I am quite biased, but that was not a call that a veteran, superbowl winning, head coach makes. Nothing about that call makes sense. Even if they got the first down, they couldn't have ran out the clock on 4 plays. At least with a punt, you are making Payton work 70-80 yards with very little time, not 29 yards...

I am sorry I wasted my entire night watching that game. I would have rather seen a great comeback by the Colts rather than a bad call ruin a hard fought and well deserved win.

Also being from Boston I am biased. However, I think that was one of the calls where, if they convert, Bill is "gutsy" and the hero...but if they don't he is an idiot. I mean, nobody would call a conservative non-risk taker a genius. Every genius in the world (not just sports world) has gone against conventional wisdom...

Granted, I would have punted the ball.

Also being from Boston I am biased. However, I think that was one of the calls where, if they convert, Bill is "gutsy" and the hero...but if they don't he is an idiot. I mean, nobody would call a conservative non-risk taker a genius. Every genius in the world (not just sports world) has gone against conventional wisdom...

I completely agree with you. I understand he calls some gutsy plays but pick your battles. Taking that chance against an offense like Baltimore, NY, Buffalo is one thing, but rolling the dice when you have Indy on the other side is a different story. That game meant a lot. I have a feeling NE will be traveling to Cincy now in the playoffs, where we could have kept it at home....

The call was okay actually. He figured the defense could hold them if they didn't make the first down and that play has a 76% success rate on third downs. Faulk or whoever should have went a few yards deeper in the route though. I still believe it was a first down however and I'm from Indy. So it is what it is.

How many of you watched the colts and patriots game..Was that the stupest call you have ever saw from a head coach...2 minutes left in the game, patriots are up by 5 and have 4th down at their own 29 yr line and go for it..It fails and the colts take the ball in to win the game..I've always thought that Bill was one of if not the best head coach in the game but now have to re-think that..

T.O.M. -

I have to disagree with you on this one....

The way I see it, the Colts offense was on fire and had figured out the Pats D in the second half particularly in the 4th quarter. I think it was a ballsy call but it was a smart one.
If they punt, the Colts get the ball with 1:50 to go and their offense is on fire, they probably score anyways.
If they go for it and get the first down, then they keep the Colts offense off of the field and have the potential to run down the clock and control the end of the game.
IMO they were just aiming for the best CHANCE at WINNING the game and missed. I can certainly see it both ways but I personally agree with the call.

**Please note I am just a dumbass high school football coach and nothing more(just ask Phil;):p)**

If it would have worked out,today we would be talking about what a genius call it was.

If it would have worked out,today we would be talking about what a genius call it was.

LOL yep, you read my mind. If people keep complaining about this they will get over it win Bill wins another superbowl, and i hate the patriots but come on you guys love him after all the wins he gave that city but yell over ONE CALL. As number 85 would say "child please.....".

T.O.M. -

I have to disagree with you on this one....

The way I see it, the Colts offense was on fire and had figured out the Pats D in the second half particularly in the 4th quarter. I think it was a ballsy call but it was a smart one.
If they punt, the Colts get the ball with 1:50 to go and their offense is on fire, they probably score anyways.
If they go for it and get the first down, then they keep the Colts offense off of the field and have the potential to run down the clock and control the end of the game.
IMO they were just aiming for the best CHANCE at WINNING the game and missed. I can certainly see it both ways but I personally agree with the call.

**Please note I am just a dumbass high school football coach and nothing more(just ask Phil;):p)**
Well when a former great patriot player says the call was stupid, then I have to agree it was stupid..Not one other coach in the NFL would have made that call.. look at the result, now that tells you something.

Well when a former great patriot player says the call was stupid, then I have to agree it was stupid..Not one other coach in the NFL would have made that call.. look at the result, now that tells you something.

Belichick is an arrogant coach who likes to rub victories in the faces of other teams. It backfired on him this time and I couldnt be happier. Stay classy New England.

Well...I can see BOTH points of view on this one. But...what if they made it? What would you be saying about the call, then?

My point being...at that point it is a game of numbers and inches...a "roll of the dice" if you will...either way...

My favorite coach of all time, Mike Ditka, always said..."...good play calls...bad play calls...it doesn't matter...its all about EXECUTION..."...

I guess what I am getting at is that the thinking was based on the fact the Pats figured the Colts were going to score no matter where they got the ball...so why not try and keep it from them?

As far as other coaches go...I totally disagree. Anyone NOT in the moment can say what they want but the fact is that unless YOU"RE the one on the sidelines makes the calls, you have no way of knowing what you'd do in a given situation.

I understand the call... Keep the ball out of Peyton's hand in the last 2 minutes of the game at all costs! It's simple.... It just didn't work!

I dont understand the call at all.
its not like the score is within 3 and a field goal can win or tie it.

You make that 4th and 2 call when you are on the Colts side of the field, not the patriots side of the field.

Either way the Colts have to score a touchdown to win as a field goal wont do it so you look at the worst case scenario

1)They have to march 80 yards and do it in 2 minutes (and must get in the endzone)

2)Or they have to march 29 yards and do it in 2 minutes (and must get in the endzone and did)

If your team is so great (patriots) then trust in the defense to be able to shut down the other team when it absoluty has to. If it cant stop a team from marching 80 yards in the last 2 minutes of a game and plugging it in the end zone then it doesnt deserve the win.

Im a diehard patriots fan and I just dont get that call at all.

You make that 4th and 2 call when you are on the Colts side of the field, not the patriots side of the field.

Either way the Colts have to score a touchdown to win as a field goal wont do it so you look at the worst case scenario

1)They have to march 80 yards and do it in 2 minutes (and must get in the endzone)

2)Or they have to march 29 yards and do it in 2 minutes (and must get in the endzone and did)

If your team is so great (patriots) then trust in the defense to be able to shut down the other team when it absoluty has to. If it cant stop a team from marching 80 yards in the last 2 minutes of a game and plugging it in the end zone then it doesnt deserve the win.

I personally think that's why he sided with his offense...didn't trust the defense...rightfully so imo...they are good but just not that same as when they were winning championships...THOSE were great defenses imo...

You said it brother, I have never been so dissappointed in a coach in my whole life.
I kept thinking...we have a chance, then as soon as they decided to go for it, I nearly cried....I knew it was over.

Well Said ^

They would have scored either way whether the punt or turnover on downs.
P.MANNING would have made it happen regardless I beleive.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Meatgazer
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws