over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

PROOF that shakes are more thermogenic than whole foods

At work I have to consume a few shakes a day, even when I'm dieting. I prefer to mix dry oats, protien powder and mac oil wit water. Mixing the "whole" food with the "supplemantal" powder works fantastic for me. I wouldn't want to rely too much on powder only shakes though.

Soke the oats for 1hr than make you shake with protein powder.

The study is not about just liquid is about homogenizat liguid, so by drinking row liquid eggs it will bo not more thermogenic, or row milk. I prefer non homogenizat over homogenizat for health purpose, is better way to put your body in themogenic stage without homogenizated drinks.

I think you're misinterpreting "homogenization" with regard to the study.

Whey isn't real food? News to me. :confused::D

It isn't solid food but it's real.

Say I take a can of tuna and mix it with juice in a blender and drink it - does it now become fake food (and a supplement instead of the real thing) since it's now in liquid form? Or say I take raw eggs and run them in a blender and drink them instead of eating them solid after cooking, supplement or food? :D

I have thought of doing this myself. I think it would be alot easier to fit in some of the many meals if I could just drink them. But what the hell is stake and rice going to taste like as a drink? Then I think about going to a commercial protein shake and start wondering how much nutritional value I'm giving up doing that. Wouldn't you think the FDA would start testing the stuff in the cans of wonder powder by now? But when they do we will be paying for that.$$$$$$$$$

Emeric,

I also asked him if there was ANY issue with making liquid shakes and using a blender with ice... he said that there is nothing wrong and it doesnt affect absorption at all... this is a guy whose LIFES WORK is to study protein metabolization... im starting to think supplementing with 2-3 shakes a day will not hold me back at all and help me save a lot of time cooking and money and convenience.

Emeric,

I also asked him if there was ANY issue with making liquid shakes and using a blender with ice... he said that there is nothing wrong and it doesnt affect absorption at all... this is a guy whose LIFES WORK is to study protein metabolization... im starting to think supplementing with 2-3 shakes a day will not hold me back at all and help me save a lot of time cooking and money and convenience.

Noting wrong with liquid shakes, it will not hold you back, but metabolic rate is higher actualy after solid males.

Repeat

I have said this in a few threads in the past. I only eat 2 moderate size meals and have 4 shakes per day. When your food passes through your stomach to where your nutients are absorbed into your system it is irrelevant where the protein came from be it whole food or shakes. It is all liquid at this point anyway.

I have said this in a few threads in the past. I only eat 2 moderate size meals and have 4 shakes per day. When your food passes through your stomach to where your nutients are absorbed into your system it is irrelevant where the protein came from be it whole food or shakes. It is all liquid at this point anyway.

Digesting is the mechanical and chemical breaking down of food, the food enters the mouth, with chemicals processing beginning with chemicals in the saliva from the saliva glands. So hold you protein shake in you mouth for a short time before you swallow.

Digesting is the mechanical and chemical breaking down of food, the food enters the mouth, with chemicals processing beginning with chemicals in the saliva from the saliva glands. So hold you protein shake in you mouth for a short time before you swallow.

are you saying that the body uses less calories to break down liquid meals than it does to break down a whole food meal?

I guess im just trying to understand what you mean by "metabolic rate"

Emeric,

Oh regarding the ice in your drink, in terms of evolution the human stomach is designed to consume food at similar temperature to our body temperature, this means that things that are extremely cold means extra work for tham to digest.

are you saying that the body uses less calories to break down liquid meals than it does to break down a whole food meal?

I guess im just trying to understand what you mean by "metabolic rate"

Yes.

I believe based on Laynes research and others that liquid meal replacements of equal caloric and macronutrient amounts are NOT inferior to whole foods.

Anyone with actual scientific evidence to the contrary and not just anecdotal evidence is more than welcome to state an opposing case...

I believe based on Laynes research and others that liquid meal replacements of equal caloric and macronutrient amounts are NOT inferior to whole foods.

Anyone with actual scientific evidence to the contrary and not just anecdotal evidence is more than welcome to state an opposing case...

I am trying to find the study conducted by Laynes and I can`t find it, can you post some reference regarding his study?

I am trying to find the study conducted by Laynes and I can`t find it, can you post some reference regarding his study?

Br J Nutr. 2000 Jun;83(6):623-8.
The physical state of a meal affects hormone release and postprandial thermogenesis.

Peracchi M, Santangelo A, Conte D, Fraquelli M, Tagliabue R, Gebbia C, Porrini M.

Department of Gastroenterology, University of Milan, Ospedale Maggiore-IRCCS, Italy. [email protected]

this is what I had in reference to the study. I hope you find it I would love to see a rebuttal!

Br J Nutr. 2000 Jun;83(6):623-8.
The physical state of a meal affects hormone release and postprandial thermogenesis.

Peracchi M, Santangelo A, Conte D, Fraquelli M, Tagliabue R, Gebbia C, Porrini M.

Department of Gastroenterology, University of Milan, Ospedale Maggiore-IRCCS, Italy. [email protected]

this is what I had in reference to the study. I hope you find it I would love to see a rebuttal!

I know about this study, in this study the food was mostly vegetable carbs and fat, the protein % was very low, I was looking for the study condacted by Layens on proteins only.

I think you're misinterpreting "homogenization" with regard to the study.

No the study it says that the carbs and the fat was homogenized. Consuming homogenized fats or dairy is bad for the circulatory system.

So what I am trying to say that yes you can get big with protein shakes, but non processed foods are better for you.

I know about this study, in this study the food was mostly vegetable carbs and fat, the protein % was very low, I was looking for the study condacted by Layens on proteins only.

I think the thermogenic effect of whey protein is pretty well known no?

I just think this will help settle the "whole foods are always better" argument. I also bought into it, and after seeing this evidence I think it would be wise of me to substitute 1-2 whey protein based liquid meals with added carbohydrate powder or liquid fats.

I think the thermogenic effect of whey protein is pretty well known no?

I just think this will help settle the "whole foods are always better" argument. I also bought into it, and after seeing this evidence I think it would be wise of me to substitute 1-2 whey protein based liquid meals with added carbohydrate powder or liquid fats.

Yes, be shure that the fats are not homogenizat, I take shakes also, when I use shakes I am not looking for thermogenic effects, I am looking for muscle brake down prevention.

No the study it says that the carbs and the fat was homogenized.

Yes, and you're still misinterpreting the data and wrong about the thermogenic effect.

The study refers to the SM (solid-liquid meal), which consists of solid foods and the glass of water. The study refers to the liquefied food as "homogenized". In this single study, it clearly demonstrates that the liquified food had a greater thermogenic effect than the solid meal.

No the study it says that the carbs and the fat was homogenized. Consuming homogenized fats or dairy is bad for the circulatory system.

So what I am trying to say that yes you can get big with protein shakes, but non processed foods are better for you.

I agree, eating processed foods is the cause of most medical problems today...

Your body isn't designed to process chemicals as food and have it come out well.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
thinman72
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131