over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A Weak Mass Monster

is this only when hes pumped up or even cold?

Semi-Surpised by this but at the end of the day I'd rather look great and be weak then look like shit and be an ox. Powerlifters I'm sure are the opposite.

To be fair, you bench more than you squat, which is not very normal.

Do you compete? Raw, equipped?

I only ask as your bench number would make you world-class lifting raw at your body weight - tested or untested (in a bench-only comp, that is, although your squat and deadlift are by no means bad).

You beat me to it.. either his bench number is equipped and the others are raw or you're one of the top 10 raw benchers in the world

This entire thread makes me feel alot better about my crumby bench.

My buds all make fun of my bench, I have a whopping 275lb max....

I guess I'm not alone in this world =)

HA!...very funny.

and no, I havent heard of Eqipona or trenbolona ace. I have however heard of Equipoise and Trenbolone Ace.

You tell me a guy whose probably 5'10" at 275 and less than 12% bf, shouldnt be lifting more than 295 on a bench press. This guy probably would place top 3 or 4 in any NPC contest with some proper prep.

Shit, if youre on tren, and you weigh over 225lbs and cannot bench at least 350, you started gear way to early my friend

Thank you steroid police, I will now kill myself for breaking this law.

When I was about 23 I was 165 pounds pretty cut up and was doing 280 for reps when a big dude asked if he could jump in and do a set with me and my workout partner. Dude was atleast 50 pounds heavier than each of us with a way bigger chest and arms than either me or my partner. Well he couldn't even do one rep we had to pull it off of him. Seeing instances of this type of thing have lead me to beleive that some are blessed with strength genetics and some with size genetics....wish I had the size genetics!!

Look at the pros..serge nubret never went over 225!!even robby robinson..its called strict form..pausing,on top and bottom.Look at how many people are strong and look like crap..fight the ego is the secret

I have a friend who is 270 at 6" and pretty lean. He never benches over 225#. I asked him why he uses pussy weight to train and he said I don' t need alot of weight to grow and I can kick everyones ass in this gym:eek: He's right he is a badass dude. I have seen him in action. He doesn't lift alot of weight but he can pick someone up through someone with ease. He also says he not a powerlifter and squeezes the muscle, so it dosen't know how much weight is on the bar. He also has been training for 25 years with no injuries. I still like to use moderate heavy weight personaly

I like to lift heavy weights. Sure in many cases strength = size but not always. Many who aim for the highest weight usually end up simply getting it from point a to point b. They don't feel the muscle. They are too concerned with numbers. Then you have the guy who lifts much less with slow and controlled form and grows better for it. Obviously in many cases some are simply not naturally strong but can still grow big without heavy weights.

I have to add like with anything there are always exceptions. But progressive strength in your baisc lifts is always gonna result in muscle growth and more bodyweight over time.

When your in the gym next go with 220 on the bench and go extra slow during the negative... squeeze the muscle... take your time and have full concentration on your chest... guarantee you can't hit half the reps you could if you just lifted it 'normal'.

I don't know how your lifting is. I will take it for the truth. But I would say many times when I see people lifting 'heavy' if they halved the weight and took their time they would get much better results and not risk huge injury in the process.

Can you post a vid of you benching 540 or so... people may be able to help you out... or just end up commending you as that is heavy weight and takes serious dedication to get to that weight.

I can believe it. I'm weak as hell but look bigger than many of stronger guys at the gym. Good thing I'm into bodybuilding, because I would be a laughing stock as a power lifter.

I agree a 550 bencher wouldnt be so amazed about an others build or lifts. I cant imagine matt krock posting man i seen this monster weak guy at the gym.

Progression in weights/reps + progression in diet added by progression in HORMONES = Large motherfucker.

Jay Cutler isn't killing himself every workout but go look up the weights he was using at his heaviest lifting. If Big Cuts wanted to, he could throw down massive poundages but he doesn't have to do that now. Read b-boys thread 'some thoughts' it's all laid out in there. For a reality check, ask the real big boys on this site, I mean BIG which excludes a good portion of this site, what kind of weights they really could use or have used when building mass and then their doses (if they will even be honest about it).

most here could outlift my weak ass..lol.. for my size i am not nearly as strong as i look.. but it is heavy for me.. and yes, i try and progress with heavier weights when i can.. that is the key.. it does not matter where ya start but where ya end up.. i know guys that have very little development and are strong as hell.. i have also seen the reverse.. but if it is heavy for you it is heavy..period..

Last time I checked I wasn't in high school anymore and no one really gives a shit how much a person can or can't lift. Or at least I don't. Why does it matter? I hate when people come up and ask me how much I bench. I usually have some smart ass response for them because I couldn't care less how much it is as long as it's WORKING

Well, you obviously dont train with power lifters or have that mentality.

Listen, i didnt mean to offend anyone on this thread. I understand I have an uncanny ability to press. Its my strong suit. Ive done Flat at 550, incline at 455, and shoulder pressed over 340lbs. Ive done a handful of small local competitions, mostly within a gym. No major PL meets though.

My quats aint shit to write home about. So we all can assume im rather lopsided in ability. However, a 3 herniated disks had me lay off the squats and deads for a while.

I wouldnt expect every guy to be benching 550. But one look at this guy, and any one of you guys would expect hes benching in excess of 350, and deadlifting more than 405lbs. I dont see how this guys back has that thickness without heavy deads.

There are many factors that affect the strength of a person. However, two are fundamental:

1. Speed - which is a function of the central nervous system's ability to send intense signals

2. Leverage - which is a function of body shape and structure.

Combined, speed and leverage will yield incredible "strength." Which brings us to the next point: MUSCLE MASS, which is a function of metabolism.

It's genetics... I forget what the gene is called, but there is a gene which dictates how you react to training. Most people react with a mix of hypertrophy and strength gains. However, a minority of people have a weird genetic make-up, where they respond to resistance training with mostly pure strength gains (CNS adaptations) and then there are others who respond with almost pure hypertrophy gains (and no strength/CNS adaptations).

Very Interesting - I'm definitely of this belief, but I'd love to see references if you happen to have any.

Look at the pros..serge nubret never went over 225!!even robby robinson..its called strict form..pausing,on top and bottom.Look at how many people are strong and look like crap..fight the ego is the secret

Hmm...that looks to be about 405 to me... ;)

Attachments

• sergenubret252c1.jpg
    sergenubret252c1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 395
The most I've ever done was 315lbs on incline bench for a tough 6-8 reps. Yet I would pull 600lb deads with relative ease. That's the truth. Benching has never felt comfortable to me, Incline does feel better than Flat. I have long arms so that may be why, helps with deads and hurts with benching. Now I rack up 225-275lbs on incline and call it a workout. I don't even risk going to failure since it always feels odd to me.

I like to lift heavy weights. Sure in many cases strength = size but not always. Many who aim for the highest weight usually end up simply getting it from point a to point b. They don't feel the muscle. They are too concerned with numbers. Then you have the guy who lifts much less with slow and controlled form and grows better for it. Obviously in many cases some are simply not naturally strong but can still grow big without heavy weights.

I have to add like with anything there are always exceptions. But progressive strength in your baisc lifts is always gonna result in muscle growth and more bodyweight over time.

When your in the gym next go with 220 on the bench and go extra slow during the negative... squeeze the muscle... take your time and have full concentration on your chest... guarantee you can't hit half the reps you could if you just lifted it 'normal'.

I don't know how your lifting is. I will take it for the truth. But I would say many times when I see people lifting 'heavy' if they halved the weight and took their time they would get much better results and not risk huge injury in the process.

Can you post a vid of you benching 540 or so... people may be able to help you out... or just end up commending you as that is heavy weight and takes serious dedication to get to that weight.

I should add that I dont lift only heavy weights. I routinely do burn out sets with 225 for around 35 reps and 135 for around 60 reps

When I did the 550, its not like i was looking to do a slow movement with a negative and a pause at the bottom. That day i was only looking for a 1 rep max. Had it been in a sanctioned PLing meet would it of counted?? i dont know. They are pretty strict. My ass stayed down, I came all the way down, and blasted up as hard as I could.

Id love to post a video to alleviate any doubt, like i am some tool on here lying. lol...I am weary of having a video of myself on the most active steroid forum on the net though. If I can find a friend who is able to distort anything that is particular to me in the video, perhaps I will.

The most I've ever done was 315lbs on incline bench for a tough 6-8 reps. Yet I would pull 600lb deads with relative ease. That's the truth. Benching has never felt comfortable to me, Incline does feel better than Flat. I have long arms so that may be why, helps with deads and hurts with benching. Now I rack up 225-275lbs on incline and call it a workout. I don't even risk going to failure since it always feels odd to me.

315 is a respectable incline by traditional standards, Certainly for 8 reps.

I should add that I dont lift only heavy weights. I routinely do burn out sets with 225 for around 35 reps and 135 for around 60 reps

When I did the 550, its not like i was looking to do a slow movement with a negative and a pause at the bottom. That day i was only looking for a 1 rep max. Had it been in a sanctioned PLing meet would it of counted?? i dont know. They are pretty strict. My ass stayed down, I came all the way down, and blasted up as hard as I could.

Id love to post a video to alleviate any doubt, like i am some tool on here lying. lol...I am weary of having a video of myself on the most active steroid forum on the net though. If I can find a friend who is able to distort anything that is particular to me in the video, perhaps I will.

No need in my eyes. It's all cool. I just found your views interesting like the others did. I didn't think you were lying... more like you were training wrong for your goal and that you didn't realize you can actually grow huge from lifting relatively light weights. The biggest guy in my gym only lifts fairly light (most for his legs)... the most he has ever benched was 120kg (265 pounds). But you have cleared that up.

This has always made me curious.

They say lift as heavy as you possibly can to grow. If this guy is 270 pounds and 225 is extremely heavy for HIM does that still count as lifting as heavy as you possibly can? Though he/someone SHOULD be able to lift way heavier weight at that size there still pushing there body to THERE limit.. Would this still promote growth or would it be harder becuase of the bodyweight/amount of weight lifted ratio?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131