over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Advice on Helping Someone With First Cycle

Pretzel Logic

Registered
I'm helping a guy with his first time using AAS, and I'd like any advice or input. He's an experienced bodybuilder who doesn't compete, but is already very big, and has great genetics. He's also very strong. In fact I told him he'll have to be carefull and not try to constantly lift as heavy as possible or he will get hurt. He's in decent shape, like an off-season bb who doesn't get sloppy, and his goal is to get bigger. I figure anything he takes will make him grow like crazy, so I was going to suggest a basic cycle, like test at 400mg/wk or so, dbol or adrol, and probably an anabolic like 200mg npp.(I like the short ester, better than deca, and when introducing new things like that I like a short half life so that if it doesn't agree with them, they can just go off.) Of course there will be antiestrogens, and liver protection, and pct, hcg, etc. But as for the AAS and doses, for a guy like this, am I missing anything?

If this is his first cycle, I’m going to say THE ONE THING before PCT and HCG and anti e’s etc etc that I WISH SOMEONE WOULD’VE TOLD ME IS;

This needs to be a long term thought/decision... There is no such thing as 1 cycle and you gain results and do PCT and come off forever keeping your gains and looking the same etc... His natural hormones WILL get shut down and even with a proper PCT etc I HIGHLY DOUBT he will get his natural Test levels etc back into a high/normal enough range... They may come back, sure... But let’s say he’s in the 900 range now naturally, does some Test and NPP (which 19-nor’s are pretty notorious for system shut down) I’d bet my last $1,000 he doesn’t see 900 Test levels naturally again... And as you age it only gets worse for our hormones etc.. So even staying off completely forever won’t do much good...

He should do baseline bloodwork and see where he’s at and think long and hard if this is something he really want just for vanity reasons and the possibility of going on TRT because he may need it in the long run before the average person decides to dabble in that Whos never used AAS (example my pops never touched AAS but did want TRT in his late 40’s)...

Also there’s the “addiction” aspect.... I admit I was one of the guys who’d say “oh I’ll only do like 1-2 cycles and that’s it.” And BAM! I was hooked and did a few cycles then only played around with Test/TRT the last 5-6 years and am 28 and came off completely to try and go the legit route with a urologist etc and THAT TAKES TIME.. So now I’m a 28 year old who feels 82 and can’t get a hard on to save my life while I wait for all the steps to go through with the Urologist...

Just a few things to think about..

Thanks. That's a good point, most of us don't really cycle here and there, do we. I already had that thought. Since he's a serious bodybuilder, I definitely thought about bringing that all up with him. If I were him, I wouldn't, but I don't want him being stupid, so I'm helping.

Great advice above, all very accurate. Let me add, some people are hyper-responders, they will make insane gains from extremely low doses, people who make great gains naturally are usually like this. I would probably start extremely low to test this.

make him read the RIP Matt Porter thread.

Then ask him if he is ready to take the needle for rest of his life.

i do and dont regret my choice to cross over. its a weird thing.... i know i wont ever compete again (i now like to work hard for $ not plastic trophy) BUT every day it crosses my mind to do a blast. i say its spring time to get ready for summer.... its fall good time to grow.... it sucks.... blood pressure ruined. plus, all the injuries....
-F2S

No one is the same...I managed to bounce back till I was early 30's post cycle
He will only see the gains off his 1st cycle 1 time...make it worth it(have his food/training/rest)all onpoint

My first cycle I only took 200 mg/wk testosterone cyp. and grew a lot. I think I put on about 15 lbs that was solid. If he insists on starting this now, I would tell him to do that. Run it for maybe 10 weeks max.

My first cycle I only took 200 mg/wk testosterone cyp. and grew a lot. I think I put on about 15 lbs that was solid. If he insists on starting this now, I would tell him to do that. Run it for maybe 10 weeks max.

well, if being open and honest helpful my first run was 250mg test e a week at age 21
got a perma 10lbs lean gains on that.

fast forward 10 yrs met a natural genetic freak who became a natural pro. i was "guru" for him cuz when i met him i said what r u doing being natural... anyway his first cycle i said lets take advantage of it. did a stack of test, deca for short bulk then removed deca and did mast and test prop he took first in super heavy and was 20 lbs heavier than his nattie stage weight

nattie he was 212 on stage offseason he now hovers around 270-280 and contest shredded at 240-250lbs
wild.
genetics like i never seen. to make it sound even crazier he is 45 yr old right now
he's like a dexter jackson. dont know how they keep responding
-F2S

He doesn't compete..... Its not worth it. Maybe looking into things such as MK and IGF-1. Why screw up an apparently good thing. As stated above he will never fully recover and that leads down a rabbit hole that doesn't end well more times than not.

my buddy regrets it

Sooooo, my good friend just did his first cycle. Test and mast. he is 41 years old. he did 500mg test a week and 300mg mast. phenomonal results. he was on for @10 weeks. tapered off over course of 4-5 weeks.

He's now been off prb 2 months since ending the tapering. He completely regrets it. at 41 yrs old he still hasnt recovered he doesnt think. lethargic and tired all the time. crazy to think he may not recover from ONE cycle. but at 41 yrs old doesnt surprise me i guess....

i'd tell your buddy not to do it.
-F2S

Sooooo, my good friend just did his first cycle. Test and mast. he is 41 years old. he did 500mg test a week and 300mg mast. phenomonal results. he was on for @10 weeks. tapered off over course of 4-5 weeks.

He's now been off prb 2 months since ending the tapering. He completely regrets it. at 41 yrs old he still hasnt recovered he doesnt think. lethargic and tired all the time. crazy to think he may not recover from ONE cycle. but at 41 yrs old doesnt surprise me i guess....

-F2S

Has he tried gnrh?

Has he tried gnrh?

no. he was thinkin bout trying hcg.
i am not too familiar with gnrh u think it better option than hcg?
i'm a needle for lifer so i never really researched recovery aids. figured whats the point:(
-F2S

-F2S
Being off now for about 2 months, how much of the gains he made has he now lost?

Being off now for about 2 months, how much of the gains he made has he now lost?

he is a shorter guy prob 5'7" and on cycle leaned up prob wasnt eating enough (was workin in oil fields 2 weeks on 2 weekw off) he went from 174 to a leaner 184 lbs
now he is 172lbs prob not eating enough cu started new job and still adjusting.
-F2S

So you do your first cycle and you will never get a hard on for the life of you. You will never get your test levels back. You will become an addict and you will have to be on trt for the rest of your life. And you might die too. Dammmm steroids sucks. It's worse than heroine [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So you do your first cycle and you will never get a hard on for the life of you. You will never get your test levels back. You will become an addict and you will have to be on trt for the rest of your life. And you might die too. Dammmm steroids sucks. It's worse than heroine [emoji848]

yeah never hurt dallas mccarver, rich piana, art atwood, etc etc etc
go for it spin the wheel! i love ya man lets see how it turns out! sorry feelin bitter but just sayin.... imo best to warn a friend of the real implications.
-F

Last edited:

It’s not that steroids suck and it’s worse than heroin, but I think it’s only fair that if someone is asking for advice to jump on AAS for the very first time that they get it from A-Z...

Is it possible to only run 1 cycle and be done? Sure, although I personally don’t know anyone... Is it possible to get your normal hormone levels back? I’m sure, but that also depends on how long you’ve been on and the amount, wouldn’t you agree? Being an addict and dying? Eh, it’s happened but not a for sure thing, you’re right on that one..

I started my first run with AAS 10 years ago when virtually every single person on every forum I scoured said everything was fine, AAS is safe, all you need is PCT and you keep your gains, doctors don’t know shit and the famous one; “where are the bodies?” Well, we know now that none of that is true... And while most know the risks and what they’re doing/getting into, I doubt someone asking for first time advice knows any of that, so again only fair to give reality and let them make up their own mind..

no. he was thinkin bout trying hcg.
i am not too familiar with gnrh u think it better option than hcg?
i'm a needle for lifer so i never really researched recovery aids. figured whats the point:(
-F2S

Everyone on this board should know about GNRH. Yes it's way better than hcg. It has been shown to bring guys back who had been on for years that couldn't get their natural back. It's a 1 shot done thing and works like a charm.

I'm helping a guy with his first time using AAS, and I'd like any advice or input. He's an experienced bodybuilder who doesn't compete, but is already very big, and has great genetics. He's also very strong. In fact I told him he'll have to be carefull and not try to constantly lift as heavy as possible or he will get hurt. He's in decent shape, like an off-season bb who doesn't get sloppy, and his goal is to get bigger. I figure anything he takes will make him grow like crazy, so I was going to suggest a basic cycle, like test at 400mg/wk or so, dbol or adrol, and probably an anabolic like 200mg npp.(I like the short ester, better than deca, and when introducing new things like that I like a short half life so that if it doesn't agree with them, they can just go off.) Of course there will be antiestrogens, and liver protection, and pct, hcg, etc. But as for the AAS and doses, for a guy like this, am I missing anything?

go slowly, you can grow easy with a diet, hard training and this cycle :
300mg test enanthate/week (12 weeks)
Tbol 40mg (preworkout) (5 weeks)

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads