over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

An American Bodybuilder in Japan

wtf am i doing

in california
LOL. You should try Florida if you can. Id like to be there someday. No state taxes and other things more amicable to me than California for sure. Many people are leaving California now to move to Texas and Florida. This article here shows you where people are leaving and where they are going according to the census. Some states lost seats in the house and some gained.

Things Okay in Japan but Illegal Around the World

McDonald's Japan Has a Savory Bacon Potato Pie

Hand pies are a culinary marvel, conveniency at its peak. Turnovers, empanadas, pasties, y'all get love, too. And the reason we fell in love with fast food is for the "fast." McDonald's, ever the innovators of a quick hot meal, have started selling a savory Bacon Potato Pie in Japan to keep elevating the fast food norms of on-the-go dining.

The Bacon Potato Pie is essentially one of Mickey D's iconic pies, just brimming with savory deets like fluffy potatoes, scrumptious bacon, and onions, all folded into a creamy milk filling.

Lucky diners have a chance to try this new item out for a limited time only at participating McDonald's locations in Japan.

FQJKqOqacAA5MoG

An American Bodybuilder in Japan

Some of you know my story, but I have gotten several PMs here since my “return” and thought I’d write up a post on what my experiences have been like.

I’ll start at the beginning of this particular Japan tenure, but skip over a lot of stuff. In 2007 I was looking for an opportunity to work in Japan as my daughter being ½ Japanese (ex wife a Japanese national) I thought it would be nice for her to have some time to experience that side of her heritage. I ended up getting a job in an international finance firm at their Tokyo office. This was right before the subprime crash. I can't imagine someone being hired sight-unseen now for such a position. Things have changed.

I had lived in Japan before and knew it would be great, especially with a solid job. Almost zero crime, no violence, no politics or religion, great healthcare (my daughter has issues) and all-around cleanliness, order, and good manners. Downside is earthquakes and nasty neighbors in China and NK, but overall life is worry-free. My bodybuilding was maintenance, so I wasn’t worried at the time about gyms, etc.

We packed our stuff and moved to my ex’s home in Kamakura to get started. This marriage exploded about a year later, but I’ll get into that later if asked.I sold our home in Massachusetts a month later for a tidy profit. I was set to start work a week after landing so I went up to Tokyo to check things out and fortunately found my gym within one train stop from the office. I thought myself very lucky.

Being a bodybuilder at heart, finding a gym was paramount, and food of course was a concern. At first food wasn’t ideal; there were no good sources and I was living with my in-laws so I could not just buy/cook as I wanted. I had been using prohormones on and off at this time and brought them with me to Japan.

Around this time I was using Epistaine and noticed I started getting a little gyno. Blood work showed my test was very low (after being off a while). Later tests showed it being still low, so I sought self TRT. I hadn’t seen anabolics in many, many years. It was a bit later that I found how easy it was to get gear in Japan as it isn’t controlled. 12 years later, I still have the same “source”. Our families are friends and we greatly enjoy each other’s company when they come back and visit Japan.

Things being easy to access was a great comfort, as legal risk was part of why I stopped use in 1991 or so. Around this time I separated from my ex and moved to Tokyo. I was now very close to the gym and work and had access to a great market that supplies restaurants with meats and other foods. Being effectively single and still mid-30s, I decided to see what I could do and ramped up the training, food, and drugs. Results were pretty good, especially after I tried GH.

My gym was /is a great place. Spotlessly clean with really nice staff. I befriended the owner who lived in the US for a while and has his own muscle beach stories. I’m often the center of attention at the gym when I take the time to notice. The place is full of Japanese celebrities, rich people, pro athletes (including Sumo), upper-end office workers, and Yakuza. Some funny stories there...

In 2008-09 I spent my weekend evenings out with a friend who owned several clubs in the Roppongi district of Tokyo. I don’t drink, but I had all the Redbulls I would want to keep me awake. This friend took good care of me knowing I was going through a tough time and tried to entertain me. I met and befriended “hostess” girls, but wasn’t looking for a relationship. I got a LOT of attention in his clubs. People would gawk and comment (always favorably). I was often outright groped by people who were too drunk to even consider it was a bad idea. I’m good-natured and laughed with them. I later met my current wife by chance when she joined our firm and happily left the nightclub life.

Everywhere I went I would get comments in Japanese. I understood, but didn’t let on. My daughter and current wife are always entertained. My daughter often is mystified, especially when she catches a gay guy looking at me. I just laugh.

One of the nicest things is I have never, ever received a negative comment, either in public, or in the office. People are amazed/amused and I am very positive and easy to laugh about things. One of my favorite situations is when on the train a girl will be looking at me, and then turn to her boyfriend and start poking and pinching him, teasing him while trying to find some muscle.

I could go on, but I’d rather try to answer questions anyone has in the thread and write for you guys, not myself.
Yea I lived in Japan three years and was natty at the time sans Anontesten and Nortesten muscletech but I got decent size 5’7 160 shredded natty is big in Japan they love big humans whether muscle or tall or just big. They have impeccable manners but as you said after a bit of rice wine they become very touchy. No bigs although it is mostly straight dudes doin it. All the guys I lifted with were on shit legal there not so much for the USMC but my unit was a bit special so we didn’t get fucked with, I assume if we did rec drugs we would but we went to the mushroom festivals every year. I wish I had gone to the pharmacies bc to this day I’ve never been in a legit one selling legal gear, oddly enough at this point in my lifting career I was insanely against gear, bc I was fully ignorant on it, literally I believed Ronnie was natty and just worked really hard 😂😂😂 I miss Japan too you can’t put into words the effiency and politeness of the day to day life and culture-plus you can eat amazing sushi 5 times a day for less than McDonalds is over there. I’ve never seen Tokyo are the gyms badass there? I left in 2001

Yea I lived in Japan three years and was natty at the time sans Anontesten and Nortesten muscletech but I got decent size 5’7 160 shredded natty is big in Japan they love big humans whether muscle or tall or just big. They have impeccable manners but as you said after a bit of rice wine they become very touchy. No bigs although it is mostly straight dudes doin it. All the guys I lifted with were on shit legal there not so much for the USMC but my unit was a bit special so we didn’t get fucked with, I assume if we did rec drugs we would but we went to the mushroom festivals every year. I wish I had gone to the pharmacies bc to this day I’ve never been in a legit one selling legal gear, oddly enough at this point in my lifting career I was insanely against gear, bc I was fully ignorant on it, literally I believed Ronnie was natty and just worked really hard 😂😂😂 I miss Japan too you can’t put into words the effiency and politeness of the day to day life and culture-plus you can eat amazing sushi 5 times a day for less than McDonalds is over there. I’ve never seen Tokyo are the gyms badass there? I left in 2001

Gyms are nothing special here in central Tokyo especially considering the limited space. I did find a bigger gym when I arrived though in 2007 that has been great. They specialize in personal training, especially for celebs and pro athletes which allow them bigger budgets for space and equipment. The owner puts me in the same class as the aforementioned customers and enjoys telling them I am 普通サラリマン。I have been very lucky in many ways.
And yes, the food culture is awesome and 95% of the people are as well. I got permanent residence in 2009 and haven't looked back.

McDonald's Japan Has a Savory Bacon Potato Pie

Hand pies are a culinary marvel, conveniency at its peak. Turnovers, empanadas, pasties, y'all get love, too. And the reason we fell in love with fast food is for the "fast." McDonald's, ever the innovators of a quick hot meal, have started selling a savory Bacon Potato Pie in Japan to keep elevating the fast food norms of on-the-go dining.

The Bacon Potato Pie is essentially one of Mickey D's iconic pies, just brimming with savory deets like fluffy potatoes, scrumptious bacon, and onions, all folded into a creamy milk filling.

Lucky diners have a chance to try this new item out for a limited time only at participating McDonald's locations in Japan.

FQJKqOqacAA5MoG
It's funny. Japanese can eat the worst food and still not get fat. Probably because after 5 bites they are full for the next 6 hours. ;)

Gyms are nothing special here in central Tokyo especially considering the limited space. I did find a bigger gym when I arrived though in 2007 that has been great. They specialize in personal training, especially for celebs and pro athletes which allow them bigger budgets for space and equipment. The owner puts me in the same class as the aforementioned customers and enjoys telling them I am 普通サラリマン。I have been very lucky in many ways.
And yes, the food culture is awesome and 95% of the people are as well. I got permanent residence in 2009 and haven't looked back.

Edit: Oh, and I've never bought gear from a pharmacy. I get it online from local vendors. The main one and I have become good family friends. He lives in the EU now, but when he visits my wife and I go out to eat with his wife and kids. Japan has very generous medicinal import regulations outside of anything that they ban, such as medicines that could be made into meth, etc.

That’s awesome dude I would love to even be able to just go back-and-forth to Japan for you know a couple weeks or a month every year and just Kaina get out of the United States and all the bullshit and I and I love America I mean I’m a United States Marine literally love the United States but what it’s become I miss the polite society everyone greets you over there it’s like living in the south there’s more respect you know everywhere you go oh I can’t type Japanese and I’m not gonna try to type the English version because of my Japanese is like a second grader but yeah everyone says good morning good afternoon good night yeah everybody answers the phone the same it’s just a very interesting place to live

It's funny. Japanese can eat the worst food and still not get fat. Probably because after 5 bites they are full for the next 6 hours. ;)

Do not to steal your thunder, derail this great thread of yours . . . But here goes 😉

You have made a very powerful observation here that hopefully will not go unnoticed.

You can have anything you want you just can’t have everything.

Example. One of the few people that I have trained for competition who did exactly what I told him to do (rare) and that was eat the foods that got you big and strong, an anabolic food plan, except slowly reduce reduce your portion size. He never skipped desert, never gave up anything, just ate less than he did before. And less and less.

Did he suffer? Yes, and he got very hungry but a tablespoon of ice cream or chocolate cake never tasted better, or both, and he won. (I posted foto of him here here some ago.) He was in great shape. Zero PEDS.

Now back to your regular scheduled viewing 😛

Okinawa is different or was the people there are very healthy pretty much all the time. There’s was one McDonald's for the whole island and only kids and Marines went to it.

Do not to steal your thunder, derail this great thread of yours . . . But here goes 😉

You have made a very powerful observation here that hopefully will not go unnoticed.

You can have anything you want you just can’t have everything.

Example. One of the few people that I have trained for competition who did exactly what I told him to do (rare) and that was eat the foods that got you big and strong, an anabolic food plan, except slowly reduce reduce your portion size. He never skipped desert, never gave up anything, just ate less than he did before. And less and less.

Did he suffer? Yes, and he got very hungry but a tablespoon of ice cream or chocolate cake never tasted better, or both, and he won. (I posted foto of him here here some ago.) He was in great shape. Zero PEDS.

Now back to your regular scheduled viewing 😛

I think this can work for a lot of people. Some people can't control themselves in a diet when those "tasty" foods are in front of them. I can probably do both, but prefer the cleaner method if only for the mental stwitch it flips.

Okinawa is different or was the people there are very healthy pretty much all the time. There’s was one McDonald's for the whole island and only kids and Marines went to it.
Oh, most people eat really well here, but it is central Tokyo so there are few McDonald's around. One MCD in my neighborhood which was quite old went away a couple years ago. I know of at least two others in my general area, which isn't much considering how many places there are to eat here.

My wife hates the place anyway. She likes Kua'aina for burgers :p

Oh, most people eat really well here, but it is central Tokyo so there are few McDonald's around. One MCD in my neighborhood which was quite old went away a couple years ago. I know of at least two others in my general area, which isn't much considering how many places there are to eat here.

My wife hates the place anyway. She likes Kua'aina for burgers :p
They still have MOS burgers?

Love Kuaaina burgers.

MS

They do in the area where I live.
Same here, though the boutique burger shops have made significant inroads. Shake Shake seems pretty popular and is always crowded.

Same here, though the boutique burger shops have made significant inroads. Shake Shake seems pretty popular and is always crowded.
Shake shake was big in the late 90s I fucking love Japanese Curry but nothing trumps the badass affordable sushi in Japan. What cost me 40,000 yen cost me $150 stateside and isn’t as good or even close. Only thing I never got there was the love for whiskey and cigarettes, they smoke like it’s the 1960s

Shake shake was big in the late 90s I fucking love Japanese Curry but nothing trumps the badass affordable sushi in Japan. What cost me 40,000 yen cost me $150 stateside and isn’t as good or even close. Only thing I never got there was the love for whiskey and cigarettes, they smoke like it’s the 1960s
Oh hell yes on the sushi. So good, plentiful, and relatively cheap
When I go back the US all the fake sushi is horrifying. It's like a restaurant selling canned Chef Boyardee as authentic Neapolitan cuisine.

Oh hell yes on the sushi. So good, plentiful, and relatively cheap
When I go back the US all the fake sushi is horrifying. It's like a restaurant selling canned Chef Boyardee as authentic Neapolitan cuisine.
Yea it’s amazing that the best sushi in the states is available at walk In restaurants that have it on a conveyor belt charged the price by the color of the plate it’s on. Good sushi in Japan is almost like chocolate in texture. When I came back I was so excited to get sushi after 3 years in Japan so we went to Benihanas and it was sooooo terrible comparatively, I’ve heard you can get great sushi in New York but I dunno never been.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bttywllsns01
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131