advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anabolics Vs. Androgens What's truely need?

my cholesterol and blood pressure is inline, never had elevated liver enzymes, my red blood cell count gets high but i'm going to start giving blood, i dont use orals. i've done/doing everything i can healthwise. yes i'm talking gaining overall size. as far as making quality gains with small doses i feel your just going to get to a point where hormonally your body will only support a certain level of muscle (different for everyone) and despite spot on nutrition, training, recuperation you need more hormone to become a larger bodybuilder. and mentioning "quality gains" that will have more to do with nutritional support; i could take a low dose and have shitty nutrition and ineffective training and still wouldnt make "quality gains" sames goes with the higher doseage. and i am assuming by quality gains you mean less fat gain/bloat, more lean tissue. now when i talk about using higher amounts its still only the minimum i need to grow and no more. if i do a cycle and i grow off a gram of test i will stay with that doseage for future cycles until i no longer make gains and then only increase it from there 100-200mg total. i think a trap new guys can get into is that they start there 1st cycle with 500mg test, 300mg deca and 30mg of dbol per day. when i started a cycle for me was 1 amp a week of test for 8 weeks or 200 5mg dbol spread out over 5-6 weeks. i was training hardcore and gaining for the 1st 5 years with never going over 600mgs per week total; went from about 180 to 230. so i feel since i started lower than most i could slowly build and be at a much higher level on what i consider a reasonable doseage. being totally honest i hit 255 with 1gram of test stacked with 200mg/deca and 400mg of eq, i did that for about 7 or 8 weeks and then switched out to prop 100mg eod with tren at 100mg eod. thats apppox. 1,600mg per week. so i gained approx. 50lbs on no more than 600mg per week and as i got bigger if i wanted to continue to go up in mass i had to add more. so now i'm up over a gram and a half total per week and have gained an additional 25lbs of quality muscle. 260 is the max i would want to be and i will be very close over the next year or 2 and feel i wont have to go but maybe 2-300mg higher to get there. again this may be a huge dose to some and nothing to others but its all individual; someone with awesome genetics can make twice the gains on the same doseage but i feel will eventually gradually have to build the doseage to continue. i'm just being honest here and this has what i have gotten from my experience, i could be so wrong but i continue to strive to learn from others and experiment with new things when i think they have merit.

Last edited:
Magnum,

You said that on low doses of test, the body would actually increase collagen synthesis. So if one were on low doses (i.e. 200/wk) would primobolan still be needed when used considering to use low doses of tren or winstrol?

I ask because I am primarily concerned with strength gains and train in the lower rep ranges for my sport.

Sesshomaru said:
Magnum,

You said that on low doses of test, the body would actually increase collagen synthesis. So if one were on low doses (i.e. 200/wk) would primobolan still be needed when used considering to use low doses of tren or winstrol?

I ask because I am primarily concerned with strength gains and train in the lower rep ranges for my sport.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are asking. If you are using tren and or winny for strength then primo is going to have little if any effect. If I misunderstood your question then please ask again.

Dave_19 said:
Very good thread! I like to see this point of view on dosing. Let me ask you mag, or any one else with an opinion on this. When you speak of using test at a low dose 250-300mg/week, and deca eq at a higher dose. How long would one, ideally run it like this? I am thinking over a year wouldn't be a huge issue as long as you monitored your health through out, and followed up with a really good PCT regiment when you decided to stop?

I will try and answer your question directly in a more indirect way. :confused: Sometime when I get going I tend to digress, but I will get back to the point I promise.

A lot of people ask me two different questions almost exclusivley when it comes to cycling. The first is what is the best cycle and the second is how long should I stay on. Man, these two questions could literally have volumes written on them. My answers might be different than most peoples, in fact they most likey are. As far as the how long questions goes, all of us (me inlcluded) strive to look our best and look that way for as long as possible, but "our best" is different for each one of us. Many people on here tend to forget some things. When you look at a pro you almost always see him at his best. Wouldn't it be great if we could walk around big and lean all year long. The smart pros go off between shows(as long as theyare not doing more than one or two a year) and get smaller while still staying somewhat lean. I am guessing that most people on here do not compete, but the magority of them want to stay big most all the time. So, here's the answer to your question. If you want to stay big then stay on. Don't ever think for a second that you are going to maintain a 1000mgs a week worth of muscle by coming off and using a little bit of igf, hcg, clomid, gh or whatever. Sure if you want to come off for a few weeks the add this stuff in, but ask yourself how much would you have really lost in 4 weeks to begin with?

I have seen countless cycles done in many different ways over the years. So many that my head spins. Ways to keep your gains, frontloading, backloading, pyramiding up, pyramiding down, bridging add infinitum. The list goes on and on. Bottom line is when you use steroids you grow and when you come off you shrink. Now, this maybe is a slight over simplification of things as I do think that certain drugs that are better for actual size gains, but I will get to that later. In the 20 some odd years that I have been around I have seen a lot. I remember when Gh was the rave. It was the only drug you could use that would enable you to keep all your gains. I heard of guys gaining 30 to 40 pounds of muscle. Sad thing was I never actually met anyone. Well, turned out that there was a certain way you had to take it. In the morning was best, no it was at night, no actually it was both morning and night and make sure your bed was pointing North when you slept at night. :D Get my point?

To this day the best drugs to use use to make bigger muscles are steroids. If anyone here does not believe this then stop using them and get on some Gh, IGF, pgf, and all the other worthless crap that a lot of guys are wasting their money on and see what happens. Once your levels drop down (which can take months) you are going to shrink. For the average guy I still believe that steroids (not testosterone) will give you the most for you money as far as quality muscle gains. I also like to throw in some test (200-300wk) to keep the sex drive up. There really are not too many steroids out there to begin with, well anabolic that is. I have seen plenty of muscle built on Deca, D-bol, Anadrol and EQ to a lesser degree. I would add in any of the tren esters here, but I think they are too hard on the body and should only be used before a show, as should a lot of other drugs and in higher doses. You also have anavar, winny and primo, but they are not strong enough for most people to be satisfied with.

Now, not to sound like I am contradicting myself, I mentioned in another post about how a friend of mine who I trained for a show used mostly test. He did add in some deca and halo near the end. He ended up winning the lightweights and looked great. He was hard as nails, dry and full. He mainly used test because of money reasons plus I am not so sure that a bigger guy could get away with doing this. Remember that a lightweight is only going to be able to carry so much muscle and the main reason he won was because of his conditioning. Don't get me wrong, he was big. but I don't know if a heavyweight is going to be able to get enough size on him by just using test. In fact, most likely not. Now, I do know some guys (not many) who have been on LARGE amount of test and for years. These guys generally also run deca, EQ and some other king of anabolic with the test. Neither of these guys rarely if ever experience any kind of joint problems and they never come off. Maybe it's because they are running other things with the test.

Most people on here seem to agree that 1 gram of test per week is the max as far as the optimal dose of test goes. Personally I think this all started with Palumbo. Either you run 200-300 mgs weekly or run 3-5 grams of it. Personally I have never really had the balls to run more than 1500 weekly of test and for no longer than a few weeks. I have always got along fine with 400-500 mgs per wk. In fact, I never really noticed any better gains with 1500 than 500. Now, I have seen what jumping it up to 3-5 grams per week can do and I'll tell you that it does some crazy shit. Before I go on I want to say that I would NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! recommend this to anyone. This is only me relaying info that I have heard and witnessed. For some unknown reason when this kind of dose is maintained along with anabolics at not so high a dose, I have seen some amazing size gains. When I say 3-5 grams I am taking into consideration bodyweight. Some guys have gone higher from what I have heard, but I have no direct contact with anyone who actually has.

Gonna stop her for now. Sorry to be so long winded. Remember, be smart and stay healthy. This is only info and some of my opinions that I am sharing.

Magnum said:
I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are asking. If you are using tren and or winny for strength then primo is going to have little if any effect. If I misunderstood your question then please ask again.

Sorry Ill try to ask again. Im referring to this quote (which I found was posted by Edge, but Id like both of your opinions on it):

To plan a cycle where the goal is to increase skeletal muscle mass/strength while at the same time increase joint/tendon/ligament strength, enough to keep up with the dramatic increase in skeletal muscle, you must choose drugs like Eq, Deca, Anavar, or Primo as the base of your cycle. Testosterone and its esters can be added to your cycle to keep levels within a 'normal' physiological range (ie, 100-200 mg/wk) but must not go above this. Since drugs like eq, deca, anavar and primo will reduce endogenous, natural levels of test, these levels may be maintained with exogenous test in the 100-200 mg/wk range. Test at this dose will not inhibit collagen syn, but paradoxically, will help increase it. It is when exogenous testosterone is used > 200 mg/wk that collagen syn is inhibited.

My question is: If Im using 200mg/wk of test and then taking low doses of androgens (i.e. 250mg of tren-e/wk), would I still need primobolan for joint protection or will the test provide enough collagen synthesis to protect the joints during heavy lifting?

Do your opinions about the necessity of primo change if the test is stacked with winstrol (i.e. 50mg EOD)?

BTW, thanks for both of yalls contribution. This is a really good thread and provides some awesome perspectives.

Sesshomaru said:
Sorry Ill try to ask again. Im referring to this quote (which I found was posted by Edge, but Id like both of your opinions on it):

My question is: If Im using 200mg/wk of test and then taking low doses of androgens (i.e. 250mg of tren-e/wk), would I still need primobolan for joint protection or will the test provide enough collagen synthesis to protect the joints during heavy lifting?

Do your opinions about the necessity of primo change if the test is stacked with winstrol (i.e. 50mg EOD)?

BTW, thanks for both of yalls contribution. This is a really good thread and provides some awesome perspectives.

Winny has a tendency to make the tendons hurt so I would stick with primo although primo is not doing anything as far as protecting your joints. Remember that even if your body is in a state of collagen synthesis you need adequate amount so f vit. C to produce it. I would take at least 3 grams daily.

One of the best threads I have read in ages!
I have always leaned towards higher test cycles purely on a cost basis

Side effects?

No please, continue to be long winded Magnum. Great information here.

I'm interested in something else: What were the worst side effects you've seen or heard about when talking to the pros or those who knew what the pros were taking? I'm taking in terms of liver problems, heart conditions - whatever ailment may have been brought about by steroids.

BrooklynBB said:
No please, continue to be long winded Magnum. Great information here.

I'm interested in something else: What were the worst side effects you've seen or heard about when talking to the pros or those who knew what the pros were taking? I'm taking in terms of liver problems, heart conditions - whatever ailment may have been brought about by steroids.

Of the pros that "I" know nothing serious ever. This is if you are talking about steroids alone. Now we all know that if you start taking too much clen or thyroid and other precontest items, you are going to run into short term sides of the heart and such. This IMO is running a risk for long term damage down the road.

Thanks

Magnum said:
Of the pros that "I" know nothing serious ever. This is if you are talking about steroids alone. Now we all know that if you start taking too much clen or thyroid and other precontest items, you are going to run into short term sides of the heart and such. This IMO is running a risk for long term damage down the road.

Hey thanks. I was definitely talking in terms of steroids only.

Without giving names, what was the biggest cycle you ever heard of in terms of most roids used at once and what was the smallest cycle you've heard of?

Magnum said:
Winny has a tendency to make the tendons hurt so I would stick with primo although primo is not doing anything as far as protecting your joints. Remember that even if your body is in a state of collagen synthesis you need adequate amount so f vit. C to produce it. I would take at least 3 grams daily.

GReat, thanks for the reply.

So how much test would you need to use to cover yourself for larger volumes of Anabolics. ie: 1000 mg Deca. Would 300 mg Test cover this? I know everyone is different, but generally speaking, what would be needed to cover this?

this thread rocks

This is exaclty what alot of guys should be reading. i have always felt anabolics were the way to go in order to make solid gains of LBM and minimize side effects.
BUMP BUMP BUMP -STEELE

So how much test would you need to use to cover yourself for larger volumes of Anabolics. ie: 1000 mg Deca. Would 300 mg Test cover this? I know everyone is different, but generally speaking, what would be needed to cover this?

I never take more than 250mg/week test, but it is fresh human grade with a script..

I add Deca only around 300mgs/week plus EQ at the same time and soon will start Primo too.. 300mg/week Deca is all I need to lubercate the joints

If you go up to a gram of Deca, I would think libido would come into it and would suggest adding Proviron or Masteron, not just to help with libido, but also the other sides, Deca at that high dose could cause Progesterone issues as well, so I don't see the need for such a high dose, better to add another anabolic IMO...

GREAT THREAD

Thanks to Magnum and the others who contributed to this informative thread, it is great to get other's opinions. My only problem is that I don't actually feel much until I am up over 500mgs test, I used to do one compound at a time to see how I reacted to them ( Bill Phillips suggested this years ago) I mean I did just deca(liked it but not as much as test and deca) then I did straight eq and got vascular but no strength or size gains. So for me anyways I feel like I NEED the test for strength and size. Like some of the others said, I thought test was best base and anabolics would be thrown in for added recovery. I would always do twice as much test as deca or eq. But next time I will try the opposite.

Edge, that was some interesting information about increasing collagen synthesis and bone density with Eq, Deca, Primo, or Anavar.
Do you think you could post the medical references so that we could all take a look at them?
Thanks.

I'm gonna bump this back to the top. There are a lot of new people here that need to read this.

PB

Edge, that was some interesting information about increasing collagen synthesis and bone density with Eq, Deca, Primo, or Anavar.
Do you think you could post the medical references so that we could all take a look at them?
Thanks.

I'll second this! I'd love to see some more info on this...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
PenguinPiss
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws