over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

best way to correct one side stronger than other

littleguy

Registered
what is the best way to correct one side that is stronger than another? use individual weights like dumbels vs. barbels?

everyone has a stronger side.let it work itself out.i wouldnt try to train one side of your body with heavier weight than the other.you are just asking for any injury.stay with the same weight for both sides and let your weaker side just progress naturally.

Dumbbells, they will bring up your weaker side big time! To many people do straight bar exercises and that tends to weaken even more your weak side. But DB's will give you that individuality you really need. It will individually strengthen your weak side. And it will isolate even more that weak muscle.

BOOMSHAKER said:
Dumbbells, they will bring up your weaker side big time! To many people do straight bar exercises and that tends to weaken even more your weak side. But DB's will give you that individuality you really need. It will individually strengthen your weak side. And it will isolate even more that weak muscle.

I agree with boomshaker.peace

switch

use your opposite hand for a while,plus you'll think someone else is doing it:D

leap

DBs will and only progress according to your weaker side.

leapfrog said:
use your opposite hand for a while,plus you'll think someone else is doing it:D

leap

LMAO!!!! your a pisser bro! :D

DB will work each independently, if doing one arm or leg movements do the weak side first, then do same number reps on strong side

definetely db, I had the same problem , and in short time was fixed. you can do an extra rep with help.

Dangit!

LeapFrog beat me to it!

thats what I was gonna say. lol

I have to go against everyones advice so far. I had the same issue with my left pec not developing at the same rate as my right. I thought using DB's would correct it since it would make me use the same amount of force on each side, but I think it only worsened the problem. The reason being was that the form on my weaker side was horrible. I didn't notice I was doing this until the person spotting me noted that my left elbow flared out compared to my right. So, I went back to the straight bar for all chest lifts. I feel this allows me to concentrate on my form better by allowing me to keep my elbows in tighter and I have a visual gauge (i.e. the level of the bar) to let me know if one side is working harder than the other.

My advice is I would stick with whatever weight you are using now for about a month and reevaluate your situation. That way you aren't forcing your stronger side to grow, but you will allow your weaker side to catch up. Just my thoughts, but of course experiment for yourself.

yeah, I noticed with the staright bar the weaker side usually just balances the bar and doesn't do any where near the amount of work the stronger one does. I have the same issue with one of my legs and use the leg press one leg at a time.

!!

yea yea whatever,j/k.

on a serious note:have you ever heard of the mind to muscle connection?basically it when you can focus on working each muscle individually.it's not easy but it makes a huge difference in gains and equaling out body parts.everyone has a stronger side so dominant side does more of the work.i notice it when i do legs,my right side is stronger so i have to focus on making the left side work just as hard as the right.

the easiest way for me to explain it,is picture the specific muscles expanding and contracting when your doing the exercise.it takes practice but you will notice that the specific muscles will do more work.you will notice better gains,pumps,and you probably won't be able to do as many sets BC the muscles fatigue quicker.hope this makes since??

leap

Jerkyboy said:
LeapFrog beat me to it!

thats what I was gonna say. lol

I know what you mean. I notice that when doing squats and especially legs presses, I guess because it's much heavier weight. try doing leg presses one leg at a time. much more challenging and with allot less weight. Not to common to see someone doing and I always get strange looks when doing them. I do tris when the Smith machine one arm at a time too, again not too common to see on the Smith machine

Liphted said:
I have to go against everyones advice so far. I had the same issue with my left pec not developing at the same rate as my right. I thought using DB's would correct it since it would make me use the same amount of force on each side, but I think it only worsened the problem. The reason being was that the form on my weaker side was horrible. I didn't notice I was doing this until the person spotting me noted that my left elbow flared out compared to my right. So, I went back to the straight bar for all chest lifts. I feel this allows me to concentrate on my form better by allowing me to keep my elbows in tighter and I have a visual gauge (i.e. the level of the bar) to let me know if one side is working harder than the other.

My advice is I would stick with whatever weight you are using now for about a month and reevaluate your situation. That way you aren't forcing your stronger side to grow, but you will allow your weaker side to catch up. Just my thoughts, but of course experiment for yourself.

You could have remedied the situation with DBs by lowering the weight and bring it to level that the weaker arm could handle so you didnt have to compensate. Its been my experience with clients that most people deviate waaaaay more with straight bars as opposed to DBs. DB deviation is very easy if you dont acknolwedge your weak side.

Liphted said:

Ok, help me out here, then you must say it was NOT the dumbbell that was ruining your advancement for pectoral growth it was the form. Correct?

And have you have had proper form with the dumbbells your gains would have come up that much faster for your peck, correct?

!!

yep, correct form usually straightens things out;) ,bad form is like a girl using her teeth:eek:

leap

BOOMSHAKER said:
Ok, help me out here, then you must say it was NOT the dumbbell that was ruining your advancement for pectoral growth it was the form. Correct?

And have you have had proper form with the dumbbells your gains would have come up that much faster for your peck, correct?

leapfrog said:
yep, correct form usually straightens things out;) ,bad form is like a girl using her teeth:eek:

leap

oooooooh ouch ouch ouch! :eek: :p

BOOMSHAKER said:

Agreed. Best advice here.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity