advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Blending all your foods during off season?

MyNameIsJeff

Kilo Klub Member
Is there any reason not to blend your foods? I can think of 3 reasons not to: First, chewing may have some benefit for feeling satiated from a meal. Second, by chewing stuff you give your saliva time to pre-digest foods. Third, blending tasty foods like a piece of salmon or a steak would be a giant waste.

But when I'm in the off-season, I mostly eat foods that don't taste all that good, like rice, chicken, vegetables, nuts. I can definitely do without the texture of those foods on my tongue and just gulp it down. The fruits I eat are very tasty, but they are also great when blended into a smoothie. Also, I'm usually not hungry during bulks, so losing the satiating effect of chewing is not an issue. And the occasional cheat meal or tasty food you can eat solid. In order to still get the positive effects from saliva contact, you can swirl around blended food in your mouth a bit. The advantages are obviously saved time and potentially better digestion of hard to chew foods.

Any relevant factors I forgot? Are any of you into blending your foods regularly? Same during bulks and cuts?

blended chicken and rice? I would probably vomit before it went down. We eat mush coming into this world as a baby. Some will eat mush on their way out, no way am I eating mush by choice. I don`t have that much dedication to jamming down calories. Kuddos to you!

I don`t see any health reasons or negatives to eating your food pureed. A blender/food processor will do a better job than your teeth and will allow you to get down more food especially raw greens and protein, that can be time consuming to eat.

there's a SHW competitor i follow on IG who always posts videos of him blending gross stuff. last one i saw was him blending chicken, beans, olive oil and rice. looked nasty but i swear he just posts it to be hardcore haha.

honestly, i think it can have SOME benefit if you are really pushing cals in the 6k+ range and have a shit appetite, but at that point just flip back and forth between shakes and whole food meals. i'm close to 6k right now and thats how i do it. TrueNutrition blended protein shake + a couple bagels and PB, 2 hours later its ground beef + avocado and rice. rotate back and forth and you can get it in. drinking your cals always works OR just increase your intraWO shake macros.

Is there any reason not to blend your foods? I can think of 3 reasons not to: First, chewing may have some benefit for feeling satiated from a meal. Second, by chewing stuff you give your saliva time to pre-digest foods. Third, blending tasty foods like a piece of salmon or a steak would be a giant waste.

But when I'm in the off-season, I mostly eat foods that don't taste all that good, like rice, chicken, vegetables, nuts. I can definitely do without the texture of those foods on my tongue and just gulp it down. The fruits I eat are very tasty, but they are also great when blended into a smoothie. Also, I'm usually not hungry during bulks, so losing the satiating effect of chewing is not an issue. And the occasional cheat meal or tasty food you can eat solid. In order to still get the positive effects from saliva contact, you can swirl around blended food in your mouth a bit. The advantages are obviously saved time and potentially better digestion of hard to chew foods.

Any relevant factors I forgot? Are any of you into blending your foods regularly? Same during bulks and cuts?
I have to say it sounds tempting because I’m bulking and I’m so sick of eating food. Plus, only my front teeth touch top and bottom, not any of the side teeth so nothing gets chewed well, especially the 2 ounces of mixed nuts I eat. I’ve heard the nutribullet is best at liquefying everything.

I’ve heard your body has to work to digest solid foods so you burn more calories. That’s the only negative I’ve heard from drinking all your meals.

The above posts have pretty much covered everything. If you are struggling to get the necessary calories/macros I say go for it. I am in the same position right now. Although I have decided to add in 1000+ cal bowl of cereal. Obviously doing what you state is better as it means you are sticking to the exact foods (macro ratios) you feel are optimal for your goals . Whereas my cereal protocol is basically just an easy way to add calories that I will enjoy. Although I am sure shakes will come into play in my plan as well but I generally just combine whole foods and powders. So instead of blending meat I tend to use beef/whey isolate and add whole foods to that. The main reason I use powders is the cost of meat where I live. It costs me a lot having 3-4 quality meat meals per day so for 5, 6 or 7 I prefer using cheaper protein sources or just powders.

i tried 7 solid meals in bulk, it was difficult to eat.
4 solid and 3 with powders is manageable

I`m good without a Poundstone shake! Boiled chicken and tap water, not even salt? I`ll skip those and skip his heavy breathing while just talking.

there's a SHW competitor i follow on IG who always posts videos of him blending gross stuff. last one i saw was him blending chicken, beans, olive oil and rice.

If you think about it, it's just like drinking a type of chicken soup. Actually sounds pretty good. Guys have been doing stuff like this for years. I remember when bodybuilders were eating baby food pre-contest. Maybe some still do.

I have to say it sounds tempting because I’m bulking and I’m so sick of eating food. Plus, only my front teeth touch top and bottom, not any of the side teeth so nothing gets chewed well, especially the 2 ounces of mixed nuts I eat. I’ve heard the nutribullet is best at liquefying everything.

I’ve heard your body has to work to digest solid foods so you burn more calories. That’s the only negative I’ve heard from drinking all your meals.
My biggest meal of the day comes out of my nutribullet. 1 cup raw nuts,a banana ,handful of pineapple and a container of vanilla Greek yogurt all mixed up in 8 ounces of calorie free orange flavored water.

If you think about it, it's just like drinking a type of chicken soup. Actually sounds pretty good. Guys have been doing stuff like this for years. I remember when bodybuilders were eating baby food pre-contest. Maybe some still do.

lol, thats a pretty far cry form chicken soup! lol

i forget who but im sure you remember years back the dude making oj n tuna shakes... vander! lol
yuk!

lol, thats a pretty far cry form chicken soup! lol

i forget who but im sure you remember years back the dude making oj n tuna shakes... vander! lol
yuk!
Yeah after reading that I tried it with apple juice.......was a no go!

lol
fuck that!
would much rather enjoy my food!
i did this for a short time when i had my face broken once... lol
but dude did insist that oj was the key! lol
yuk!
But where is he now? LOL!!

My first question is if you guys are trying to increase calories and put on lean muscle tissue why in the hell are you eating garbage ass chicken? BEEF BEEF BEEF and more BEEF! Way more caloric dense, way more nutrient dense, way better omega 3 to 6 ratio! Drop the garbage yard bird and eat cow and venison, and salmon, whole eggs. Get your protein in, eat enough carbs to sustain hard training then make up your calories through healthy fat sources. Fuck blending your food.

My first question is if you guys are trying to increase calories and put on lean muscle tissue why in the hell are you eating garbage ass chicken? BEEF BEEF BEEF and more BEEF! Way more caloric dense, way more nutrient dense, way better omega 3 to 6 ratio! Drop the garbage yard bird and eat cow and venison, and salmon, whole eggs. Get your protein in, eat enough carbs to sustain hard training then make up your calories through healthy fat sources. Fuck blending your food.

im glad to see someone else saying this.
chicken these days seems very unnatural to me.
i have watched food change over the years in my various locals, recently chicken has become much more like what it is in the states ( big crunchy weird ) it seems to make me sick when i eat much.

aside from buying real chickens that still have some feathers n blood but still i prefer the BEEF!

Red meat is much higher in saturated fats than chicken breasts. It's also much more expensive than chicken in Europe. Venison in great, but again very expensive. I do eat a mix of chicken, pork and beef, but my staple remains lean chicken. I also eat a lot of Atlantic cod and occasionally some more expensive wild fish. Whole eggs are nice to have occasionally, but due to their high saturated fat and cholesterol content, they shouldn't be a staple. The evidence that saturated fats and dietary cholesterol increase cardiovascular mortality is now very solid.

Notably missing from your list are vegetables and nuts. These are not fun to chew. I eat a whole, minimally steamed, broccoli head every day. Very tired of chewing that shit. Same for apples.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws