over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Can someone explain to me the logic behind women who are bodybuilders

ive got news for you, the rest of society views the male pros just like youre viewing the women who are equally hormonized and jacked up. for the most part women are not attracted to the pro bodybuilder look and there is nothing mentally healthy about a man wanting that look either. we all have our reasons why we do what we do.

You're exactly right!
BUT, I think the OP is trying to ascertain just what makes these women tick...right? Ive met a spoke to quite a few and found they 'think' like me in that they are always looking for more size, getting stronger, leaner etc. Maybe they just lean towards a guys way of thinking i.e less feminine genes and/or traits?

I think it's a great question.

Think about it, most men who are serious into bodybuilding didn't just decide overnight they want to be Mr. Olympia or be of that caliber. Most started training simply to look more appealing cosmetically. There just comes to be a certain point when some people get really really into it, and it leads to other goals (like being olympia caliber)

With women, I think the same theory can apply to an extent. Women want to look sexier and more appealing, then realize they love using weights and take it to another level

Think about it, most men who are serious into bodybuilding didn't just decide overnight they want to be Mr. Olympia or be of that caliber. Most started training simply to look more appealing cosmetically. There just comes to be a certain point when some people get really really into it, and it leads to other goals (like being olympia caliber)

With women, I think the same theory can apply to an extent. Women want to look sexier and more appealing, then realize they love using weights and take it to another level

There ya go right there. All this "it's a psychological issue" is just bullshit. Women (like my wife) get into working out and they start to love it. Obviously not all but some just want to take it to a higher level because they just love the changes they are seeing and decide they want to compete. Just like a person that plays any sport that gets into it enough to want to be the best and excel to the highest level possible. I get really annoyed when guys instantly start talking about sex and whether or not they would bang a girl that was a bodybuilder. The women that compete I'm sure could care less whether or not you want to have sex with them. I know plenty of guys that like the look. You see plenty of Pro women bodybuilders that are in relationships so they aren't hurting for men. Just let it go and deal with the fact that some women love having big muscles and being ripped to the bone. You don't like it then don't watch it but then certainly don't comment on it.

psychological issues

just like some men who want to look like a monster

I mean if you compete, I understand but sometimes they don't care about competition, they just wanna be huge like a tank... they don't care about their health.

and those women, they know 90% of guys wouldn't like them anymore but inside their head, they say fuck it I have to do this in order to be happy, again it's something psychological that messes with their head

all goes back to childhood

This is probably the most bullshit answer I've heard in my life. You are so fucking clueless.

I love the look of fitness models. I have no problem with a female working out, attaining lean muscle and looking fit. But if you have have harder abs than i do and bigger arms than i do then i am going to think like i am fucking a dude. Sorry it is what it is. Sure there are men that like that look but there also people that jump off bridges. Just because 1% of the population may like that look doesnt make it perfectly ok. Not never in the history of mankind will a top pro female body builder look will be what is considered hot. Not never!

If any straight male thinks this is actually hot then i dont know what to say....

women-bodybuilder-02.jpg

381px-2001_Extravaganza_Strength_Contest.jpg

admitingly i dont like the look of hardcore muscular female bodybuilders nor do i understand why any female would wanna be that big

but as its been said its a psychological issue

think of it like this, what your asking is like asking 'why are some men homosexual?'

your never going to understand why, everyone thinks differently

all you can do is accept there individuality

whether we like it or not, it really doesn't matter, each to there own

as the world modernizes i think the least we can do is understand everyone is different, and your not going to be able to understand everyone

Last edited:
There is no difference in a man or a woman wanting to be super-sized...Each are personal preferences and not genre restricted.....

How they are viewed in an attractive standpoint is also strictly individual...Some woman do not find overly jacked men attractive, as many of us men do not find overly jacked woman attractive.....

Nothing that needs to be explained...Too many unanswered variables in the human mind and ego to explain why people want to be and look a certain way...Man or woman, if they are happy in their pursuit then more power to them...As they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....

And just to add...Men who question and/or are against woman who wish to bodybuild at a higher level show nothing but their own insecurities...They may be upset because they could never have the physique of a top level female bodybuilder, or just because they cannot stand that a woman can look better then them on stage and in the gym:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I think they just got into lifting and kept taking it to the next level, like all of us.
I don't know about you guys, but I never knew I would end up where I am at right now. I just lifted weights for sports, then enjoyed growing, then took up AAS, then started taking whatever I could to grow as much as I could.
This sport is about obsession and excess. Some people stop at a certain point, others take things to the max.

Society looks at both women and male bodybuilders as people with mental issues. Have you ever read about a pro bodybuilder from the perspective a person that does not do anything fitness related?

I saw a picture of Jay Cutler at Wet Republic in Las Vegas, and the caption said something about his freakiness in a derogatory way like he was some sort of weirdo for turning himself into 'that'.
I also saw a website discussing the net worth of various celebrities and Jay Cutler was on there..... it said something to the effect of 'This man went to extreme lengths turning his body into some sort of a side show in order to gain a net worth of $xxx' or something like that.

It always amazes me how many people don't get that for most bodybuilders it's not about looking attractive, it's about doing what others don't have the willpower and determination to do. It's about proving you CAN succeed, you can add more muscle to your frame because you will it to happen. No matter what your gender is, bodybuilding is empowering.

It always amazes me how many people don't get that for most bodybuilders it's not about looking attractive, it's about doing what others don't have the willpower and determination to do. It's about proving you CAN succeed, you can add more muscle to your frame because you will it to happen. No matter what your gender is, bodybuilding is empowering.

Right on, Norm.

Well put!

Psychological issues, I have no idea. Were all a little crazy tho.

The main negative about it all is when they start taking male hormones and develop the secondary sexualy characteristics of men and then they dont ever have a period. Forget about having kids ever. Its a much bigger decision for a woman than it is for a man to be sure. Serious repercussions.

The main negative about it all is when they start taking male hormones and develop the secondary sexualy characteristics of men and then they dont ever have a period. Forget about having kids ever. Its a much bigger decision for a woman than it is for a man to be sure. Serious repercussions.

Not really. The sides pretty much all go away. The hair growth and voice are really more annoying than anything but don't affect health. Not having a period, well if a girl takes certain birth control they don't have one then either. I know several female bodybuilders that have had kids. Really it's not any bigger of a deal for women then men. Men can grow tits which need surgery to fix and can get an enlarged prostate which can be a big deal. So all in all it's not a bigger deal for them.

I got no problem with women working out as hard as they possibly can to achieve whatever look they desire.

However, taking huge amounts of male hormones is a completely different discussion all together.

I have dated and worked out with national level bikini, figure and bodybuilding girls and can say with certainty that 2 out of 3 of those categories are soooo hot!

The third group has to shave their faces, watch the hair on their head fall out and be careful at the beach wearing tight bikini bottoms while being laughed at by many.

As already stated by others - I have no idea why a woman would do that to her body just to look like a man.

Ok, it's easy enough to find reasoning behind a man who wants to take his physique and his muscularity to heights which will allow him to look very good and perhaps become a competitive bodybuilder, and then go ahead and step on stage on flaunt it for whatever reason

I think this basic premise is at the core of your misunderstanding. Most competitive bodybuilders (or "hardcore" bodybuilders that don't compete), do NOT do it to "look good" to others. It is a much more personal endeavor about self improvement. "Looking good" doesn't provide much motivation for most people, not enough for bodybuilding purposes. An insane addiction to maximally developing the body to it's ultimate limit provides a lot less reason, and a lot MORE motivation...

for me i'm having a difficult time understanding. for a female to take such large amounts of male hormones and animal hormones to develop their physiques beyond most male muscularities and destroy their own femininity through facial changes and genitalia enlargement is like having a man megadose himself with estrogen and other female hormones to somehow manage to grow a pair of breasts large enough and feminize his facial features and then shrink and starve himself so he can enter a beauty pageant. that is the way i see it but either way it doesn't really make sense to me.

i dont understand. lets be real here, 95% of most men do not find women bodybuilders attractive. not the iris kyle type.

Your analogy to a man mega-dosing himself with estrogen doesn't jive. These women aren't TRYING to get androgenic side effects, and MOST of them are careful enough not to get any sides too badly. Do you forget that MOST male bodybuilders have some level of breast tissue development?

Most women, probably 90-95% do NOT think professional level male bodybuilders are attractive by any means, especially in contest condition.

But all this is moot, your basic misunderstanding again is that bodybuilding and "attraction" are somehow involved.

Everybody has a different idea of beauty. If I looked like a top level bodybuilder (which im not even close) my woman would think it just as disgusting as if I was fat.

Excellent and accurate perspective.

You dont have to explain to others why you would want to look a certain way but i am pretty certain that some people dont make it their life goal to be an obese 600 lb human.

Sumo wrestlers come to mind. I think what you are having a hard time imagining is, these people have ZERO interest in what YOU find attractive.

ive got news for you, the rest of society views the male pros just like youre viewing the women who are equally hormonized and jacked up. for the most part women are not attracted to the pro bodybuilder look and there is nothing mentally healthy about a man wanting that look either. we all have our reasons why we do what we do.

Well said.

Looking more "cosmetically appealing" does NOT drive the average bodybuilder, even at the beginning stages. This is the core difference between competitive bodybuilders and people who workout.

There ya go right there. All this "it's a psychological issue" is just bullshit. Women (like my wife) get into working out and they start to love it. Obviously not all but some just want to take it to a higher level because they just love the changes they are seeing and decide they want to compete. Just like a person that plays any sport that gets into it enough to want to be the best and excel to the highest level possible. I get really annoyed when guys instantly start talking about sex and whether or not they would bang a girl that was a bodybuilder. The women that compete I'm sure could care less whether or not you want to have sex with them. I know plenty of guys that like the look. You see plenty of Pro women bodybuilders that are in relationships so they aren't hurting for men. Just let it go and deal with the fact that some women love having big muscles and being ripped to the bone. You don't like it then don't watch it but then certainly don't comment on it.

^This. Also, to someone the size of a pro bodybuilder, a female pro really isn't that big.

I love the look of fitness models. I have no problem with a female working out, attaining lean muscle and looking fit. But if you have have harder abs than i do and bigger arms than i do then i am going to think like i am fucking a dude. Sorry it is what it is. Sure there are men that like that look but there also people that jump off bridges. Just because 1% of the population may like that look doesnt make it perfectly ok. Not never in the history of mankind will a top pro female body builder look will be what is considered hot. Not never!

If any straight male thinks this is actually hot then i dont know what to say....

women-bodybuilder-02.jpg

381px-2001_Extravaganza_Strength_Contest.jpg

No straight female thinks male pros are "hot" either. To top it off, NONE of them are trying to be "hot."

Probably the best statement in this thread.

Men face the same repercussions. Sterility is common, so are secondary female characteristics like growing breasts and shrinking balls.

Last edited:
I admire the hard work that goes into bodybuilding - male or female - but I have no desires to look like that... or to bang something like that. lol

To each his own...

The fascination of learning so much about the human body and its capabilities are definitely intriguing though. Kudos to the bodybuilders!

I would be curious to know if there were ever women in history who tried to compete in the ancient olympics, lift weights, be strong and physically imposing. Because I know of no developed societies throughout history, or today, that champion those traits in females...they goes against societal norms. Maybe it's a more recent phenomenon that goes along with steroids being more accessible?

Regardless, I have respect for anyone who maximizes the potential of their body through bodybuilding, but it would be interesting to know how someone could be motivated enough to change their secondary sex characteristics. If I even get slightly puffy nipples I get insecure about taking my shirt off in front of people.

I would be curious to know if there were ever women in history who tried to compete in the ancient olympics, lift weights, be strong and physically imposing. Because I know of no developed societies throughout history, or today, that champion those traits in females...they goes against societal norms. Maybe it's a more recent phenomenon that goes along with steroids being more accessible?

There are numerous examples of strong women in ancient cultures, even warriors.

BRAVE WOMEN WARRIORS OF GREEK MYTH

Female Spartiate babies are remarked to have been significantly more nourished than other female Greek children and in some cases than Spartiate male babies. Many believe this preference is shown to female babies because it is especially important to the Spartans to have physically fit women to bear children. In their youth, female Spartiates ran around naked alongside the boys and competed in gymnastics, wrestling, foot and horse races, and other required physical trials, all in the public’s view. Girls also frequently competed in gymnopaedia the Spartan festival of naked youths. Women were also known to compete in the Olympics and other important athletic events, usually races.

Finally, just for a male ego check:

Becca Swanson 600# Bench - YouTube

Last edited:

Best answer right here!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner