over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

competition question... sort of

I do like bio suggested.. just say I honestly don't think your ready
Or tell them how much they will have to suffer to get in shape
Then u got the outta shape guy that's 240lbs and fat and thinks he will step on stage ripped and 230... more like ripped at 185
That usual does it for them
There are many delusional people that persue this hobby

Maybe he will be in the same class with Jason Genova and win.Then he will be ready to get his pro card.

Dude I've been doing professional (as in this is my career) contest prep for over 25 years. All body types, male and female, some too small, some too fat! All shapes and sizes. What you describe is the most common problem I run into. Not to be cold but, why give a shit? If you were a paid trainer who's career depended on clients, you'd take his money do the best you can and let him learn his lesson. Some of the best competitors I've every trained failed miserably their first and sometimes second show. My x was a NPC champion female BB and went to the nationals in her second year but, did not even place in the top 15 her first show. We both learned a lot that day! LOL Maybe the best thing in the world would be to let him fail.
Just my .02

No offense bro, but that sounds like bad advice. I for one, would not want to be associated with shitty clients who fall flat on their face. That reflects back on you. I would reject the client if they are not willing to put the work in. Plenty of others are.

I say it how it is. Listen little guy, you're my homie and all but You're fucking skinny bro, gain some muscle; be consistent and get your diet in check then think about it.. I'll help you with that but you look like shit and not near stage ready..

You welcome

he is young and genuinely stupid

That would be enough for me to avoid him at all costs... such people are hopeless, why even bother? It's a lost cause... no matter how hard you try, you'll never be able to buy him IQ points... :eek:

Of course, you want to be honest with him, but if he insists on competing it doesn't really matter what happens because its his first local show. Whether he places well or not, is in shape or not, knows how to pose or not, or anything else...none of it matters in regards to his long-term success or failure. For most people first shows serve one primary purpose--to provide a learning experience.

You've said your piece...so let him walk onstage and wake up to reality, whatever that happens to be for him. If he is serious about wanting to do well in competition, an ass-whooping is going to show him real quick just what he needs to do in order to advance in this sport...that is, assuming he has the intelligence and basic self-assessment skills (i.e not delusional) necessary to make the most of his genetic ability

Last edited:
Thank you brother i appreciate it!! Thats awesome they think your a weirdo lol. The goal is to be unapproachable without being a jerk as you know. All it takes is one small convo with a person, now every time you go to gym they want to say hi and chat. 3 years later you have 7 guys that want to chat for a minute, then your looking for a new gym lol. 99 percent of the people in the gym do not have your thinking, they dont understand. Keep them away:D

dude... you don't even know!
where I live is a little different then where most of you live so... idk it can be a little funny to begin with.

in general ppl are SUPER chatty with each other and have taken small talk/bullshitting to unimaginable heights and are very friendly.

my gym is TINY, like super tiny and horribly equipped. that's another story.

i have been going there for a long time too, so we had to go through like getting to know you stages. lol

i generally used to keep my headphones on and look at the floor as we know that helps but in attempts to be... idk less crazy, less angry, i thought maybe it would be better NOT to have angry yelling screaming in my ears. lol

you guys all see me type about being fucked up or whatever and there is a certain reality to that that idk... brings questions rumors etc when you are the alien in a sort of closed community and i am really trying to evolve and be more "normal" less of a psyco and would like to live in the same place for more then a few months, so occasional friendly chatting is necessary.

oh, im also friends with the owner. lol
so i do kinda know a few pl that work there and have helped a little with various things, common interest n all.

gives you a little better idea of the situation.

spent some time with the lil guy who was all into bb, good heart but kinda dumb. i know how it goes so washed my hands.

he stayed away from me for a bit n recently pulled me over with this n a few gear questions.

i know there is no way ill spend time with or for him, just seeing if anyone had any fun ideas. lol

and to a cpl of these replies... lol
most know i am pretty much the first to be a dick around here when it comes to more "basic" questions. i will though give even the "newer" members some props here as the worst of our pm members is usually at a gym allstar level in terms of knowledge on all of this.

cant always be an asshole :p

I mean.....if you like the kid.....then help him.....

maybe just keep it to answering his questions...

nowadays though they think all they need to do is
GOOGLE whatever they want to know....and they are gurus.

:cool:

I mean.....if you like the kid.....then help him.....

maybe just keep it to answering his questions...

nowadays though they think all they need to do is
GOOGLE whatever they want to know....and they are gurus.

:cool:

ah, hes hopeless. lol

in English there is sooo much info in other languages, not so much.

i try to come up with the most general way to answer these giant questions.

what do i do? lol
diet, take more gear, lift weights :lightbulb:

i chatted with him for like half hr, he grabbed me as i was leaving,after i was scratching my head. like he just asked me about basically EVERY steroid there was... translate and answer in less then 5 words. lol

being honest is never "mean" people get pissed or butt hurt because they live in a fantasy land where everything is easy and everyone tells you what you wanna hear.

Lying to him telling him he has a shot (when he doesn't) is mean as that will set him up for failure.

Be brutally honest , tell him the facts and if he insist then help him get into the best shape he can and get on stage then let the judges show him.!!

he sounds like the type that is gonna insist he is holding water when he's actually fat. He'll blame you or lack of drugs for his lack of size.

I've helped a few people compete and i have to say it takes a special person to be a prep coach to deal with all the whining ass complaining bullshit.

being honest is never "mean" people get pissed or butt hurt because they live in a fantasy land where everything is easy and everyone tells you what you wanna hear.

Lying to him telling him he has a shot (when he doesn't) is mean as that will set him up for failure.

Be brutally honest , tell him the facts and if he insist then help him get into the best shape he can and get on stage then let the judges show him.!!

he sounds like the type that is gonna insist he is holding water when he's actually fat. He'll blame you or lack of drugs for his lack of size.

I've helped a few people compete and i have to say it takes a special person to be a prep coach to deal with all the whining ass complaining bullshit.

well, much of that is why is why I don't really like to get involved.

lol

I don't lie to ppl, I also don't think its right in this case to tell him not to.

I told him originally what I thought he needed to do to be successful, grow for 2 years! lol then maybe think about it.

that was prob a year ago.

when I held his hand he did ok ish. I don't have time or interest in that.

if i did that for him again he would probably do well.
i feel bad to not share knowledge, as sometimes a simple conversation can avoid or help many things.

example... take arimidex to help avoid titties. we are at that sort of level. lol

I enjoy all of is shit and I know the importance it has had in my life.
i do not compete, nor do i have interest.
maybe many years ago i thought about it but learning what it would take and attempting it, sort of... lol. straightened me out on the subject, plus all of lifes little ups n downs didn't provide the stability needed. probably for the best.

i have changed myself by more then most ppl weigh several times, so i have some idea on how to do that, in no way am i a pre coach. diet is easy, REAL prep can be different.

his world of bb is very different then what you guys see i think, i do not want to discourage him. this is part of why i made note of "my" standards. lol

trying to turn what could be transmitted as negative thoughts into some sort of encouraging simple statements is where my head is.

gave him thoughts on the gear question at least. lol

see what happens from there.

:D

that sucks

:(

Yeah really..... and to make it worse she refuses to eat to grow.....so her ass will remain flat as fuck

I enjoy all of is shit and I know the importance it has had in my life.
i do not compete, nor do i have interest.
maybe many years ago i thought about it but learning what it would take and attempting it, sort of... lol. straightened me out on the subject, plus all of lifes little ups n downs didn't provide the stability needed. probably for the best.

i have changed myself by more then most ppl weigh several times, so i have some idea on how to do that, in no way am i a pre coach. diet is easy, REAL prep can be different.
While I don't anticipate this is the case, some people discourage others from competing because they themselves are unwilling to commit. Crabs in the bucket.

I would encourage anyone who has the desire to compete to try. You learn more about yourself during the process than you realize. And you just might find competing is not the experience for which you anticipated.

You've tried to provide this individual honest, genuine direction. That's the best you can do.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws