advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Does the gym you train at effect your results?

Does your gym matter equipment and environment wise?

• Yes it helps noticeably

Votes: 68 85.0%
  • No you can use any gym and reach the same goal

Votes: 12 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
100% I train in a bodybuilding gym where the majority of guys are jacked. You are the sum of the 5 people you spend most time with and in relation if I was in a fancy health club where every one was training like a pussy I wouldn't be as motivated

Plus variety of exercises absolutely essential to get the most out of a workout. Not saying basics don't work but certain machines hit body parts harder

As others have said I think the environment itself may cause differences in one's performance but as far as just equipment, I think the extra equipment can definitely make things easier but at the same time are usually some type of alternatives available to hit the same muscle groups with just free weights.

This is a great question, IMO. My gym is set up where the top floor is where all the weights are. As a result, there is 1 female for every 8 or so males. Basically, I'm working out at an all male gym except for the one occasion a really attractive female shows up. All the women are in the cardio rooms or taking the classes. I still train the same way, but my motivation is soooo much better when there are hot girls to work out next to. Also, no one at my gym is really a huge bodybuilder, so I feel like I am the motivation, instead of having others to be motivated by.

True, but diet is most likely the key factor here. Have you ever seen some guys in prison? Some of those guys are pretty impressive considering their environment and their equipment is anything but impressive.

That may be true, but they don't have the best of diets in prison lol.

Technically it doesn't matter all things being equal. In reality though it does. Humans are social creatures. Atmosphere of the club/shed/garage/basement makes a big difference.

I train longer and harder when there are hot chicks around....:headbang:

That may be true, but they don't have the best of diets in prison lol.

Yeah I know. I was saying that lack of diet in that video posted is most likely why those kids look like shit. At least guys in jail can get supplements.

By basic equipment I mean by having access to basic hammer strength machines, life fitness, leg presses, smith, etc that most commercial gyms will have in any well populated city. Dumbbells that go up to a reasonable weight, like 120's which most gyms have, is also important but it doesn't need to go up to 150's or 200's. At the same time, it can't just go up to 60's like some apartment gyms or a home fitness garage gym. Barbells with a simple power rack is important, and also eliminates the need for a flat bench in some cases because you can just bench in the rack. EZ-bars and such is also included. This is the premise of a basic gym.

I think the more equipment, the better. You can always find 5 more ways to use it than it was intended for. Any new way to stress a muscle = good.

But yeah, genetics are the key.

I've always enjoyed and had better gains at "Hardcore" gyms. It's hot, loud and feels like the 1980's all over again. :headbang: No pussys, no stairmasters, no bullshit. Just a bunch of jacked iron brothers taking care of business.

Now, I'm stuck going to a gym where I get to watch Miss Piggy do her cardio while I try not to revert back to "FREAK mode" and scare people.

I think it defineitly affects my results. Like other ppl said, atmosphere is big for me. Even if i had my own decked out badass home gym, i like going to the gym.

Only if its very under equipped. Otherwise not at all. Im zoned out when I train, so the atmosphere doesnt really matter. If I was at planet fitness or some shit where they were setting off alarms and confronting me, then yes. Ive rarely had that issue and have trained at many fitness gyms. Not planet fitness though. I went there for a few months, once a week, very late at night, for a spot on bench. It was someone elses membership. The night guy was fine with me, so there was no issue. Before he came in , some piece of shit set off the alarm on me when I was reracking weight on the bench though.

I also had some issues at Golds Gyms for deadlifting. I did it anyway but I would hear shit from the manager sometimes. That type of shit is negative. Aside from that there shouldnt be any issues if there is good equipment.

For me , I need more than freeweights. I have alot of strains and injuries so equipment becomes more important for me.

Even though pin loaded machines are all too light for me, I will add plates onto the stacks. It would be better if they made heavier stacks, and had one of those self spotting benches, moving dumbbell racks you can lift off of, and shit like that, but those are just luxuries that ive never had anyway.

Hammer strength machines are great. When I was going very heavy I would overload those as well, but 450 lbs was always enough to work with. Especially after pre exhaustion, or slowing reps down, rest pause, etc.

Those are really my only issues with gyms. They only accomodate the general public however

KILL THAT SHIT !!

absolutely matters

You should try to train at a facility that is specific to your actual goals. I actually own a gym that caters to specific types of training. That isnt to say that we arent suited for everyone. But, our members are geared towards a very functional style of fitness.

I can absolutely say that in the time that I have trained at my place versus that days i used to train at bigger gyms I have made signficant changes to my body in the exact direction that I wanted to go. I have gotten stronger and faster than ever before. But still able to hold 230lbs pretty solid.

But my goals are more towards continuing to fight and compete in grappling and kickboxing. I dont think I would be able to manipulate my body as well at any other facility. Mainly due to equipment. We have no machines at all in our gym. We use heavy tires, sledgehammers, bungees, kettlebells, TRX, surfboard training, etc.

Yes it does, for one im an emotional fella. I had got banned from the last gym i was at, i lifted there for five years nd then it took over new ownership, me and my wife both got banned due to drama between the wife and the owner (long story, wife was working there), i had nothing to do with it. I joined a new gym that my buddy had started, very nice, everything you need here, for four months i just couldnt find my groove man, lost 20 pounds.....now im finally gettin the groove back...thank god....

For me, it seems I have my best results when I'm in a gym with people far more advanced than me. When I'm one of (or the) better guys in the gym, it seems that although I think I'm trying as hard, my progress isn't quite as quick. Maybe it's the motivation of WANTING to be the top dog at the gym that drives me to push harder than normal. I'm not sure, just something I noticed.

lots of hot women and/or more equipment keeps things fresh and exciting. much easier to bring the intensity every time vs not having them.

The equipment to me matters to a small degree. Im pretty self motivated to train crazy hard but i get on a whole nother level in a atmosphere like Golds, Metroflex, etc.. Being around like minded beasts motivating CT Fletcher style is game changer for me personally.

Ive been to a few different gyms each with their own atmosphere and I would have to say I preferred the basic, free weight, meathead gym where everyone was jacked and had on their headphones and were just there to lift. All the trainers were competitors at local comps and the females that came in to work out also worked on their posing routines for the comps so that was always nice to watch. But all-in-all everyone was there for a purpose and not to just stand around and shoot the s**t around some equipment.

Years ago, the gym i trained at had some top level bodybuilders, strong men, NFL players and jacked up regular Joes, so it was awesome.

The gym I'm at now, it blows. That's the reason I train later in the evening. Lately I've been training with an NFL player, who I hadn't known even played football. He's a hell of a guy, and really only goes to this gym because it's close to home.

Nobody says shit at my normal gym time, but if i went during peak hours, I'm sure some pussy would bitch about it.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131