over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

eating clean on tight budget

bbg420

Registered
I would love to hear some ideas on the most expensive part of bodybuilding eating clean when moneys tight, thoughts

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNctsEFp7Zs]"Big on a Budget" Series with Evan "Ox" Centopani - YouTube[/ame]

btw a buddy of mine started deer hunting cause deer meat is in the same category as chicken, he buys bunch deer tags, he said it saves a lot of money, I wonder how much deer meat you get from 1 deer

I guess it depends where you live and how much protein you eat per day. If you eat 300+ protein per day you will be having to 1. either look for deals on chicken breast, fish, and protein powders (if that's your thing. If you eat 150-200 per day you can get away with a bit more expensive choices lean cuts of beef, better species of fish. With that being said if you live in Canada you are pretty much fucked. The cheapest sources of protein here are canned tuna and eggs/ eggwhites.

I spend about 3x the cash on precontest dieting.

also I think my buddy might be onto something here, he looks great and is a hunter and fisherman ,he eats lots of deer meat and game fish like crappie and walleye ,it saves him a fortune

btw a buddy of mine started deer hunting cause deer meat is in the same category as chicken, he buys bunch deer tags, he said it saves a lot of money, I wonder how much deer meat you get from 1 deer

How do you figure venison is in the same category as chicken?

it doesn't get any cheaper than chicken breasts, ground beef, sweet potatoes, and rice. when i was a student i would make up a ton of sheppards pie, etc. it was easy calories.

i got this from butcher-packer.com
Meat Yields (In Pounds)
Animal Weight* Meat Waste %Meat
Mature Buck 180 72 108 40%
*Carcass weight. Head, hide and intestines removed

**University of Wisconsin research

Love finding buy one get one free deals and racking up for a month or two. Almost like xmas when I see it in stores

How do you figure venison is in the same category as chicken?[/QUOTE

compare deer steak and chicken breast, deer steak has a better nutrition value and completely lacks fat compared to say beef steak, I guess I should have said deer steak vs chicken breast

Last edited:
Deer is a staple in my diet. Just got done eating some actually. As far as deer being cheap it's not, for me atleast. Leasing land, equipment, processing ect, it's adds up.

Deer is a staple in my diet. Just got done eating some actually. As far as deer being cheap it's not, for me atleast. Leasing land, equipment, processing ect, it's adds up.

Makes sense. You slay the deer, then you eat it.

Eating clean is cheaper than eating shitty IMO...chicken breast/fish are cheap if you buy frozen in bulk, and white rice/oats are pretty much free. Add in some whey and veggies, how is it expensive??? I spend way more when I am not dieting cause I want more variety and start buying weird shit.

I guess it depends where you live and how much protein you eat per day. If you eat 300+ protein per day you will be having to 1. either look for deals on chicken breast, fish, and protein powders (if that's your thing. If you eat 150-200 per day you can get away with a bit more expensive choices lean cuts of beef, better species of fish. With that being said if you live in Canada you are pretty much fucked. The cheapest sources of protein here are canned tuna and eggs/ eggwhites.

I have two freezers full of deer meat and if i have to i will buy another just for the meat.

your cost for leasing land is the big one, my buddy hunts private land no cost, butcher charges 60$ per deer and deer tags are 24$ each, one member said a deer yields 40% of natural weight ,so 120lb deer would give 50lbs deer meat, go to grocery store and buy 50lbs beef and see how much you spend, hunting would save you a fortune

Just depends where you shop and what you are willing to compromise on. If you buy your meat at Costco, it is cheap. If you prefer organic from Whole Foods, well, not so much.

And avoid eating out. That's the real budget breaker.

Sent using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just got back from Sam's Wholesale. Boneless skinless chicken breast in 10 lb packs , ( $1.77 lb. ) . That's pretty damn cheap.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear